Calling Logitechfreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I did... hes being upfront about the whole ordeal, I have a feeling that its either some stole his account or there really truly is a mail screwup, give him a couple to work this out.

Honestly, someone hijacked his account AND issues refunds? We are closing in on 8 traders that have sent him money for high items and he has no proof that he has ever shipped.

This will be my last comment on this issue since I finally did get a refund. Why won't he just come post here so that we all can hear his side of this story?

I posted the first negative eval for this guy on Heatware back in August but the deal happened in June. I gave him every chance to make it right. My deal with him had the same MO as what is posted here. He backed out of the original deal after I had shipped the items. Said he would ship them back. Said he did ship them back. Has no way of proving it. Then he disappeared.
He finally contacts me again on 10/9 saying he wants to make it right and send me the money he owes me. All I've gotten since is excuses why he hasn't sent the money.
I did a search of his recent posts and I found he had for sale some of the items I shipped to him. Man, this guy's got balls. Looks like his house of cards is crumbling.

I agree Lou but there somthing fishie going on here and it mite not be him is all im saying.. as far as refunds.. he mite be refunding people at all paypal mite just taking it from him. He mite not have a choice since you escalated your claim.

Marc

??? why didnt you go after him right away??... we will find out if this is true.

I posted the first negative eval for this guy on Heatware back in August but the deal happened in June. I gave him every chance to make it right. My deal with him had the same MO as what is posted here. He backed out of the original deal after I had shipped the items. Said he would ship them back. Said he did ship them back. Has no way of proving it. Then he disappeared.
He finally contacts me again on 10/9 saying he wants to make it right and send me the money he owes me. All I've gotten since is excuses why he hasn't sent the money.
I did a search of his recent posts and I found he had for sale some of the items I shipped to him. Man, this guy's got balls. Looks like his house of cards is crumbling.

welll he DOES respond to my pms and did try to be helpful, I will give him that.

So lets just see how this turns out..... hopefully not as bad as i thought

I purchased a E6550 from him that he said will be shipped tomorrow since the post was closed today. I dont think the post was closed today.... but whatever.. that could have been overlooked by us both.

If he does not have me tracking tomorrow I will post again. Did anyone else purchase this same chip from him?

Chris come defend your self man.. he acutally told me he wasnt gunna send with his local PO anymore today he was debaiting on driving to the next town to send?? is this true' " I dont know". He'll be on to comment im sure.

I purchased a E6550 from him that he said will be shipped tomorrow since the post was closed today. I dont think the post was closed today.... but whatever.. that could have been overlooked by us both.

If he does not have me tracking tomorrow I will post again. Did anyone else purchase this same chip from him?

Unless your name is Sladesurfer . If your name is not Sladesurfer then i would say that yes he sold this chip to someone else.

Honestly, someone hijacked his account AND issues refunds? We are closing in on 8 traders that have sent him money for high items and he has no proof that he has ever shipped.

This will be my last comment on this issue since I finally did get a refund. Why won't he just come post here so that we all can hear his side of this story?

Biggest issue: Absolutely ZERO proof anything was shipped.

I can totally understand USPS f**king up or something, but that doesn't mean a package magically disappears into a black hole or something. LF was totally unwilling to try and help me track it down although I invested a good chunk of time in it; his responses were "I talked to my guy"; "it's in your area"; "I don't have anything besides this non-working DC #". No substantial evidence, I mean, what seller blatantly tells half a dozen "clients" "I lost the receipts"? And now all of a sudden he finds them and is going to go to the library to scan them?

In terms of our last post FTL, I still have issues with LF's trading practices. From what I recall, Daqurie from a few threads down was banned for poor shipping practices or something, so what happens here? I understand LF has issued refunds, but he has also issued no public comment and I value my time very much so. A refund does not repay me countless hours spent calling USPS and PMing this guy.

And to those who keep leaving him positive evals, especially when purchasing, just...........

EDIT: I type too slow. -___- Interesting developments, now debating whether or not to pursue this further.

Need some advice guys, should I be filing a dispute on paypal right now? I only notified him I want him the scan the receipt just today and he hasn't logged on yet, Also I used bank transfer for this transaction, is charge back possible?

I paid cash out of my paypal for the item... should I be filing right now too or should I actually wait and see if he ships it tomorrow? What should I do? Seems that alot of people he is scamming are new members that dont know what to do....

My post to him

"Hey you will be dropping the package off to USPS for delivery tuesday correct? You will be giving me tracking prior to leaving out of town or whatever correct? I am very worried about this last bad heat you got....

please give me ur home phone, addy and name. If not you can just refund me my money. I am worried at this point."

His reply

"yes i will be dropping it off at usps post office

Do not post personal information - Malcolm_Staudinger

Alright guys... file all of your Paypal disputes immediately... hope over to Anand HERE and get the police contact information as well..

I'd copyand pste it here for you but not sure if we're allowed to post personal info here

He's been selling things he doesn't own apparently and buying from others, myself included....

I've discussed this with Malcom (Vertigo Acid) already before I posted this here to basically ask for his advice about all of this

He just bought a PSU from me on Sunday ($65) and since the post office was closed today I wasn't going to ship till tuesday, but he wanted me to ship via Fedex today and not wait till tuesday... I didn't make it to Fedex today so I was going to ship it out tomorrow but then I saw this post and the one over HERE at Anand today...

I immediately sent his money back to him and told him I want no parts of his scamming of other people...

Two/Three weeks ago he bought ram, pc case and a cpu cooler from me... so it looks like he used the money he got from some of you for that...

I feel bad about this guys... if I would have known about any of this I would never have dealt with him originally, but there's no way I could have known then that he was scamming people then.... all of this just popped up today on here and Anand

but I'm trying to do my part to make it right and let you guys know what's going on here..

For those with pending transactions, I suggest you file a Dispute immediately. Keep your trigger finger ready for escalation to a Claim over the next couple days too if he falls out of contact.

He gave me and FTL refunds, so it's confusing what's going on here. Until he publicly states what's going on, assume the worst.

EDIT: I REALLY type too slow.... ^^^^ What he said...

man I am out $410 USD on this.. I hope I get my money back....

btw, can anyone tell me if anything can be done if I used bank transfer instead of credit card?

Man, this kid is catching flak all over the place and for good reason too. :mad:

What I don't understand is that if he's truly trying to scam ppl, why is he issuing refunds? In fact, I opened and closed a dispute BEFORE getting my refund. Guess I got lucky???

The stuff on Anand is pretty damning tho.

http://www.blazingpc.com/forum/showthread.php/sale_e6550_bn_oem_130-9019/index.html?t=9019

I'm under the same username over there, so don't count me as a noob.

I've been suspicious of this guy the entire time..he's pending the e6550 to another guy on BPC.

Ya, I just posted the info from this thread over there for a heads up to all over there..

BTW Hi KOPI!!!! :D:D:D

Anywho:

For those who LogitechFreak said he doesn't have a camera to..Check this post:
http://www.blazingpc.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103492&postcount=7

What he did to me isn't anywhere near as bad as what it looks like he might be doing to you guys, but it was quite annoying nonetheless.

A few weeks ago he contacted me about buying a couple of the items I have for sale. He didn't have the money right away so asked if I would hold the items for a few days. I figured since I'd be unloading two things to one person I'd be nice and hold them for him. He drug it on for a little while and kept asking to hold it for a couple more days while he got the money. He finally told me that he had money ready, but then didn't say anything for another day or so. I contacted him about payment and he told me that he ended up finding a better deal and that was that. Had I not contacted him again he might have never told me that he didn't want to buy from me.

It's not a scam of any sort, but I guess it might give a little (more) insight to what kind of a person and trader he is.

wow good thing i never bought anything from this guy he offered me some things that were very appealing good thing i didnt bite. good luck everyone hope u guys get this problem solved.

i sold to him too. I'm hoping there is a logical explaination for all of this. I'm feeling pretty guilty over here. Good luck guys. I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

i have a pending deal with him on anandtech. its going south. all these negatives and neutrals happened after 10/30. when i left him a heatware for what i bought from him. the deal between him and me didnt end yet.

Deal: traded my 2x512 ddr600 for his xp-120 + 2x512 dd400
his package arrived a week later and his excuse was that usps couldnt read the address correctly.

what happened: my memory gave him some errors. so we agreed to swap the memories and i would pay or his xp-120 and pay extra to ship back the bad memory to me

i sent his memory back and he got it in 2 days. its been 2 weeks and i havent received my memory back. his excuse is .. oh wait. somehow the mailman returned the package back to him and he is sending it tomorrow.

I HATED the n00b rule when Kyle made it, and I was a n00b. I now love it. It should be reinstated.

If my package doesn't get here tomorrow, I will calmy ask for a refund and if I dont have one by Wednesday morning, I'm going to file a report with Paypal. I have never done this before though. How do you go about doing it, and how difficult is it?

Man this is really $hitty :(

I sealed a deal with Logitechfreak a few days ago on an X2 3800+

Then today I come across this thread and another one at Anandtech.

He told me it's shipped and I should expect it in a few days but in
light of recent events, I don't know.

All I can do is wait and follow this thread :(

If my package doesn't get here tomorrow, I will calmy ask for a refund and if I dont have one by Wednesday morning, I'm going to file a report with Paypal. I have never done this before though. How do you go about doing it, and how difficult is it?

Make sure to contact the proper authorities as listed in the Anandtech thread.

??? why didnt you go after him right away??... we will find out if this is true.

Well, I guess I was following the guidance given in the forum rules and not jump to a hasty conclusion. I posted my eval on him a month after he disappeared. I thought my eval was pretty clear that no one should do business with this guy. I also contacted the police dept where he lived and they said I had to file a report with my local police. I did so and the Deputy DA here said they would not pursue the case. They did not give a reason why but I suspect it was because of the low dollar amount involved ($100). I also filed a report at the IFFC website. I did not hear back from them. At that point I didn't want to waste anymore time on this BS.
Should I have done more and earlier? I'm all ears. Educate me.

Well, I guess I was following the guidance given in the forum rules and not jump to a hasty conclusion. I posted my eval on him a month after he disappeared. I thought my eval was pretty clear that no one should do business with this guy. I also contacted the police dept where he lived and they said I had to file a report with my local police. I did so and the Deputy DA here said they would not pursue the case. They did not give a reason why but I suspect it was because of the low dollar amount involved ($100). I also filed a report at the IFFC website. I did not hear back from them. At that point I didn't want to waste anymore time on this BS.
Should I have done more and earlier? I'm all ears. Educate me.

Doesn't sound like you did do anything wrong, that's for sure. In all reality, it really becomes a balance between how much time you're willing to spend pursuing this douche and what you lost. Unfortunately for most scammers, most people run out of patience and time before they do anything. It's not like we all have months and months to file all the paperwork and make all the phone calls before it just becomes a huge hassle. If it's a huge dollar amount, then maybe, but some of us have gotten refunds and it wasn't all that much for me to begin with I guess.

Yeah, I read your eval before trading, but I guess the "too good to be true"-ness of it caused me to just bite. *sigh*

I dunno if I want to "waste" my time with this guy but I might after midterms blow by.

Hello, I'm Moneyless from over at BlazingPC.com :)

As I have said on the other forum:

I don't understand why people try to scam, it's just a really mean and asshat thing to do, and most times they get caught anyways! :(

I hope you guys can get this sorted out quickly and get all of your money refunded, even if it doesn't cover the time spent trying to contact LF; best of luck.

Ok this shit is goin way to deep. im goin to paypal.. and Chris man that dirty bro... if I dont get some pr0of by tommorrow.. im phoning his police department myself.

Man this is really $hitty :(

I sealed a deal with Logitechfreak a few days ago on an X2 3800+

Then today I come across this thread and another one at Anandtech.

He told me it's shipped and I should expect it in a few days but in
light of recent events, I don't know.

All I can do is wait and follow this thread :(

I'm in the EXACT same position as you. I bought a 7600gt from him on Thursday night and got an email from paypal saying that he made a packing slip for it via USPS on Saturday even though he told me he would ship friday :rolleyes:

Ok Chris ( LogitechFreak ) called me back and said that he will be sending my stuff out tomorrow... he says his post office is bad or something.

He also stated that his internet is out and cant get online due to a storm hitting near him.

I told him about the threads and the fact that about 8-10 people are waiting on parts that seem to not be coming. I then warned him about the local PD and how they said to email and call them. He seems to have got very straight at that point and said he will 100% ship out my items and get on here to clear everything up. Call him if you really want your money or parts or atleast know the voice of the person trying to scam you.

Which seems pretty conicendence considering he sold a Q660 cpu ( he claims that he had 4 and sold 3, yet he has no For Sale threads here, on Anandtech or on BlazinPC that include a Q6600) to another trader (jordinho) here yesterday. I'm waiting to hear back from that trader to see when they sent him the money and I have a feeling that it will be pretty close to the time he offered me a refund.

This is actualy pretty funny to me , as I was going to sell my quad to jordinho then he tells me he got a better deal..I was already giving him what I thought was a great deal, so I was kinda surprised he found a better one.....Well he told me who it was, I was kinda scared for him, but its not my business to warn people based on my feelings....so I kept my mouth shut...
I hope he gets his CPU...

BTW, His last PM to me was at 7PM telling me he bought it from logitechfreak...cause "the deal was too good to pass up"

Ok Chris ( LogitechFreak ) called me back and said that he will be sending my stuff out tomorrow... he says his post office is bad or something.

He also stated that his internet is out and cant get online due to a storm hitting near him.

I told him about the threads and the fact that about 8-10 people are waiting on parts that seem to not be coming. I then warned him about the local PD and how they said to email and call them. He seems to have got very straight at that point and said he will 100% ship out my items and get on here to clear everything up. Call him if you really want your money or parts or atleast know the voice of the person trying to scam you.

where does he live? let me check the weather channel :D

anybody else want to call him to straighten this out? =/

where does he live? let me check the weather channel :D

He lives in the Waynesville/Crocker area. Which is approx 2hrs (120mils) west on Highwayy 44 from Saint Louis.

Had he not refunded me I would have been using a vacation day to drive the 2hrs down there and file a police report. And remember folks, anything totaling above $500 is felony theft in Missouri and if you guys/gals don't get your items or money back make sure you contact the deputy listed on the Anand thread and file your complaint.

As well he is in the National Guard and it shouldn't be hard for the police to find him if they need to. I have family that has been stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood for over 15 years so if I need to can contact them and see what they can find out.

What he is telling you sounds like nothing but lies, lies and more lies! He has been outed as a known bad trader and has been banned from HardForums and Anandtech in the past. Why would you think he is going to ship your stuff or refund your money? The longer you wait to file and escalate a paypal claim means the longer he has access to that money in his paypal account.

And just in case anyone needs it here is his picture.

lee0ed590c679c862f5279csb2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back