Convert MCP350 to MCP355, and vise versa?

LyL18

Limp Gawd
I have heard of undervolting the MCP355 by removing a soldering bridge. I was wondering if the opposite could be done by adding the soldering bridge to a MCP350?

DDC32v31SolderBridge.jpg

well i found this reply on Xtremesystems from Martin (of martinsliquidlab.com)

I was just getting started on my MCP350 pump top testing, it's something I've been putting off for far too long. I'm sure it's enough power for alot of systems and at least on the new ones, I would just solder the connections and then you'll have a 355 if that's what you wanted.

so according to him, this is possible. has anyone done this?

I think you need a certain version of the pumps for that to work. I don't think it works with the current ones.

Yes, you will need a certain version for this mode to work.

However, there is another way to increase the older MCP350's to the flow of a MCP355 or better.

That mod is simple. You'll need a spare pump cover, drill out the top center and epoxy a 1/2" fitting into it. This is the Lee "RoboTech" Garbutt mod first done at SystemCooling in 2003.

The only thing your cooling loop then would need is a 1/2" tubing line from the reservoir to the new pump fitting inlet. The mod is very simple to do too.

I have a few extra MCP350/355 pump covers available for doing this mod if anyone is interested. Just drop a PM. Upgrading the pump this way is far better than spending the money on a larger MCP655 if you want to keep 3/8" tubing for the most part and space in your case.

If anyone wants a MCP350 and the ability to mod one, I have those too over at this link. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1302521

modddcbn3.jpg

ddc14wt6.jpg

ddc15ud7.jpg

These pumps are so adaptable for mod'ing and this thread is just a beginning of what is possible.

I am getting one of these pumps soon and some kind of top. I have a laser engraver /cutting machine adn I will use the extra original top and laser cut the hole and try this.

Thanks ghost2501 for the deal. :)

Post some pics up of the engraver mod. It would be cool to see.

Back