Blazin Hot! BFG GeForce 7800 GTX $491 at Dell

for you guys that got your order shipped, what time did you get your confirmation email? (Include timezone too please)

halcyon said:
Teejay your order says shipped from dells site? do you have a tracking number?

Aye. Dell's site says, "Shipped", but they did not send me an email or a tracking number.

NewEgg, on the other hand, sent me an email last night with my tracking number for the mobo and PSU.

Edit: I ordered both on 7/7/2005 around noon, Mountain time.

I saw a good deal.
Dell, why must you tempt me so?
I can't afford this...

You took my money!
And all that you gave back was
a simple video card.

My girlfriend is mad,
And I'm wondering if it
is my fault or yours.

I will blame you, Dell.

gsboriqua said:
its 535 shipped from ewiz and its in stock. **MSI**
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MSI-P780GT

Same price as dell if your getting charged tax, not to mention you will probably get it much sooner if its back ordered at dell already.

Yeah I saw this as well and don't understand the hoopla. The Dell deal is $530 for me after tax with shipping in two weeks and we have GTXs shipping now for $535. So shouldn't we expect even lower prices by the time Dell ships?

trinibwoy said:
Yeah I saw this as well and don't understand the hoopla. The Dell deal is $530 for me after tax with shipping in two weeks and we have GTXs shipping now for $535. So shouldn't we expect even lower prices by the time Dell ships?

MSI vs. BFG.
Some people can get the Dell deal for $491, not $540-ish.
Cheese.

Mine shipped too. So I wouldn't bring up old ATi issues any more.

No Tax in CT... 491.... HAWT!

Hmmm what decides whether you pay tax or not? It charges tax for NY - anybody know if NJ is tax free?

trinibwoy said:
Hmmm what decides whether you pay tax or not? It charges tax for NY - anybody know if NJ is tax free?

Dell home charges tax in California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.

James54321 said:
Just keep in mind that these places CAN charge you restocking fees. Newegg.com, for the most part, has not, but seriously, this is because they put the customer first. Enough people start refusing shipments and they’ll start enforcing the restocking fees. I can’t speak for Tiger Direct, but just keep in mind that they can indeed charge the restocking fee on any returned merchandise: opened or not. Unless of course you have a case like Buy.com, where you tried to cancel before it shipped and they ignored your e-mail until AFTER it went out.

I also agree with canislupy... though tempting, I’d eat the $66 and just do the right thing. That said... I really want to go home so I can order this stupid thing. :D

- James

I verbally made contact with TigerDirect and they said they will NOT charge me a restocking fee. But canislupy brings up a good point about missing out on all the fun during that 2-3 weeks. I even posted on Anandtech about this and 70+% said to save the money and wait. DAMN IT....can't decide.

gsboriqua said:
its 535 shipped from ewiz and its in stock. **MSI**
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MSI-P780GT

Same price as dell if your getting charged tax, not to mention you will probably get it much sooner if its back ordered at dell already.

First of all, the MSI card does not come overclocked stock from the factory. Second, MSI does not offer lifetime warranty on all of their products.

I've always concluded that if I were to buy ANY Nvidia card, it will always be BFG. Their offerings can't be beat AND I'll pay extra money to have piece of mind for their warranty.

Weird I ordered 3 at 10:30am (mountain) on the 7th and none of the orders say sent to warehouse nor shipped or anything... sigh...

Zclyh3 said:
First of all, the MSI card does not come overclocked stock from the factory. Second, MSI does not offer lifetime warranty on all of their products.

I've always concluded that if I were to buy ANY Nvidia card, it will always be BFG. Their offerings can't be beat AND I'll pay extra money to have piece of mind for their warranty.

First of all, it was just a suggestion for those who may order now and the card ends up on back order. The OP posted a great deal from dell. This was just an alternative for those in locations where they charge tax (Me included). Also if you wanted to buy two it would be cheaper to buy Ewiz's set of MSI boards (again for Tax people). Its just an alternative, i'm not trying to turn BFG fan boys into MSI fan boys.....get a grip :rolleyes:

I ordered 2 of them from Dell and live in a tax state (NC where it is 7%) and it is still almost $50 cheaper to wait the 2 weeks for the pair with a lifetime warranty than to get it with a 1 year warranty from Ewiz. I know $50 isn't that big of a deal when I just spent a grand on video cards but hey that $50 just got me another 1GB SD card for my new phone and I am not missing out on much during the 2 weeks since I already have dual 6800 Ultras

The Dell page says that the card is a GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB GDDR3 PCIe Graphics Card but the image shows a GeForce 7800 GTX "OC" 256 MB GDDR3 PCIe Graphics Card. Anybody received theirs yet?

Both of mine that I ordered from Dell show up as the BFG card (the SKUs match) and BFG seems to call their card an "OC" (for overclocked)

BFG linkage

Dell linkage

I just got off the phone with Dell from ordering mine. I got it for $379.93 + tax :D. I found a 20% off coupon to use with the $65 off coupon. I would of rather ordered online so i could get the extra 2% DPA and 3% Fatcash but the 20% off coupon wasn't working online so i called and she did it all manually for me hehe.

Well....it's like this: I bought mine from a trader at Anandtech - full retail for unopened box two days before this deal. I've got my card, it blows away my 6800 Ultra...and runs cooler, which has helped my overclock. :eek:

For you guys getting the deal, more power to ya. :D

just ordered 2 of these babies :) hope they ship soon, now i have to buy a new cpu and sli mb...man the wife is gonna be pissed.

Tormond said:
Both of mine that I ordered from Dell show up as the BFG card (the SKUs match) and BFG seems to call their card an "OC" (for overclocked)

BFG linkage

Dell linkage

They call it overclocked b/c they the BFG version runs @ 1300MHZ, and the other manufacturers' cards run at 1200MHZ.

burningrave101 said:
I just got off the phone with Dell from ordering mine. I got it for $379.93 + tax :D. I found a 20% off coupon to use with the $65 off coupon. I would of rather ordered online so i could get the extra 2% DPA and 3% Fatcash but the 20% off coupon wasn't working online so i called and she did it all manually for me hehe.

Really...so where can the rest of us find an additional 20%? :)

Ordered mine on the 8th...right now Dell order status shows:

Date of Purchase: 7/8/2005
Estimated Ship Date: on or before 7/25/2005

burningrave101 said:

Yeah... What's the 20% off code?

TeeJayHoward said:
Yeah... What's the 20% off code?

They are part of a dell promo. The code came on the back of the dell catalog....well it wasn't just the 20% off, it was random savings. You could find one on ebay but they are sorta rare. Best to ask around for anyone not going to use it...

The 20% off coupons are one time use ONLY. They are not easy to find ither because i looked for one on several sites yesterday. The actual 20% off coupon that you can use online comes from the Dell hook-up flyer in the mail. There is also a new 20% off coupon on the July Dell Catalog issue on the last page but its for select items and i really dont think your suppost to be able to use it but i managed to get ahold of a really nice CSR who went to the trouble of getting it applied for me.

texuspete00 said:
Mine shipped too. So I wouldn't bring up old ATi issues any more.

No Tax in CT... 491.... HAWT!

when did u order yours?

I had received one of these flyers, so I just checked it out. The coupon code on mine was for $50 off printers, and though it mentions other savings of 20% off PC accessories... entering the code at check simply caused an error in the system.

I suppose I'll give them a call Monday, and see if they'll discount my order further. But it doesn't sound too promising. :(

gsboriqua said:
First of all, it was just a suggestion for those who may order now and the card ends up on back order. The OP posted a great deal from dell. This was just an alternative for those in locations where they charge tax (Me included). Also if you wanted to buy two it would be cheaper to buy Ewiz's set of MSI boards (again for Tax people). Its just an alternative, i'm not trying to turn BFG fan boys into MSI fan boys.....get a grip :rolleyes:

Sorry...I was just stating the facts about BFG and didn't mean to offend you. It's just that out of all the manufacturers out there, it would be obvious to go with BFG based on their offerings.

I read on Ocforums a person had theirs shipped, and they ordered on friday, anyone else getting shipped cards since I am dying to get my card.

Description: <> GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB GDDR3 PCIe Graph

Estimated Ship Date: 7/22/2005

fuck u micheal. That bitch doesn't even have good support, got disconnected twice.

i ordered mine thursday morning 10:15am mst and it still hasn't shipped... i swear dell is randomly picking orders to ship.. so lame.

Alexz0r said:
I can't get the coupon to apply. Any help?

thats odd because I just tried to apply the coupon and it worked just fine.

ozziegn said:
thats odd because I just tried to apply the coupon and it worked just fine.

I figured it out. I was looking above to see it deducted but it only shows it on the bottom.

ozziegn said:
^ glad you got it working.

now you can sit in line with the rest of us playing the waiting game. :(

One of you should try calling them up and saying that you urgently need it. Usually they will overnight it to you for free. Thats what they do alot of times when people wanted their moniters on other forums fast.

GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB GDDR3 PCIe Graphics Card Qty 1
Unit Price $617.95
Dell Home Customers: Save 10% off Notebook Accessories!
- $61.80
TOTAL:$556.15
Additional Discounts and Coupons
Dell Home Customers: Save 2% off when you use DPA! -$9.82
Dell Home Customers: -$65.00
Get free ground (3-5 day) shipping on peripheral items over $49!
Total Price

Sub-total $481.33
Shipping & Handling $7.00
Shipping & Handling Discount -$7.00
Tax $0.00
Total Price $481.33

-$14.44 for 3% FatCash

Total: $466.89

Back