Biostar Tforce overclocking stories??

wow, what bios version? This is definately higher than 280!

I just got my epox board in, waiting for new ram, it has many OC options aswell.

Dillusion said:
wow, what bios version? This is definately higher than 280!

I just got my epox board in, waiting for new ram, it has many OC options aswell.

RH505 Custom :) see previous link.

Serge84 said:
it actouly makes my HTT rise.

only on the [H]

in other news I ordered in that venice combo from newegg, and a friend is getting my 2800. It should be in wednesday.

I just ordered the AM2 Tforce and a X2 4000 from ZZF. I been following along somewhat. I hope it turns out to be a good choice. I wanted conroe, but with lack of boards and needing to upgrade now, I thought this was a good choice. I got a gig stick of Gskill dd2 800, anyone use this mem yet? And how is the stock X2 HSF? I got the MicroFly from TD with the 400w PSU..im hoping this rig turns out to be quiet. Thanks

PaHick said:
I just ordered the AM2 Tforce and a X2 4000 from ZZF. I been following along somewhat. I hope it turns out to be a good choice. I wanted conroe, but with lack of boards and needing to upgrade now, I thought this was a good choice. I got a gig stick of Gskill dd2 800, anyone use this mem yet? And how is the stock X2 HSF? I got the MicroFly from TD with the 400w PSU..im hoping this rig turns out to be quiet. Thanks

Your rig is good. My comp is very quiet even tho it has so many fans in it. They are high airflow low RPM fans. Even at these speeds it has no prob being so quiet I just leave my comp on 24/7 in my room Use it for downloading movies games catting and everything else. Get the right fans and you'll be set.

I use Gskill DDR2 800 (512 x2). Shouldn't be much of a difference. Very good memory.

Thanks for the info. A little birthday present for myself :D . Hope its all here by the weekend.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=114165
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=114166
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=114167

New limit is Vcore 1.55v. Bios issues will not allow 1.6v 1.65v 1.7v 1.75v or 1.8v but will allow 1.95v. Hope biostar fixes this voltage bug. Max 1200mhz memory 2.2v prob but not sure clock gen limited to 600FSB?, 375 CPU, 3750MT/s 5x Hyper transport. Use half multipliers to get these results. Bios is multiplier buggy. Totally stable on half mutipliers as far as I can tell.

Is there a program that saves multipliers... mostly the half ones?

First post here. I have the 6100 AM2 with a 3800 Orleans but can't find a program to change the CPU multiplier. The manual shows a Hammer CPU multiplier setting but I don't see it in the Bios. I tried the Biostar OC utility but it doesn't work that great. Systool doesn't recognize the board and Ntune doesn't work either. If I change the FID control it shows the speed correctly when testing in Memtest but when I get into windows it reverts back to the 12X multiplier. Any ideas on how to get around this? My board also won't post at all in the 233 to 240 range. 240 and up is ok but the CPU frequency is too high at that HTT and multiplier. Thanks in advance for any help.

chachmarach said:
First post here. I have the 6100 AM2 with a 3800 Orleans but can't find a program to change the CPU multiplier. The manual shows a Hammer CPU multiplier setting but I don't see it in the Bios. I tried the Biostar OC utility but it doesn't work that great. Systool doesn't recognize the board and Ntune doesn't work either. If I change the FID control it shows the speed correctly when testing in Memtest but when I get into windows it reverts back to the 12X multiplier. Any ideas on how to get around this? My board also won't post at all in the 233 to 240 range. 240 and up is ok but the CPU frequency is too high at that HTT and multiplier. Thanks in advance for any help.

Use RM clock. Great for saving multiplier settings and half ones as well. Google it!

I was hoping to have everything to put my MF together this weekend and get some OCing in, but it seems everyone and their brother bought the AM2 X2 4000's at ZZF the same time I did :( so they put me on backorder. I just called them and had them substitute the X2 3800 instead, but I doubt it will be here until the weekend. Im starting to think I should have went Newegg for everything but the case. Most likely it would have been here by now. With ZZF's 2nd day shipping I saved some cash, but their 2nd day shipping is gonna come in 7 days according to tracking :mad:

I am trying to ask Biostar support if they will enable the Hammer CPU multiplier option(as in the manual) in a future bios but they tell me that some AMD CPU's are totally locked and that the option is already in the bios. They says it is just my CPU that can't be adjusted. I was trying to explain to them that I should be able to adjust the multiplier downward but no luck. There is no way currently of adjusting the CPU multiplier downward on a Biostar Tforce 6100 except with a 3rd party WIndows based tool (correct)?? An Orleans 3800 AM2 chip should be able to adjust the CPU multiplier from the default of 12X downward (correct)?? Thanks

Forget my previous post. Thank you Serge84 for referring me to RMclock. I figured it out and it works like a charm. I am now hitting the HTT Speeds I wanted. Very basic tool but does exactly what I want and that is to change the multiplier to 10X. Thanks again very much for your help.

I've been reading this forum for a while and it has helped me immensely even though I have the lesser Geforce 6100-M9. I came accross something last night that might help a few of you that are having troubles starting way down at 230 FSB.

I had similar problems though more in the 250 range, until I thought to reseat my N and S bridge chipset heat sinks. The thermal paste was poorly spread, and I suspect the chipsets had to be scorching hot. After this and moderate memory tweaks, I am now at least Super Pi 32 M stable with tight but underclocked memory @ 2.7 GHz with what CPU-Z claims is a San Diego 3200 and Buffalo value ram.

I assume this is good for the lesser M9 board, and I am perplexed because I was not aware that there was a 3200 San Diego core made.

shibby50 said:
I've been reading this forum for a while and it has helped me immensely even though I have the lesser Geforce 6100-M9. I came accross something last night that might help a few of you that are having troubles starting way down at 230 FSB.

I had similar problems though more in the 250 range, until I thought to reseat my N and S bridge chipset heat sinks. The thermal paste was poorly spread, and I suspect the chipsets had to be scorching hot. After this and moderate memory tweaks, I am now at least Super Pi 32 M stable with tight but underclocked memory @ 2.7 GHz with what CPU-Z claims is a San Diego 3200 and Buffalo value ram.

I assume this is good for the lesser M9 board, and I am perplexed because I was not aware that there was a 3200 San Diego core made.
They may have quit making new CPU's for the 939, but not crazy steppings or underclocked cores. They will still kind of do that until 2007.

For all tforce6100- 754 users, I need your feedback.

1. What's the best overclocking bios?
2. How come the US site latest bios for 3/6/06 while the china(.cn) website has 06/02/06? Is there a problem with the 06/02/06 bios? Also how come the 529.bst bios is listed as newer than than 602.cbt bios, both have same update date of June 2? What's the difference between the bst and cbt file?
3. What's your max HTT? I can get mine up to 270 Mhz 1:1 with my Samsung UCCC 1GB memory. I cant get it to boot at 300 even when using mem dividers. My bios is 5/15 which I cant find in the bios list.
4. Is it okay to use the DOS flash method instead of the bios flash? I had very bad experience with flashing thru bios. I usually flash using files on the hard drive. I once flashed thru the bios with a corrupted floppy, it screwed my mobo of course.

My setup, tforce6100-754 , athlon 3000+ 754 running at 2.7Ghz 1.55V, 10x270 Mhz 1:1 with memory 2x1GB UCCC 3-4-4-8-1T , htt multiplier is 5x, PSU is 300W from Antec Aria

Only thing you worry about on stock cooling is the voltage. IE the higher you go the hotter it will get, just watch those temps when testing.

I flipped the mystery tforce 3.3v pin and now have 3.23v going to my ram. No oddities have occured. I did get to drop all of my timings, so it must be good. YMMV.

I have this venice +3400 @ 2700 now. No issues, and with the silent boost cooling, quiet when I am cruising forums.

M1ster_R0gers said:
I flipped the mystery tforce 3.3v pin and now have 3.23v going to my ram. No oddities have occured. I did get to drop all of my timings, so it must be good. YMMV.

I have this venice +3400 @ 2700 now. No issues, and with the silent boost cooling, quiet when I am cruising forums.

You should put a fan on the memory.

Anyone try the new Tforce 6100 CR51A615 bios? Anyone know if the advanced memory timings are included again like the first bios? Thanks

The 505 is the only one with advanced memory timings, so far. There is a mod 505RH that is linked somplace in the last 2-3 pages....

My Tforce 6100 AM2 setup was working fine until I went to start my computer last night and it kept blue screening. I then started a windows install and found out my partitions were shown as unknown and all my data was gone. I am using RM clock to adjust my multiplier as the bios doesn't have the option. Can overclocking do something like this? The drive seems to check out fine using Seagate's Seatools online.

chachmarach said:
My Tforce 6100 AM2 setup was working fine until I went to start my computer last night and it kept blue screening. I then started a windows install and found out my partitions were shown as unknown and all my data was gone. I am using RM clock to adjust my multiplier as the bios doesn't have the option. Can overclocking do something like this? The drive seems to check out fine using Seagate's Seatools online.

The RH does have that option in cpu features. They changed where the multiplyer is.

444 said:
Hey Serge, where'd they put that option? Which bios exactly?

I just said it above. lol Around where the disable L2 feature is you'll find. Cpu features, adjust hammer multiplier. Theres only one RH 505 moded bios. =P It sure isn't on any biostar website. Look 2 3 or so pages back and you'll find it.

I have the modded 505RH bios installed on my TF 6100 AM2 with an Orleans 3800 and I don't have a Hammer Multiplier option in my bios. I have a NPT FID Control but no Hammer Multiplier. I am looking in the CPU Cache options as well as CPU option and it isn't there. No where to be found. Can you post a picture of the option in your bios?

chachmarach said:
I have the modded 505RH bios installed on my TF 6100 AM2 with an Orleans 3800 and I don't have a Hammer Multiplier option in my bios. I have a NPT FID Control but no Hammer Multiplier. I am looking in the CPU Cache options as well as CPU option and it isn't there. No where to be found. Can you post a picture of the option in your bios?

Dude that IS the Hammer Multiplier they just called it something else. The NPT FID Control changes the multiplier of the cpu man, ever look in there? It would be pretty ovious. The RH boys wouldn't leave out something as important as that. I use to use it. Wish they would put half multipliers in.

I cant overclock at all. My mobo just says now in safe mode. I dont know what to set voltages to and stuff

I have tried using the NPT FID control and it adjusts it outside of Windows but when Windows loads it is at the 12X default multiplier again. I believe that all of the TF 6100 bios's might have the NPT FID control not just the RH mod. Even in a couple of the professional reviews for this board they say that the multiplier option is left out so it can't be adjusted. In memtest86 it shows the correct speed with the 10X multiplier but something that loads in WIndows changes it back(something must read the CPU default settings when loading and revert to 12X). I tried a fresh install of Windows and still the same thing. Anyone know what component in the WIndows operating system would be changing it back? I have cool and quiet disabled in the bios and just the AMD processor driver that installs with WIndows. ANy ideas?

Hupo , When it states that it is in safe mode the first time after adjusting in the bios, just go into bios and save and exit again. It should start up then without safe mode enabled.

Strange software issue with your OS involved with CPUZ clockgen or the biostar tforce utility. Should work fine on a new instillation like it does for me. Windows clames the multipliers work as well as memtest. But not CPUZ. Hmph! Just change the multiplier with RM clock and it will be fine. The RH bios is the best OCer there is.

You can't be told how to OC really. You got to learn how to through trial and error with time. Oviously if you don't want to mess anything up, you just watch your temps and volts and you'll be fine. Stop at 60C full load. Don't go over 1.55v for now until you get the hang of things, increase volts by 0.025 every time you think the cpu needs more power. Go up 5 FSB on the cpu thing, 1st keep your ram speed down, do different kinds of OC's to find the max of each part. Lower the HT link multiplier. Change around memory timmings later.

It takes a lot of time to figure out your comps max. One time I thought mine was 2.8ghz now I can get upto 3ghz. Good luck. *Note on this bios: Don't try stay below 1.7v don't even use it. 1.65v is only going to get you 1.56v in real volts, Bios read error! Won't post right volts above 1.56v. 1.75v, or 1.8v it will jump to 1.95v in real volts beleave me I know.*

Sorry guys, I must have had something istalled before that I shouldn't have that was remaining behind and altering the multiplier because it works now just like you told me 10 posts ago. Maybe the Biostar OC utility had left some crap behind but I won't be using that again. Thanks again guys for all of the help and sorry for the confusion.

I have 2 bios issues. 1st Sometimes it just forgets the settings I put in it after I do a windows OC. 2nd The stupid CMOS setting saves don't work, your sipose to beable to save your settings up to 50 of them Well that conveniontly forgets as well. Annoying!!!

Back