Conan O’Brien Now On Twitter

Sad with $33Mill?
So what should I feel like when I saw my account at -$200 last week?

I hate rich spoiled people.

I never cared that much for Conan but he's still 1,000,000 X better than Jimmy Fallon. Seriously, how the hell did anyone think Fallon was entertaining enough to have his own show?

Well that goes for a LOT of hosts out there in my opinion...I mean Oprah! You have to pay me a LOT of money to watch that. Ellen Degeneres...I mean really? The list goes on....

they all suck besides leno. Conan's usually a dick, Fallon's not funny, Kimmel has Unnecessary Censorship, which saves his show, and my girlfiend hates Letterman cause he cheated

Well tell you girlfriend that she may as well hate them all cause I really doubt any of them have not cheated at least once...that they have not been caught is different but please, with all the money in that world...you gotta be very naive to believe they haven't.

I never cared that much for Conan but he's still 1,000,000 X better than Jimmy Fallon. Seriously, how the hell did anyone think Fallon was entertaining enough to have his own show?

JIMMY FALLON is NOT funny.
Neither is Leno.
I prefer Letterman and Conan.

Well that goes for a LOT of hosts out there in my opinion...I mean Oprah! You have to pay me a LOT of money to watch that. Ellen Degeneres...I mean really? The list goes on....

Hey, Ellen's funny. I've not seen her talk shows, but she's awesome in other shows. :-P

Well tell you girlfriend that she may as well hate them all cause I really doubt any of them have not cheated at least once...that they have not been caught is different but please, with all the money in that world...you gotta be very naive to believe they haven't.

Stereotyping is bad, kay?

It's like saying poor people are criminals and welfare bums.

Sad with $33Mill?
So what should I feel like when I saw my account at -$200 last week?

I hate rich spoiled people.

money can't buy happyness. Some of the happiest and "fun" people to hang around are usually the poorest (in my experience at least)

don't hate people for what you don't have... it shows poor charactor

With all that money, time, and reasonably good following, he should do his own show and release it directly on the internet. Bypass the networks alltogether and keep the profits for himself. I'm of the understanding his crew also got severance, so they'd probably be up for it too. He could do whatever the hell he wanted without having network nannies hanging over his shoulders.

Just a thought.

Late Show is dead. Period. Nobody really watches late night television. Ratings have been dropping since then.

Who cares.

I'll never be able to look at Jay Leno again without remembering this whole incident. He should have just road off into the sunset and called it a career, or stayed in his time slot.

My job has prevented me from staying up late to watch Conan, but I did watch him a LOT during his first 10 years or so, and he was easily the best late night host on. Kinda sucks to know that his show is just gone all together. I hope he lands somewhere that's good for him.

I'll never be able to look at Jay Leno again without remembering this whole incident. He should have just road off into the sunset and called it a career, or stayed in his time slot.

My job has prevented me from staying up late to watch Conan, but I did watch him a LOT during his first 10 years or so, and he was easily the best late night host on. Kinda sucks to know that his show is just gone all together. I hope he lands somewhere that's good for him.

There's no reason to be mad a Leno... I can't blame him for taking the offer. If you want to blame someone/something, blame the dummies at NBC for mucking everything up.

I do agree with you though, Conan was always my favorite. I used to watch it all the time back when andy was still on

I don't think Conan is allowed back on the air until September or so, per his settlement with NBC. I'm sure he's working on having something when the time comes, but for now there's not much else he can do (assuming I've got this correct).

Leno isn't UNfunny to me, he's just nearly not as funny as Conan. That said, I never once watched Conan on the "new" show - watched for several years when he came on after Leno though. I just don't stay up late enough to watch either anymore :(

Leno was fun when he was a stand-up comedian, but even I am starting to forget when that was.

Leno's a guy who works for his own best and talks himself into great contracts, if you thought Conan should be happy with 33 mill, wait until you learn of the iron gauntlet Leno's holding NBC by the balls with.

I don't think people realize that Conan just spent virtually every SINGLE day of the last 20+ years of his life working, pushing, and in most cases BREAKING the mold for American Television.. much the way David Letterman did when he was with NBC...

You look me in the eye when that all suddenly stops and you face the very REAL aspect of having nothing to do with your day... every day... for the foreseeable future. Talk about a gut-shot.. HOLY SHIT

Conan should go around to college campuses and give motivational speeches he is too good for television

conan is awesome, leno is an asshole and NBC is retarded. this was all leno's doing. he signed a contract and then later backed out of it and totally screwed over hundreds of people because of it. and NBC is beyond stupid for doing all this just to squeeze what, another 10 years out of leno? then what? fallon? seriously? conan was there for the next 30 years, no doubt. fox is going to show how big of a mistake they made too, once conan is granted free speech (will be first time ever) on his own show, look out.

this was all leno's doing.

Leno was forced out because the NBC execs wanted the spot for Conan (this happened 5 years ago) all while he (Leno) was number 1 in the ratings. Conan took over, his ratings sucked... they fired him and offered jay his job back.

blaming jay is silly. Let me ask you a question, if you were demoted from your job (lets say to the mail room) and they replaced you with someone else, and that person didn't perform as well as the boss had hoped, would you tell them no if they offered it back to you? Would you prefer working in the mailroom over your old job (that you were number one in the industry at?)

I don't think anyone would.

be angry with NBC if you're going to be angry at anyone.... Leno had nothing to do with it. Conan would of been shit canned regardless if jay took the job back or not. He was caught in the same crossfire that Conan was

Hell, Conan's fans are arguably more to blame for Conans lack of success than jay is. Should of watched and helped the guy out

It was all about the ratings.

They moved Conan into Leno's spot, and the ratings took a nose dive.

While some people liked Conan, not enough did, so he got the axe. You can't blame Leno if nobody watched Conan.

To tell you the truth, I never liked Conan to start with. Of the current late night hosts, I'm of the opinion that Craig Ferguson is better than all the rest combined.

Some of Conan's last shows were the best late night episodes I remember seeing... He's definitely gonna make NBC pay in the long run imo. Leno's fine, just a lil' vanilla, which is why he was always the perfect lead-in, but Fallon's terrible and I still don't understand how the heck Kimmel got his own show (dude has absolutely no charisma of any kind)...

I'm sure the money is well appreciated by O'Brien, but I can believe he'd be sad over the fact that he's not hosting the show anymore. It's something he loves that was practically ripped from him, so *shrugs*.

thats just not true. the ratings were an excuse, nobody in their right mind gives a guy a contract 6 years in advance then only allows them 7 months to make things work.

leno changed his mind, like a child he decided "i dont wanna quit this job" so he demanded NBC give him a show. they did, at 9pm, which was beyond stupid becuase it completely ruined the lead-in for the evening news. which in turn ruined conans ratings. its equally lenos fault as it is NBC's, but conan himself is innocent. all he did was be good enough to earn a spot on the show, and nbc indian-gave it back because they are a souless evil company. as is leno.

thats just not true. the ratings were an excuse, nobody in their right mind gives a guy a contract 6 years in advance then only allows them 7 months to make things work.

leno changed his mind, like a child he decided "i dont wanna quit this job" so he demanded NBC give him a show. they did, at 9pm, which was beyond stupid becuase it completely ruined the lead-in for the evening news. which in turn ruined conans ratings. its equally lenos fault as it is NBC's, but conan himself is innocent. all he did was be good enough to earn a spot on the show, and nbc indian-gave it back because they are a souless evil company. as is leno.

lol right dude :rolleyes:

You cannot put a new show on and expect it to replace something that was doing pretty well there immediately. Takes time to build the fan base and such. Ratings would have returned, but NBC wanted an instant increase and did not get it.

I never really liked Leno aside from his news clippings segment. The rest was zzzz. I enjoyed Most of Conan's show because he did not take it seriously, he knew when skits were terrible and pointed it out. Made it more fun. He always seemed to be enjoying himself when he was there which is probably why he's a little bummed out now.

I would be after working that long and hard to get my dream job then having it pulled away from me.

Stupid NBC.

Stereotyping.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Just saying.

Carson 4 life!

Well, since Carson is dead, I'm not sure there's much you can do. He was pretty funny on the Simpsons. Picking up a car and twirling it in the air...classic.

I don't think I laughed so hard at anything on late night TV as I did when I saw my first Pale Force on Conan (the Christmas one). I've always liked Conan. He's said the Tonight Show was his dream job, so it sucks for him that he got kicked off of it. When you already have millions, it sucks having to give up your dream job. I can see where the $33 million to go away isn't fulfilling.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Just saying.

I disagree. The only reason why it seems that adultery is widespread among the wealthy is because the media won't shut the hell up about it. When's the last time you hear them rant about adultery in the middle class and poverty level? Only politicians and the rich get the spotlight while everyone else gets ignored unless they do something drastic, like killing their spouse or mistress or something. I think he's naive to think that the rich has a monopoly on infidelity. Stereotyping is simply a focus by someone or some source while others are ignored. There's a lot of pot calling kettle black in stereotyping.

It was all about the ratings.

They moved Conan into Leno's spot, and the ratings took a nose dive.

While some people liked Conan, not enough did, so he got the axe. You can't blame Leno if nobody watched Conan.
You can partly blame Leno because no one was watching his new show either.

The problem was that Leno was playing it safe with stupid shit like headlines, jaywalking and his asinine 15 minute monologue, while Conan was "living on the edge" with things like PimpBot, Max Weinberg's weird sexual fetishes and the Masturbating Bear. How can someone like Conan, whose writers can write circles around Leno's, translate that to an audience that has been subjected to some of the blandest comedy ever for 17 years? Answer is: it's not possible.

Hopefully FOX will pick him up in September and let him get back to doing what he does best.

Conan rocks. Like to catch Leno's monologue now and then. To me Letterman has completely lost his edge...used to find him hilarious though.

I disagree. The only reason why it seems that adultery is widespread among the wealthy is because the media won't shut the hell up about it. When's the last time you hear them rant about adultery in the middle class and poverty level? Only politicians and the rich get the spotlight while everyone else gets ignored unless they do something drastic, like killing their spouse or mistress or something. I think he's naive to think that the rich has a monopoly on infidelity. Stereotyping is simply a focus by someone or some source while others are ignored. There's a lot of pot calling kettle black in stereotyping.

That was more of a general statement as opposed to one specifically addressing adultery among the wealthy. In your mind, stereotyping has a negative connotation, when in fact, it's just the way our brain processes data. It lumps similar situations, people, and events together.

Back