cornelious is finally getting h2O!!!!!

vapb400 said:
grrr i dont wanna have to mount it like this
http://www.systemcooling.com/images/reviews/LiquidCooling/cs_pump/image11big.jpg
if i used dual CSP's, but i need a quiet pump! oh the dilemma !!!! :)

You wouldn't have to.....that's mounting them in parrallel and takes up more room....and doesnt show as much gain.

Mount them facing each other, and have it run from one outlet to the other inlet, and from the inlet on teh second pump to the first block in the loop.......its actually really easy to do with these things cus you can dismantle them and rotate them around to get the pumps to line up just fine.

cornelious0_0 said:
You wouldn't have to.....that's mounting them in parrallel and takes up more room....and doesnt show as much gain.

Mount them facing each other, and have it run from one outlet to the other inlet, and from the inlet on teh second pump to the first block in the loop.......its actually really easy to do with these things cus you can dismantle them and rotate them around to get the pumps to line up just fine.
like this?
http://www.systemcooling.com/images/reviews/LiquidCooling/cs_pump/image14big.jpg

or is there an even neater way than that

Damn, I wish you diddn't live in the Eh-Town Corn :D Move to the US, we're not so bad.... ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Haha, you're more then welcome too....I've already done a few cases for ppl I've met at local LANs cus they were so impressed with my case. ;)

Maybe I need to start charging for it and do it as a service.

Hehe, if it didnt involve shipping an entire computer to me I'd offer people the chance to pay to ship it to me and have the cables all done up very nicely......and then have it shipped back....although I doubt that'd ever catch on. :p
Heh... you have fun hiding your cables. I, on the other hand have mine going all over the place. They're loomed, though so it looks pretty cool. And I don't have too many, but still...

vapb400 said:

How about you rotate one 90 degrees so the inlet points to the right and the out let points straight up? So the water enters the first pump from above and exits the pump on the right as in the picture but then it goes straight into the second pump because it's on its back and then it is pumped out of that pump through its outlet which now points straight up. See what I mean? The water would move in a "U" shape. I don't know if the pump will work on its side because I'm a noob to watercooling but then the tube between the two could be one or two inches and you wouldn't have to curl the tubing around. Of course, if you wanted you could make the connection longer so the first pump is near the rad and the second is near your first block. Just a possible suggestion.

Has it ever occured to you that you can have pumps in different places in the loop? It doesn't really matter where you put them. Why do you want dual pumps, anyway?

hkhawk said:
How about you rotate one 90 degrees so the inlet points to the right and the out let points straight up? So the water enters the first pump from above and exits the pump on the right as in the picture but then it goes straight into the second pump because it's on its back and then it is pumped out of that pump through its outlet which now points straight up. See what I mean? The water would move in a "U" shape. I don't know if the pump will work on its side because I'm a noob to watercooling but then the tube between the two could be one or two inches and you wouldn't have to curl the tubing around. Of course, if you wanted you could make the connection longer so the first pump is near the rad and the second is near your first block. Just a possible suggestion.

That's actually EXACTLY where I would be putting the second pump if I got one.......right across from mine, up against the hdd cage.

Has it ever occured to you that you can have pumps in different places in the loop? It doesn't really matter where you put them. Why do you want dual pumps, anyway?

It's quite simple really.....these pumps are great, but not AS nice in larger loops as some bigger pond pumps that you can get. However, because the CSP-750 is a LOT cheaper then something like the Eheim 1250, you can get two CSP's for the price of one Eheim. Adding the second pump not only gives a nice little boost to flow rate.....but it literally doubles the head length....which is important in larger loops. A pump that can "do" 300PGH but has a very short head length isnt going to be able to maintain that kind of flow with more tubing in the loop.....thus, a longer head length allows you to use larger rads, and more blocks/tubing.....which is what most people are looking for.

one could say that you could also just use two Eheim pumps....but I'm talking about economics and asthetics. The Eheim "solution" would be much more expensive then the CSP.....and would be a bigger hassle to wire up and power....whereas the CSP only uses about 4 or 5 Watts of power and is plugged into a fan header on your mobo. Best of all, the C-Systems pump is THE quietest thing out there as far as I'm concerned. I have never come across a pump of this quality that I can place laying on the bare metal of my case and hear NO noise and NO vibrations from it at all. Even with my ear 1" away from teh pump I can barely hear the impellar going and I couldn't ask for more.

I'm almost through "pimping" this pump for now.....but to make a long story shot.....yes, there ARE advantages to running two pumps in a system.....the only reason it isn't done that often is because most people never HAVE to if they end up using larger pond pumps.....but this CSP is a LOT more convenient, quieter, and cheaper then most anything else, so I can "stand" using two of them. ;)

actually the iwaki md20rz line of pumps is the cadillac of water pumps,period.but in canada with taxes and shipping you would be looking at near$300.with the restrictive block you are running,the more psi the better.i have thought of running 2x eheim 1250`s in series.
it would yield approx5.2 psi,and 146" watercolumn.as for noise i dont concern myself with noise.120mm fans just move air, no whine

rj2 said:
actually the iwaki md20rz line of pumps is the cadillac of water pumps,period.but in canada with taxes and shipping you would be looking at near$300.with the restrictive block you are running,the more psi the better.i have thought of running 2x eheim 1250`s in series.
it would yield approx5.2 psi,and 146" watercolumn.as for noise i dont concern myself with noise.120mm fans just move air, no whine

Yeah, it is true that two Eheim 1250's in series would be pretty nice....the PSI would be above that of the dual CSP's......but they'd still have the same head length.

I dunno, I'm perfectly happy with my 2 inch square 12v pump.....its running my dual DD block loop with a DTek Pro heatercore and about 4-5 feet of tubing just fine.......and still has room to go. :)

how about two 1060's? That's 600GPH on each :D Aw, hell - one 1060 is as good as two 1250's

iddqd said:
how about two 1060's? That's 600GPH on each :D Aw, hell - one 1060 is as good as two 1250's

That'd be a nother decent way to try it.....I jsut never considered doing a dually setup with somethign like that becaose of the shear size of the Eheim pumps.....whereas this little CSP fits between my soundcard and the side of my case, and is extremely easy to manage. :D

Oh well. I'm happy with 1250's. One would fit in the drive cage, under the drives :). Now all I need is to get one...

Back