CODMW2 most pirated game of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
COD4 did NOT have the hype that MW2 did. The game SHOULD have and COULD HAVE sold far more than it did, if Activision didn't fuck up so badly.

What they did was a quick money grab port and pretty much everyone knows that.

MW1 had planty of hype, sure not like MW2. But I've bought every PC CoD title at launch, except the 1st. This is one of my favorite PC games of all time and I'll by MW3 if it continues the awesome basic old school shooter style that makes the game special.

So you've played the game on a decent system I take it? Please don't tell me you are playing on a console.

The chinese models even in enthusiast settings don't look too good. I'd take screen shots and put them side by side but I don't have crysis.

I've played the game on max PC settings and it doesn't look much different from COD4. The graphics did not really blow me away at all.

MW1 had planty of hype, sure not like MW2. But I've bought every PC CoD title at launch, except the 1st. This is one of my favorite PC games of all time and I'll by MW3 if it continues the awesome basic old school shooter style that makes the game special.

So you're a COD fanboy? That explains a lot.

Not everyone is willing to suckle whatever drips out of Infinity Ward's milkbags.

So you've played the game on a decent system I take it? Please don't tell me you are playing on a console.

The chinese models even in enthusiast settings don't look too good. I'd take screen shots and put them side by side but I don't have crysis.

1. There are no Chinese people in Crysis. N. Korea.
2. Crysis models with their shaders system look better. Minus that, the models themselves in MW2 look more accurate, but have lower graphic detail.
3. MW2 has way way more variety for models and it's not just the same North Korean face over and over.

There are plusses and minuses for both, but overall I would take Crysis graphics over MW2 without hesitating. Now if they could just add more variation in enemies in Crysis 2...

You could take a weak element of Crysis and say that MW2 looks better. In the case of the KOREAN models (not Chinese) sure, they are the greatest. But the ice scenes in Crysis vs MW2? No contest there. Crysis' ice environments are FAR better.

So you're a COD fanboy? That explains a lot.

Not everyone is willing to suckle whatever drips out of Infinity Ward's milkbags.

Well its the best selling game in HISTORY so I ain't alone. And 4 million pirated copies just means that 4 million people were willing to take hours to download the game.

So I really don't see your point. CoD is the best selling game franchise ever. Dis it all you want with trolling and misinformation. The truth is IW got rich and you look like a troll with a bone to pick.

Well its the best selling game in HISTORY so I ain't alone. And 4 million pirated copies just means that 4 million people were willing to take hours to download the game.

So I really don't see your point. CoD is the best selling game franchise ever. Dis it all you want with trolling and misinformation. The truth is IW got rich and you look like a troll with a bone to pick.

Devil's Advocate:

Yep, Britney Spears and American Idol are the best places for music too, since they have the highest following. Right? (hopefully you don't think so)

Not to throw fuel on the flames, but sales alone don't make a game good. IMO MW2 is a step down from MW1 in the ways that matter to me. I didn't buy it and I won't pirate it. They just lost my interest is all.

I'm running a 50" plasma at 1920x1080 with a 285.

I could take screenshots, but both developers have them posted on their respective steam pages. They should be showcasing their games to the best of their capabilities.

It should be obvious that I wasn't comparing CoD on a console to Crysis, but whatever. The stock Crysis models look better than MW2, the hidefinition packs look even better, and the CryEngine is capable of DX10. MW2 graphics may look good, but they were "dated" by definition before release. I don't perceive any noticeable difference between MW2 and CoD4/5 graphically.

Some of you need to learn a lesson about feeding trolls when they show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back