Blazin Hot! BFG GeForce 7800 GTX $491 at Dell

smellyfatchick said:

I can't believe this date, and think its just dell overcompensating. It better ship out well before then. I never thought Dell would have a supply shortage of these cards?

Sc0ttFern said:
I can't believe this date, and think its just dell overcompensating. It better ship out well before then. I never thought Dell would have a supply shortage of these cards?

Well my order placed on the 11th with an estimate of the 26th has now been delayed to August 2nd. So in my case there was no such overcompensation. :mad:

Ordered on the 12th, estimated ship for the 27th, shipped on the 25th, expected arrival on the 1st according to DHL, 3-5 day shipping my ass -_- Sorry to those who ordered on the 11th and got delayed though :(

Larz said:
Ordered on the 12th, estimated ship for the 27th, shipped on the 25th, expected arrival on the 1st according to DHL, 3-5 day shipping my ass -_- Sorry to those who ordered on the 11th and got delayed though :(
Damn, I ordered the 12th and I haven't seen a change in my order status yet. :(

Larz said:

I wonder if the difference in the delays in shipping to different people are due to whether we're on the west or east coast. Maybe there is just a big difference in stock at the different drop ship locations?

ordered on 11th

shipped on 25

Shipped from pittsburgh, took 2 days.

Just got dropped off, all stripped down and cleaned already, ready for my maze4!!

estimated date throughout was the 26th.

Well everyone, after the 800th refresh on the order status page, it has finally shipped. I'm gonna call cnn and let them know the good news that my video card has finally shipped. heh. This will be upgrading a Geforce 4 ti4200. Goddamn that sure was an annoying wait. Hopefully all you other July 11th people will get yours shipped too, oh wait I think I was the last goddamn July 11th to get his video card. :rolleyes: (or at least one of them)

Great to hear you guys gettin' the goods. The amount of patience necessary for this deal was just not in me. :p

Thats insane? Did you order small biz? did you call and bitch? Go back a page or two some ordered after you have been shipped :confused:

debello_64 said:
Same for me after the moved my expected ship date around a couple times

Yeah mine got moved back too. Not that I care that much though as long as i get it. I'm still waiting for places to get the 4400+ CPUs in at a somewhat decent price before I order all my parts and start building. So I can afford to wait another week or so. Hopefully everything will fall into place, that or it will fall apart.

doh, I missed out on this. was googling for newegg deals and came across this. clicked on the link to dell in excitement and noticed it said $600 again. it's down to $559 on newegg though, but still, that's $70 higher :/ anyone know of any other deals similar to this out right now or may be availible soon?

Zero said:
doh, I missed out on this. was googling for newegg deals and came across this. clicked on the link to dell in excitement and noticed it said $600 again. it's down to $559 on newegg though, but still, that's $70 higher :/ anyone know of any other deals similar to this out right now or may be availible soon?

maybe this

or this

any one paying newegg price for this bumped there head

Alright something is up. I got an e-mail yesterday from Dell which was a shipping notification for an item shipped yesterday. I checked the order status and its currently in transit to the carrier. It says 3-5 day shipping. What the heck are they sending me now? Another BFG 7800GTX?

burningrave101 said:
Alright something is up. I got an e-mail yesterday from Dell which was a shipping notification for an item shipped yesterday. I checked the order status and its currently in transit to the carrier. It says 3-5 day shipping. What the heck are they sending me now? Another BFG 7800GTX?

If you truely get an extra card, I'm possibly interested in buying it depending on the price. PM me if anything happens.

SignalSoldier said:
Thats insane? Did you order small biz? did you call and bitch? Go back a page or two some ordered after you have been shipped :confused:

Not yet but I'm thinking to. I ordered from Dell Home. I didn't get any email saying they pushed back the ship date or anything so maybe they could've shipped it already without notifying me. I'll just wait a bit and see what happens.

Explain this one, I got an email on 26th saying that it would not ship until the 2nd, yet I see this on order status:

This information is current as of Thursday, July 28, 2005.
Pending Items
Your item(s) is being processed and should ship by the estimated ship date.
SKU: <> A0500041 Quantity: 1
Description: <> GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB GDDR3 PCIe Graph
Estimated Ship Date: 7/26/2005

I checked on the order details page to see what the item was that Dell shipped on the 26th and in the description it says "$35 concession coupon". The lady gave me one the other night on the Dell chat and i guess she decided to ship it out to me or something lol. I dont know what is up with that.

Quick update - ordered 2 after 4pm on the 11th, received the 'order delayed email' earlier this week that they wouldnt ship until 8/02, just checked my order status this morning and both cards are showing 'Shipped'. No email yet though with tracking number(s). So, if you got the 'Ordered Delayed' email a few days ago w/ the 8/02 shipping date, check your status as they may have shipped (as I see others are seeing the same).

*crosses fingers* and hopes DHL doesn't lose 'em....

- Kusanagi

Kusanagi said:
Quick update - ordered 2 after 4pm on the 11th, received the 'order delayed email' earlier this week that they wouldnt ship until 8/02, just checked my order status this morning and both cards are showing 'Shipped'. No email yet though with tracking number(s). So, if you got the 'Ordered Delayed' email a few days ago w/ the 8/02 shipping date, check your status as they may have shipped (as I see others are seeing the same).

*crosses fingers* and hopes DHL doesn't lose 'em....

- Kusanagi
I asked Dell about shipping with any other carrier than DHL and they basically told me to screw off. *sigh*

I think Dell is punishing me for asking for a different shipping carrier.

1. Ordered 7-12
2. Initially told shipping 7-27
3. Got a notice saying it was backordered and will now ship on 8-3
4. Wrote to Dell asking if they could ship via ANYONE but DHL
5. They write back and tell me to screw off
6. Now my estimated shipping 8/15

WTF

This is messed up.

Ordered on 7/26/05 with the new small business deal.
Was thinking of cancelling it and getting on the zipzoomfly deal.
Get home today after work, my 7800GTX arrived from Dell! OMG!

2 day from order to receiving!

Only thing I'm pissed about is DHL.. They freaking left it in front of my door! in 90 degree weather.... GAH!

thp said:
This is messed up.

Ordered on 7/26/05 with the new small business deal.
Was thinking of cancelling it and getting on the zipzoomfly deal.
Get home today after work, my 7800GTX arrived from Dell! OMG!

2 day from order to receiving!

what?!!! That's awesome. I sure hope my delivery only takes two days. Doubt it though since it's coming from texas and I'm in NYC.

thp said:
Only thing I'm pissed about is DHL.. They freaking left it in front of my door! in 90 degree weather.... GAH!

Ha, yea they did that to me too when I ordered my Dell 2405fpw LCD. Wasn't too happy to see it on my porch when I came home from work, which meant it sat in the heat and humidity for a copule of hours. Just wish Dell/DHL were a little more accurate (or provided) when the ETA is, as I would have had my neighbor pick it up and at least bring it inside where a.) it would have been nice and cool and b.) not sitting right there near my door, with it's big Dell logo on the box, so easy for anyone to steal... Luckily, the monitor was perfect with no dead pixels (that I have noticed at least).

- Kusanagi

Hehe true that on the tarcking info. When my 7800s came in they still said they were in Waco TX for 3 days after they delivered them according to DHLs "tracking" system

theacoustician said:
I asked Dell about shipping with any other carrier than DHL and they basically told me to screw off. *sigh*

I went on Dell chat and i said i DO NOT want any more of my orders shipped via DHL because DHL doesn't really service my area and i complained about the poor service i got with my 7800GTX shipment and the rep made a note on on my customer number that says to use a different carrier than DHL when i place orders. I dont know if it will always work or not but i'm sure it will help.

i960 said:
I ordered mine on the 8th, recieved on the 20th. The box was left at my doorstep with a nice size dent on one side, and a hole, yes I said HOLE, on another side. Luckily BFG's box was not damaged. DHL always seems to screw something up. Last time I had something shipped by them it was listed as out for delivery for 4 days before it finally showed up. I'm pretty sure I know why Dell is using them. It's all about money. I did a website for a guy, and got to see the price charts that UPS and DHL quoted him. DHL was a good 30% cheaper than UPS in most cases.

DHL is cheaper because when the carrier plane that has all the shipments reaches its destination it doesn't actually land, it just flys low and someone kicks them out the back on to the ground and if your lucky the $5/hour schmuck on the ground will find it and deliver it to you in a week or two.

Sweet! Mine just arrived! Small Business came through. Never got the shipping notification(did get a delay notice though) but I kept checking the status and it was saying shipped. Just arrived 5 minutes ago, now I just need to get all the other parts and start building. The box sure is heavy though.

This is ridiculous.....I ordered on the 27th after 4pm and where in the hell do they get this Sept. 9th shipping date? This enrages me....it does not take 6 weeks to get one in. :mad: :mad:

Sc0ttFern said:
This is ridiculous.....I ordered on the 27th after 4pm and where in the hell do they get this Sept. 9th shipping date? This enrages me....it does not take 6 weeks to get one in. :mad: :mad:

It does when they are selling them by the thousands.

How expensive is the Dell deal now?

I see $473. Is that what other people are getting them for with tax and shipping?

I wouldn't take it over the Monarch eVGA $500 + $7.70 shipping deal unless it was at LEAST $50-$100 cheaper. The clock difference and warranty doesn't matter to me as I would be overclocking it higher than BFG anyway. And if you're lucky the "7800 Ultra" might come out within 90 days and you can step-up.

Back