Challenge: I can RAMP better than anyone here! (AKA: Look ma, no labs!)

Highest raw increase in PPD gets it, not dealing with percentages or anything. DDR2, but haven't decided which one yet- no use going through all the trouble if no one's gonna win it, after all. :p

SeetheSeer, lopoetve, and metallicafan:
Do you guys use the same name for Folding? I need to confirm your starting PPD, and I don't want to link the wrong stats.

fah%20proof.JPG

There's my proof. 0 output right now. 1WU in the last 50 days

BRINGING FARMS ONLINE!!!! Already got 15 cpu's going.

edit: And a PS3

Highest raw increase in PPD gets it, not dealing with percentages or anything. DDR2, but haven't decided which one yet- no use going through all the trouble if no one's gonna win it, after all. :p

SeetheSeer, lopoetve, and metallicafan:
Do you guys use the same name for Folding? I need to confirm your starting PPD, and I don't want to link the wrong stats.

Yes.

http://hardfolding.com/index.php?go=38&tm=33&id=7601

0 PPD!!!!

lopoetve, F@H use the http port, 80 or 8080 i think.

There's my proof. 0 output right now. 1WU in the last 50 days

BRINGING FARMS ONLINE!!!! Already got 15 cpu's going.

edit: And a PS3

15 of what? i hope its getting cold wherever you are. the PPD are going to cost you more than the RAM would be :D

15 of what? i hope its getting cold wherever you are. the PPD are going to cost you more than the RAM would be :D

yeah, but you know what? It'll be worth it, and it's a good cause. And yes: I'm in Colorado. It's cool :)

I listed it in the smack talk thread:

Well, so far, I'm bringing:
1 3.33 Celeron
1 AMD64 3400
1 AMD64 x2 3800
1 PS3
1 PIII-1000
1 PIII-900
1 AMD64 x2 4200
1 C2Q 2.4ghz
2 2xC2Q Xeon 3.00
1 2xC2D Xeon 2.33
1 2.4ghz Celeron
1 Core Duo 1.86

Nope. :p X1600-X1950 only.

All you guys with your useless 8800's... :D

BTW, what's the PS3's output?

ha, I have a 7950 ;)

And the PS3 supposedly does 950-1100 PPD on its own. Dunno though. It already turned in a WU: First of my farm. ^_^

yes i noticed, it was a small one though. maybe ps3 do a lot of small wus instead of bigger ones.

iu expect to see you on my threat list soon so i can more easilly click on your name.rather than trying to remember it :D

yes i noticed, it was a small one though. maybe ps3 do a lot of small wus instead of bigger ones.

iu expect to see you on my threat list soon so i can more easilly click on your name.rather than trying to remember it :D

it's currently chewing on a big one, buty since I use my PS3 for gaming and movies and stuff, it has downtime (F@H is either on or off on these)

Okay guys, entries are closed! Best of luck to all!

SeetheSeer, I'm assuming this is you. Correct me if not.

Come on, why are you guys so quiet all of a sudden? I haven't forgotten about this. All of my boxes will be coming online simultaneously in the next few days. :)

Quiet?

I have been busy building a new boxen.

Watch out!

Mix Man SC... watch your back!

it's only been a few days and my 0 ppd start is at 4.5k and rising. Can't wait to see this thing heat up over the next couple weeks :)

Mav - did you ever ping KingN to see if he can setup a gauntlet for us?

geeze, I feel out gunned,

fired up my 3 computers (yes, dual cores or dual processors)
should be getting some work units out soon.

yeah, I can't get any of the systems here to run it. Errors downloading work units, i think it's our firewall (yea, I have permission to use the boxen).

trying to figure a way to manually get work units on to them.

yeah, I can't get any of the systems here to run it. Errors downloading work units, i think it's our firewall (yea, I have permission to use the boxen).

trying to figure a way to manually get work units on to them.

I'm having major issues on two laptops with EUE's and connection issues with both the SMP clients and single core client... not to mention one of the quad cores busted a video card and isn't stable....

The lappy's make no sense, as they worked fine until about a day ago....

Looks like I'm gunning for 2nd place at this point...

One of my boxen is cursed, I think. :( My quad core is acting up, two of the cores are consistently underperforming (either pegged at 75%, or one SMP client just hangs. And the Radeon that ATI was supposed to RMA is still en route. :mad:

No EUE's yet, though- thank goodness, and knock on wood!

One of my boxen is cursed, I think. :( My quad core is acting up, two of the cores are consistently underperforming (either pegged at 75%, or one SMP client just hangs. And the Radeon that ATI was supposed to RMA is still en route. :mad:

No EUE's yet, though- thank goodness, and knock on wood!

And my other quad user said that it took a dump on him and BSODed and then ate the WU (qfix in progress)... at least i'm still on track to beat you....

And my other quad user said that it took a dump on him and BSODed and then ate the WU (qfix in progress)... at least i'm still on track to beat you....

Yeah. I have two 8 core boxes and a 4 core box, none of which can get a single WU to work.

Those would let me win. :(

So are we assuming there's a bad SMP client or WU circulating? :confused:

Could be - my main error on SMP right now is that I keep getting assigned to assignment server 0.0.0.0, and then it ironically does not find the server... this persists on both my home and work networks. Then when it does get a WU, it EUE's after 0-1%. I'd think its the SMP client, but the standard client (v5.04) is EUE'ing on the same laptop after 0-3%.

So are we assuming there's a bad SMP client or WU circulating? :confused:

Mine are different problem. I've tried the normal client as well, and it can't get a WU either.

Ah well.

I do know the SMp client has some problems though, as my Core Duo couldn't complete a WU with it. Standard client chugs away nicely though.

Could be - my main error on SMP right now is that I keep getting assigned to assignment server 0.0.0.0, and then it ironically does not find the server... this persists on both my home and work networks. Then when it does get a WU, it EUE's after 0-1%. I'd think its the SMP client, but the standard client (v5.04) is EUE'ing on the same laptop after 0-3%.

eue?

Could be - my main error on SMP right now is that I keep getting assigned to assignment server 0.0.0.0, ......

Someone else here explained what it means to get connected to assignment server 0.0.0.0 ---- I forgot what he said. Anyone remember?

Someone else here explained what it means to get connected to assignment server 0.0.0.0 ---- I forgot what he said. Anyone remember?

It means that no server is available right now. Usually caused by busy servers, server down or no wu available. Usually, after a short while, it will be fixed itself.

Right now, Stanford acknowledged a SMP WU server is very busy so this might happen.

all my boxes at home are humming along great. i couldnt get an assignment server on an smp box late last night, but it's fine now.

yea i had problems with the smp client, so i reverted back to multiple instances of the normal client, but from seeing the numbers everyone else is putting up i dont think its gonna matter what clients i run :D

yeah, I can't even get the Linux client to take a manually found work unit.

So yeah. No joy for me for the big guns.

Competition is winding down, about five more hours. Come on guys, home stretch!

let's see.. at home:
q6600 3.3ghz 2x Vmware smp
q6600 3ghz 2x Vmware smp
e6600 3ghz smp
a64x2 2.75ghz smp

at work:
dual 2.8ht xeon smp (barely made deadlines, but it's one of our servers, so i couldnt shut it down to turn off HT)
e4300 2.4ghz smp
3.0ht p4 standard
e6600 2.4ghz smp
e6600 2.4ghz smp
a64x2 2.8ghz smp

others:
3.0ht p4 standard
sempron 1.6ghz standard

It sure was fun getting back to folding again. i'll be keeping my home machines folding through the winter, and a few of the work machines so my rate may come down to about 6k to 8k ppd.

Back