Challenge: I can RAMP better than anyone here! (AKA: Look ma, no labs!)

Most impressive! I can only imagine how warm your computer room must be... :drool:
My quad, PD, and X2 keep my room around 80-90F, I'm still trying to get to 100F. :)

I PM'd you for shipping info, btw.

Only the two quads are in my office, and it's still too hot to sit in here without the window open (hovering between 60 to 70 degrees outside at night). probably a good 85-90 in here.

as a side benefit to this challenge, i now have all my machines tweaked nice and stable, even in the most adverse conditions

I'll get you next time. I'm gonna have to shut down a big portion of the farm again: The PS3 is a little nuts to run 24/7, and I've got laptops and stuff randomly stacked around.

Next time... Next time...

So will you be able to find some runner up ram? I'm did this ramp for a friend of mine who had all his boxen stolen (as well as some other lappys for friends he was working on), and he's yet to rebuild his gaming rig after the burglary. I thought this competition would be good to get his new rig off the ground.

:)

Eh, I'm happy with a ~500 ppd increase, I only added 1 smp client on my secondary laptop.

Wait till next spring ;):D:cool:

So will you be able to find some runner up ram? I'm did this ramp for a friend of mine who had all his boxen stolen (as well as some other lappys for friends he was working on), and he's yet to rebuild his gaming rig after the burglary. I thought this competition would be good to get his new rig off the ground.

:)
On one condition: next time someone says I didn't do enough good deeds, you're pleading my case. :p

nice ojmalik. 2 of my SMP clients started acting up right when i didnt need it. but i would have only been up to 4-5 k :(

anyways well done!

So why don't you guys just do this with the BOINC software? That way you could have competitions in research for a much wider variety than just that one. Sounds like the Folding@home project is very similar to the Rosetta or World Community projects in BOINC.

I checked out BOINC and it looks interesting, however IMO none of the projects really seem as worthwile to me.

I think this should be unsticked by now as seeing that the topic has been done with...

to OP - please ask a mod to unstick this for you, thank you.

Back