Black Friday 2006 Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea same here, We were talkin with some employees last night and they said theres 8 items that werent in the ad that will be on the BF sale

stolen from...
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030196810&postcount=106
(quote didnt work for me for some reasn)

""""""""
The ads show that model number (for the 22") as being correct. But...

I went to Westinghouse's site. No mention of whether the unit is HDCP-compliant. Also, no mention of whether it supports 1:1 pixel mapping (important to gamers whose GPU may not work well at 1680x1050) but I doubt it has that, because the user manual (which is quite weak) mentions increasing the resolution of your vidcard if the picture looks blocky or fuzzy.

Without HDCP, there's no way I'd buy a 22" widescreen. That's disappointing, since this unit has almost every input under the sun, and a lot of its specs are pretty good. But since a monitor purchase is a big deal for me, I'll probably hold off until I can afford a Dell 2007WFP, which has HDCP and does have 1:1 pixel mapping.
""""

i like how the add for Best Buy says the prices are good from the 23rd till the 25th, problem is theres no stores open on the 23rd, so why they saying the prices are good then, you cant order them online, stores are closed, just make no sense to me!

Diablo2K said:
i like how the add for Best Buy says the prices are good from the 23rd till the 25th, problem is theres no stores open on the 23rd, so why they saying the prices are good then, you cant order them online, stores are closed, just make no sense to me!

I was really curious about that too. I called the store and they just kept telling me they're closed tomorrow and never gave an explanation.

Worminater said:
stolen from...

""""""""

I went to Westinghouse's site. No mention of whether the unit is HDCP-compliant. Also, no mention of whether it supports 1:1 pixel mapping (important to gamers whose GPU may not work well at 1680x1050) but I doubt it has that, because the user manual (which is quite weak) mentions increasing the resolution of your vidcard if the picture looks blocky or fuzzy.

Without HDCP, there's no way I'd buy a 22" widescreen. That's disappointing, since this unit has almost every input under the sun, and a lot of its specs are pretty good. But since a monitor purchase is a big deal for me, I'll probably hold off until I can afford a Dell 2007WFP, which has HDCP and does have 1:1 pixel mapping.
""""
Wow thanks for the info.... now I dont feel as bad for not having the $200 that day :)

What's the word on the Viore 37" HD-Ready LCD TV at OfficeMax? Is it worth it for 699?

I like the size of the 37" and this is one of the few deals I see for that size, it says it does 1080i which as I understand is the highest available resolution to these. What does the HD-Ready imply for it?

All I'll have it hooked up to is a generic DVD-Player, regular cable and either a Wii or 360, or both. Would this be ideal for me or could someone reccomend some other TV on this Friday?

Thanks in advance, I only know a little about LCD and plasma TV's.

Edit: What about the Olevia 37" Newegg has for 699 too? Good deal?

just grabbed the samsung 19" widescreen from bestbuy for $150 shipped. Tried to get the westy 22" but it was gone by the time I realized they were offering the deals on their site this morning.

just a question, cuz i wanted to get a monitor too, but its sold out online, it should still be in the store right? cuz it says 10 mininum. how does this work?

(at best buy)

JAW said:
just grabbed the samsung 19" widescreen from bestbuy for $150 shipped. Tried to get the westy 22" but it was gone by the time I realized they were offering the deals on their site this morning.
Thank you alot my man, Been planning on camping out waiting to get that monitor. $15 shipping is worth not fighting the crowds. :) It is showing the westy 22 as in stock for me now and let me add it to my cart.

bvillefan said:
It has been "sold out" for days now on line, but they are in the store in Brighton MI

I just ordered one in zip code 48162 (Monroe,MI) and there showing up in stock online for me.

zainali said:
circuit city stuff is online also.

too bad the 225bw $250 isnt online..eventhough they claim all samsung monitors on sale...web only..T-DAY special..and the rebates are valid today and tomorrow but you can only buy in store, so they should have just made rebates valid for tomorrow (friday) BLAH what a waste!

is best buy really selling a 19" samsung LCD that also doubles as a HDTV monitor for only $130?!?

Worminater said:
stolen from...

""""""""

""""
Yep, that was my post. I decided on a 2007WFP, but then upgraded to a 2407WFP, which costs quite a bit more, but has HDCP, 1:1 pixel mapping, and does 1920x1200 plus another 2" of screen, 4 USB ports, and a 9-in-1 flash card reader (which I'll likely never use).

If you don't play any video at all, the Westy might not be a bad buy. However, if you want a long-term purchase and even think you might play HD-DVD or Blu-Ray someday, or are concerned about possible HDCP content flags placed on newer forms of media (especially if a Windows Vista upgrade is in your future), you'll want an HDCP-compliant display.

Of course, the Samsung 225BW is on sale a number of places too, and does have HDCP. However, some of them have had severe backlight bleed, so I'd make sure that there's no issues exchanging for a new one before you open it.

Went past the local Best Buy and about a dozen of hardy souls have chairs out and are sitting in their cards. Temps predicted for tonight are 24 and clear but the fog is rolling in now so going to be very very nippy.

Im just going to go over around 6am-7am, no need to beat the crowd. What I want prolly won't be sold out anyways.

Will that 22" widescreen be at every best buy? I looked at my add i didnt see it but will it be there? Thanks!

I have a question about the Westys that BBY has onsale for BF.

They have the 32" LCD for $479 and the 27" for $479. Does the 27" have the built in DVD player to justify the same price? I'd like to replace the 27" SDTV CRT that I have in my bedroom with a LCD that I can wall mount....but if I can get a 32" for the same price....then why not?

They have the 32" LCD for $479 and the 27" for $479. Does the 27" have the built in DVD player to justify the same price? I'd like to replace the 27" SDTV CRT that I have in my bedroom with a LCD that I can wall mount....but if I can get a 32" for the same price....then why not?

Because the 32" is a 5am-12 noon sale, the 27" is good for the whole weekend, or until they run out.

m3ta1head said:
Any deals on the Wii? I really want one.
the new consoles wont go down in price for a while
the wii is already a good deal @ $250 :)

Supposedly Fry's at a 7950GT for 200 bucks or so but I need confirmation on this before I drive 80 miles (there and back) to get it.

Stupid bloody americans and your stupid november thanksgiving and your stupid black friday. I hate you all.

so who wants to buy me something :)?

It was in one of the ads a few Sundays ago or maybe it was a mail flyer. Either way, you can probably google for a scan of it, I know I've seen one on SlickDeals. I'm fairly sure it's good until the end of the year.

d94 said:
the new consoles wont go down in price for a while
the wii is already a good deal @ $250 :)

By deals, I meant, is it in stock anywhere? That's a deal to me :D

SquallTiofae said:
Circuit City has a coupon for $40 off any purchase of $200 or more, use that for the Wii.

anyone know anything more about this?

m3ta1head said:
By deals, I meant, is it in stock anywhere? That's a deal to me :D

Heard from another about the ps3's. They are supposedly getting in a few for bf, might be the same for the wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back