Black Friday 2006 Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
im interested in the best buy and circuit city deals (usually you can count on less people being in circuit city.

i would with out a doubt, NEVER set foot in a frys or wal-mart on black friday. I was in wal-mart the other day and i swore i had crossed over to mexico. thats not being racist either. thats stating a fact

UL said:
im interested in the best buy and circuit city deals (usually you can count on less people being in circuit city.

i would with out a doubt, NEVER set foot in a frys or wal-mart on black friday. I was in wal-mart the other day and i swore i had crossed over to mexico. thats not being racist either. thats stating a fact

lolzers, its not bad in virginia but when i go home its usually the same story (MD)

UL said:

i know the feeling. half the cashiers at our walmart don't speak english very well. anyway, is it just me, or do most of the "deals" in the ads appear to anyone else as not very hot.

None of em are really hot. The secure digital cards Im eyeballing from Office max are only about $10 cheaper than something I could get now after MIR and google checkout etc. Hopefully Frys, CC, CompUsa, and BB have better deals. I almost always hit up BB, so cheers to them.

I have a BB, Circuit City, and Wal-mart an equal distance away from me, but can only go to one. Which one?

All I know is this. The BB from me is 15 minutes away and last year, the line started to form around 12AM :eek: Plus, the temp was around zero last year. No amount of coffee or cocoa is gonna keep me warm waiting in line for 6 hours.....or maybe I'm just not man enough.... :(

I think my only "hot deal" this year will come from Teh Kmart when I pick up my buy one get one free socks! :rolleyes:

Last year, I wanted to get my son a computer. I had a few spare parts lying around that house, but not enough to piece together a box with enough power to play his games. Fry’s has a 30 day refund guarantee, 15 day for computers. So, knowing that Fry’s will usually have their house brand computer in the Black Friday ad for $99, I went and bought one the weekend before. Come Black Friday, bingo the computer is in the ad. Trick is the sale prices are ‘One Day Only’. I had to go to Fry’s on Black Friday so I went late in the afternoon. Walked right up to the return center and got my refund. Today, my son is still using that computer to play World of Warcraft.

Buying an item a week before the big sale and then getting the difference is like a rapid rebate. I did have to spend the full amount in the first place, but got my rebate a week later. I did not open the package until I was sure the item was in the ad, in case I wanted to return for a full refund. I got the cheap deal without having to camp out the night before, fight for the last item, and then wait in the checkout line for 2 hours. I could use a new video card. Wish I know what was going on sale in this years ad.

vwvanman

tys90 said:
Still waiting on an above average 37" LCDTV deal to show up. Office Max has one for $700, but they barely give any info on it. It shows as Viore in the ad, which I haven't heard of.

me too

i want a new monitor...

a friggin 37" low res monitor

If anyone finds a Damn good deal on a 7600gt or a 1gb-2gb of pc3200 ddr400 ram please let me know.

Do you think these deals will be on their web sites?

I really don't have a way to get anywhere.
Can't drive, 18 and no liscense :/

The people started lining up at the BB by me at around 12PM too, it was pretty nuts, I find it funny when standing in line watching the officer giving out tickets to people parked right next to the store. My dads friend though went at like 9AM to a near office max or depot (always get the 2 confused) and got a couple hard drives for a good price along with some other good deals.

Peopled started lining up at BB at 4PM thanksgiving day last year. They ate early just to camp out overnight. It was ridiculous. I obviously missed out but office max and office depot usually go untouched.

We roll up around opening time, and everyone is in such a rush to get in the doors, I slip right in...Im always one of the first 20 in the store. Ah good times.

Frys is always insanely packed on BF. I cant believe it either since Frys usually doesnt have crazy hot deals.

Anyway BB front page for BF has been leaked, check BFads.net

They got a 32" Westinghouse LCD HDTV for only $490 and a HP 15.4 laptop for $380 or so really good deals

hity645 said:
We roll up around opening time, and everyone is in such a rush to get in the doors, I slip right in...Im always one of the first 20 in the store. Ah good times.

Last year at circuit city we have vouchers for the people waiting in line. Mostly for the $400 laptop. Skipping lines rules though, good luck.

Here's a link to the scans for the entire Best Buy BF ad

http://www.bf-06.com/bb/

Some key deals:
17" MAG LCD monitor ---- $79.99
250GB WD MyBook External HD --- $69.99
22" Westinghouse widescreen LCD --- $199.99
Toshiba DLP projector --- $399.99
19" Samsung widescreen LCD monitor --- $129.99
32" Westinghouse LCD HDTV --- $479.99 --- doorbuster
11 DVD titles for $2.99 each --- doorbuster
25-35 DVD titles for $4.99 each

mrtyphoon said:
Here's a link to the scans for the entire Best Buy BF ad

http://www.bf-06.com/bb/

Some key deals:
17" MAG LCD monitor ---- $79.99
250GB WD MyBook External HD --- $69.99
22" Westinghouse widescreen LCD --- $199.99
Toshiba DLP projector --- $399.99
19" Samsung widescreen LCD monitor --- $129.99
32" Westinghouse LCD HDTV --- $479.99 --- doorbuster
11 DVD titles for $2.99 each --- doorbuster
25-35 DVD titles for $4.99 each

Nice, Id like to see it better...i want to know more about that emachine 189 special

plus that Westinghouse LCD HDTV for 479 is a 27" :(

Dapperdan said:

That's true, but on the upper right corner of picture #11 it shows the 32" Westy for the same price. Doorbuster though, so if you want it, better arrive early!

Dapperdan said:
Nice, Id like to see it better...i want to know more about that emachine 189 special

And the 32" is $800, there has to be something better than this...

Just an FYI, don't make definate plans to go out to Best Buy and get stuff until you can get your hands on an ad from your local paper. The deals aren't nationwide and can vary.

I found this out last year when I wanted to snag one of the Emachine specials for a family member. I was flabbergasted when the local ad didn't show them for sale.

Nuc_E said:
Just an FYI, don't make definate plans to go out to Best Buy and get stuff until you can get your hands on an ad from your local paper. The deals aren't nationwide and can vary.

I found this out last year when I wanted to snag one of the Emachine specials for a family member. I was flabbergasted when the local ad didn't show them for sale.

Ya had the same issue one year :(

hity645 said:

Wish we could do that here, we have security, taped off lines, and the works. You can't sneak by without someone who works there noticing.

So disappointed in the bestbuy ad this year, 250gb hard drive for $60? Weak. The 17" LCD might be nice for a spare or another monitor though. 100dvd for $5, hot. The secure digital cards Im looking at...not so hot, office max seems to be the hottest. Laptop seems to be a good deal, might try to snag one for my sister.

Thanks for posting links, updated the first post accordingly.

Im skillful at getting into places Im not supposed to.

FooTemps said:
Wish we could do that here, we have security, taped off lines, and the works. You can't sneak by without someone who works there noticing.

yeah that wouldn't work, they give out coupons or whatever for the doorbuster items. So by the time the doors actually open all the really good stuff is gone.

skudmunky said:
That 22" widescreen Westinghouse any good for 200?

I second this, I'd be more than willing to shell out a couple bills for a nice 22" widescreen.

wow, what resolution on those jpgs ;) Can anyone tell if the 100 dvd-r for $5 or the 30 lightscribe dvdr for $9 is a doorbuster, or does that go all day?

So what do you guys think. Should I be at bestbuy at 3AM to be able to get doorbuster coupons? Last year I showed up at 5:00AM and I was like the 400th person in line.

Blaineikans said:
I second this, I'd be more than willing to shell out a couple bills for a nice 22" widescreen.
It looks like that's the Westinghouse LCM-22w2, which is supposed to be pretty good. At $200 that's a goddamned steal. Anyone know how early BBs in western massachusetts open so I can snag one of these?

pettybone said:
So what do you guys think. Should I be at bestbuy at 3AM to be able to get doorbuster coupons? Last year I showed up at 5:00AM and I was like the 400th person in line.
You know I was going to ask the same question. I've never been out on Black Friday and have no idea what time I should get there.

I think we showed up at Wally World (I know, I'm ashamed:() at about 2ish in the AM last year and I got one of the last of the $400 lappy's.

Where's the obligatory uber-awesome Best Buy hard drive deal of the year?! Oh well.

shadowfax said:
wow, what resolution on those jpgs ;) Can anyone tell if the 100 dvd-r for $5 or the 30 lightscribe dvdr for $9 is a doorbuster, or does that go all day?

I wouldnt think so, anytime you go into Best Buy they always have enough media to start up an illegal movie production to distribute to every person in america.

Bestbuy has a 19" LCD with DVI/VGA from Westinghouse for $200 off, but it's out of stock in all the stores near me, and backordered online. Gee, I wonder what the chances are that it would be back in stock before BF?...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back