cornelious is finally getting h2O!!!!!

flat4 said:
pics????????

Sorry for the lack up updates guys, got my OCZ 520W installed about a week ago, and my 3.4E will be here early next week...so I've got lots to "do" in the next little while.

The goods news is that I get paid in less then two weeks and I'll finally be getting the last couple remaining case cuts done and getting the case painted. :D I hadn't planned on getting any pics taken until the case was painted anyways.....but now that things are finally starting to come to a close I'm getting pretty excited.

I know you guys mostly just want to see the watercooling setup itself and most of you really don't care a great deal about the case, but I don't own my own camera, and I figured that if I'm gonna have to bother to borrow one from a friend, I might as well wait until I won't need it again.

I'll have updates in the next while as the cutting/painting starts to happen, and I might still decide to start up a seperate thread in the overclocking and cooling or Intel forum about my results with the 3.4E on the h2O....as it'll be running at about 4.2GHz for sure. :cool:

Cornelious, just wanted to double check with you since you're familiar with all the CSP pump stuff...I have several items my water cooling system to cool and wanted to confirm whether I shold go series or parallel. My understanding it that parallel both pumps are next to eachother with a Y-divider on both intake and outflow and Series is that the other pump is somewhere else in the loop helping the flow along.....so series or parrallel? =)

DaMaDo said:
Cornelious, just wanted to double check with you since you're familiar with all the CSP pump stuff...I have several items my water cooling system to cool and wanted to confirm whether I shold go series or parallel. My understanding it that parallel both pumps are next to eachother with a Y-divider on both intake and outflow and Series is that the other pump is somewhere else in the loop helping the flow along.....so series or parrallel? =)

Go with series for sure. With parallel you gain a BIT more GPH then you do with series, but parallel doesnt really increase your max head length, which can be MUCH more important.....as 300GPH means nothing if the pump has a low head length rating, as its flowrate will soon diminish. Putting two CSP750's in series not only gives you a healthy boost on the GPH by about 10 or 15 or so, but it literally doubles your max head length, to about 146 inches.....which is roughly twice as long as even the mighty Eheim 1250 can muster. :D

I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm going with two pumps, depends on cash this month.....but I gtg, my 3.4E is being delivered in teh next 2 hours or so and I wanna be upstairs waiting for it. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
Go with series for sure. With parallel you gain a BIT more GPH then you do with series, but parallel doesnt really increase your max head length, which can be MUCH more important.....as 300GPH means nothing if the pump has a low head length rating, as its flowrate will soon diminish. Putting two CSP750's in series not only gives you a healthy boost on the GPH by about 10 or 15 or so, but it literally doubles your max head length, to about 146 inches.....which is roughly twice as long as even the mighty Eheim 1250 can muster. :D

I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'm going with two pumps, depends on cash this month.....but I gtg, my 3.4E is being delivered in teh next 2 hours or so and I wanna be upstairs waiting for it. :D

Did I miss something? The whole rest of the thread you've been talking about a 3.2E... now it's a 3.4? Did you find another processor to try?
One cool thing about the newer 3.4 E's is the variable multiplier, although 14 and 17 arn't the best.

cornelious, where did you manage to get those CSP750 pumps? I can't seem to find any online retailers...

Jonsey.....yeah, I ended up picking up HeavyH2O's 3.4E that does 4.25GHz no problem.....but during the re-installation of everything I got some major air buildup in my loop, and I'm currently working to rectify that before I do a lot of benching.

Alienraptor.....I live in canada, go to www.bigfootcomputers.com and you'll see that they still have (and have always had) PLENTY of stock of the CSP-750.

Alienraptor said:
Would it be a hassle to get something shipped from bigfoot to the States?

Shouldn't be, I'm pretty sure at least one or two people I've talked to around here have gone that route....because I too have yet to really see any stock of the pump in the states.

I've also go the pump sitting bare, on the bottom of the case, and there's no rattling or vibrations whatsoever.....I love this thing. :p

That's cool. Thanks for the info. Is your loop set up and ready to run or has the 3.4E not arrived yet?

Alienraptor said:
That's cool. Thanks for the info. Is your loop set up and ready to run or has the 3.4E not arrived yet?

I've got the h2O up and running now, and have had it for quite awhile.....and the 3.4E is installed.

I'm giving things a little time before I start any overclocking though at this point. ;)

how can you not have overclocke yet?!?!?! this is blasphemy. you make us wait long enough for you to actually get the thing up and running, and then you say you're waiting?? how dare you...

jkjk...its no problem...but make sure you do let us know how it goes...with benches/temps/clock speeds...i really wanna see this stuff!

good luck, and you should congratulate customs on the "speedy" passthrough of your 3.4E...:p

Alex41290 said:
good luck, and you should congratulate customs on the "speedy" passthrough of your 3.4E...:p

No kidding, I was really surprised at that.....fastest I've ever seen infact.

NAFTA really helps get the PC parts through Canada customs these days.

I am patiently (NOT) waiting to see what that processor really had for potential. Now that I know the RAM was the issue, there could be all sorts of undiscovered potential on the that CPU.
BTW, the CPU idled at 43C on my Abit IC7-Max3, but those were notorious for innaccurate temps. It would load to around 51C, but, then again, that was Abit measured temps. I suspect they were lower by around 8C or so.

HeavyH20 said:
NAFTA really helps get the PC parts through Canada customs these days.

I am patiently (NOT) waiting to see what that processor really had for potential. Now that I know the RAM was the issue, there could be all sorts of undiscovered potential on the that CPU.
BTW, the CPU idled at 43C on my Abit IC7-Max3, but those were notorious for innaccurate temps. It would load to around 51C, but, then again, that was Abit measured temps. I suspect they were lower by around 8C or so.

So then are you saying that my idle of 32C (supposedly reported a little low by my board) isn't that far off? at 1.5v it runs at about 42C in the BIOS...and I wasn't sure if it was "right" or not.

Please check out the thread I just started up (called 3.4E "fun") and help me figure out what's going on so that I can start tapping into that "hidden potential" that we both hope is there. :D

Well, for the moment, my 40-45C load temps are preventing me from hitting anything higher then 4.3GHz.....but it's just temps.....which means I'll have even more room to stretch this things legs when I get my Phase Change setup early next year.

The site I'm ordering the Maze4 and a few other things from is open again as of today...but I don't think my paycheque is going to clear until Tuesday....so at the very latest, THAT's when I'll be putting in my order for the rest of my h2O gear...including a dual bay 3.5" bayres to replace my 5.25" bayres....so that I can finally get the heatercore installed inside the case.

More updates later this week when I get the rest of the watercooling.....and for now my X800XT-PE is fully voltmodded and sitting here, waiting for that h2O. :D

pics anytime soon?

you should look into a Storm G5 for maximum OC potential.

pics anytime soon?

Not VERY soon, but still coming......hehe, I'm getting good at holding you guys in suspence aren't I? :p

Here, lets make a deal...if someone can find a droop mod for DFI Lanparty Pro875B revB I'll go steal a friends camera and get you pics right NOW. The voltage on the Lanparty board drops HARD down to about 1.15v when you apply more then 1.55v in the BIOS with a Prescott...and I NEED a voltmod to fix this.

If I can't find a vmod for it in the next day or two I'll be shipping the Lanparty to HeavyH2O in exchange for the MAX3 I'm using now, but if I CAN come across a mod for the DFI I'll go back to it, as that voltage issue is all that's keeping me from using it.

you should look into a Storm G5 for maximum OC potential.

Link/Pics?

http://www.employees.org/~slf/lrwb/

its Cathar's site, and he makes some of the best (and most expensive :p) blocks EVAR!! ;) (i know its spelled wrong, but it enunciates the point)

u'll hafta contact him to get one, and you can email them (i think) to ask about it. its on the contact us section of the site above...though, good luck getting one...i wouldn't look for a G5, cuz he said that his machinst can't get them out till Q1 2005, unless you're gonna be looking at one then...but expect to pay about $96USD + $10 for shipping.

so, if you wanted to do that, go ahead, but i'd recommend a pelt. before spending that much on a waterblock that probly won't improve ur temps more than 4 or 5 degrees.

Alex41290 said:
http://www.employees.org/~slf/lrwb/

its Cathar's site, and he makes some of the best (and most expensive :p) blocks EVAR!! ;) (i know its spelled wrong, but it enunciates the point)

u'll hafta contact him to get one, and you can email them (i think) to ask about it. its on the contact us section of the site above...though, good luck getting one...i wouldn't look for a G5, cuz he said that his machinst can't get them out till Q1 2005, unless you're gonna be looking at one then...but expect to pay about $96USD + $10 for shipping.

so, if you wanted to do that, go ahead, but i'd recommend a pelt. before spending that much on a waterblock that probly won't improve ur temps more than 4 or 5 degrees.

Personally I think I'll hand onto the TDX for now and leave it at that. After this setup is completed I'm going to be looking at switchin to a Phase Change setup by spring, so I'm not gonna spend TOO much cash on this h2O. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Personally I think I'll hand onto the TDX for now and leave it at that. After this setup is completed I'm going to be looking at switchin to a Phase Change setup by spring, so I'm not gonna spend TOO much cash on this h2O. ;)
I bet you would see a nice improvement in your overclock if running a Storm G4 or G5 over the TDX. Bad part is I don't think anyone will see one for a good month until his orders are filled. I had a G4 off his first batch and found it to be an incredible block and the G5 is supposed to be better.

R1ckCa1n said:
I bet you would see a nice improvement in your overclock if running a Storm G4 or G5 over the TDX. Bad part is I don't think anyone will see one for a good month until his orders are filled. I had a G4 off his first batch and found it to be an incredible block and the G5 is supposed to be better.

Well, in addition to my case mods, by the time I actually had the spare cash to switch waterblocks I'd be coming pretty close to the time when I'm gonna wanna be switching to Phase Change.

I'm actually thinking of just picking up a "stripped down" MachII ST and getting it re-gassed somewhere in town.....cus after tax and shipping it'd only cost me $750CDN....a full $400 cheaper then the Vapo LS...and I'm not sure I'm willing to spend the extra cash on teh Vapo when I can just get the MachII regassed to DRASTICALLY close that gap between the two. ;)

I am very interested in phase change as well but am not sure if the noise is worth the $. If I could find a silent phase change solution, I might dive in too!

R1ckCa1n said:
I am very interested in phase change as well but am not sure if the noise is worth the $. If I could find a silent phase change solution, I might dive in too!

As MANY have said.....if you're coming from an average aircooled system you're not really gonna notice a lot of noise difference......whereas if you're switching to PS from a silent h2O setup it will seem a little loud. From the specs on the net, the Vapo/Prommy during regular operation is only going to be a TOUCH louder then my 120x25mm aluminum fan, which is about 38dBA....so even if it WAS this loud I'd be happy.

I too am grabbing a TDX, only because the Storm G4/5 are impossible to get and I'm impatient :mad:

yeah, i'm thinking of selling my WhiteWater and getting a TDX...i hate this three-barb design, and it doesn't even cool that well...

I've always been so disgusted by the 3 barb design myself...never really understood the NEED for it...especially when companies like DangerDen have the capability to build a 2 barb varient of their 3 barb blocks that is actually capable of outperforming the "triple" design. :rolleyes: :p

I'm using a 3 barbed Polarflo CPU block that I modded a bit and now I'm only using 2 barbs and getting better temps. 3 barbs was a pain in the but to run and keep out of the way of everything.

All I really did was plug the one outlet hole with standard 1/4" NPT plug and cut the other barb down so that when it was installed in the block it didn't extend below the block housing it's self. If you open the block up and look at the length of the barbs, you'll notice that there is maybe a 1/4" of space between the bottom of the block and the bottom of the barb, not much water flow going on there. By trimming the barb you not only get better water flow but you get rid of the sort of dead area inside the block that collected and heated water and the block.

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm not a good enough reason? :p
I'd never convince my parents to take me there too look at a PC :p

they would be like "you have one in your room, thats good enough"

DaCoOlNeSs said:
I'd never convince my parents to take me there too look at a PC :p

they would be like "you have one in your room, thats good enough"

I hear that, mine are the same way....the only way I get away with most of this is they don't even know about half the shit I buy for this thing.....I would have been disowned years ago. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
I hear that, mine are the same way....the only way I get away with most of this is they don't even know about half the shit I buy for this thing.....I would have been disowned years ago. ;)
heh, same here.

I told my dad to fax an RMA for my 9800 and he was like "YOU BOUGHT A 9800 WITHOUT TELLING ME?!111"

I'm lucky...for some reason my parents don't really mind buying me computer stuff...but I almost always hafta pay for AT LEAST 1/2 of it...sometimes all but like 50 bucks or shipping...maybe they pay for all this stuff cuz i'm really retarded or have some brain disease? :p

Haha, should've heard my mom when she found out I bought my X800Pro vivo. :p

"HOW MUCH!?"

My dad just shook his head. lol :D

Alex41290 said:
I'm lucky...for some reason my parents don't really mind buying me computer stuff...but I almost always hafta pay for AT LEAST 1/2 of it...sometimes all but like 50 bucks or shipping...maybe they pay for all this stuff cuz i'm really retarded or have some brain disease? :p

lol you're exactly like my brother; spoilt. This Xmas parents are getting me to buy parts and build his new rig, just because he fecked up his old one with spybots etc. I'm thinking fx-55 and dual 6800 ultra :D

Back