cornelious is finally getting h2O!!!!!

It seems, we do have the same camera. Well, congrats and enjoy the shitty 5x digital zoom - the more you do, the worse it is so don't zoom with it much. The lap job is nice - you got a kit for it?

cornelious0_0 said:
I couldn't find my sheet of 800grit when I went to do the TDX so that was just with 1000, 1200, 1500 grits. The entire process with all three grits only took about 5 minutes and I'm VERY pleased with how it turned out for my first time lapping anything.
Is that a decal on the bottom of your water block or did you sand it in? Amazing work. :D

No radiator in your test loop? Your either not going with a rad? or not testing the full setup? Either way Im confused. But them Im easily confused by any kind of shiny light or pretty colour.

That Pump looks pretty cool. Im thinking I should have gotten one..but whats done is done.

More Pics...lots more...theres never too many pics. Really.

MikeP said:
No radiator in your test loop? Your either not going with a rad? or not testing the full setup? Either way Im confused. But them Im easily confused by any kind of shiny light or pretty colour.

That Pump looks pretty cool. Im thinking I should have gotten one..but whats done is done.

More Pics...lots more...theres never too many pics. Really.
That's the reflection of the camera. I know, because I have the same one. HP Photosmart 435, for those who were wondering. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
I couldn't find my sheet of 800grit when I went to do the TDX so that was just with 1000, 1200, 1500 grits. The entire process with all three grits only took about 5 minutes and I'm VERY pleased with how it turned out for my first time lapping anything.

thanks i will eb doing that with my TDX block soon ill try to get some pic in my own wc thread for ya.

ANyone got a link for a guide to lapping heatsinks?

Guy, it's really not needed. Get small sheets of 800, 1000, 1200, and 1500 grit sand paper......start with 800grit. take the sandpaper and fold it into a smaller square so you can apply direct/even preasure to it......and go back and forth over the block fairly quick for about a minute. Do the same thing with each grit, and by teh time you're done you'll have a nice mirror finish like I got.....MUCH nicer, even then the 1200 machine lap job that the block came with.

Is that a decal on the bottom of your water block or did you sand it in? Amazing work.

haha, thx

No radiator in your test loop?

i live in Canada and I'm simply waiting for the Heatercore to get here from DTek.....and I had to get teh other parts doing SOMEthing whle I waited. :p The good thing is they've all been running like that iwth no clamps for 3 days and there's been no leaks......so the hardware itself isn't dmg'd at all.

I guess I could even shut off the water cooling and get some individual shots of teh peices eh? would that satisfy you guys for now? :p

xfoureyedgeek, that second pic is WAY to big....and flipped on its "side" I think. ;)

Maybe link to the pics or the thread if you can.....cus I'd prefer to keep my thread on topic....not to try and steal your thunder or anything.....just common courtesy.

Just a suggestion on the lapping:

Locate a piece of glass, spray it down with water and lay your sheet of sandpaper on that. wet the paper down and gently slide the block across the sand paper. Repeat for each grit. This will insure you keep the contact surface as flat as possible and the water on the glass will help hold the paper in place.

cgrant26 said:
Just a suggestion on the lapping:

Locate a piece of glass, spray it down with water and lay your sheet of sandpaper on that. wet the paper down and gently slide the block across the sand paper. Repeat for each grit. This will insure you keep the contact surface as flat as possible and the water on the glass will help hold the paper in place.

That would be a very good way to improve results now that I think of it....I might redo the lapping before it gets installed......cus I've got some glass i can use.

Got bored, more random pics for ya.....

Front closeup of the pump.....got shit camera.

Picture 016.jpg

Back of the pump, with C-Systems logo.

Picture 017.jpg

Hehe, another lap shot.

Picture 021.jpg

A closeup of the bayres showing off my new stainless steel hose clamps.

Picture 018.jpg

Me holding the bayres, incase you didn't already know how big it is.

Picture 020.jpg

Me, takin' a break. :p

Picture.jpg

Hopefully the damn heatercore gets here in a hurry.....I wanna take some pics of it before I decide if I'm keeping the camera....and if so, for how long.....I've actually got 1 month to return it, and I did want to get a few pics of the heatercore on its own.

ya knok, its funny...the camera blows in all the other shots, but when u take a pic of urself its not blurry at all?? lol, woah, u must me "magical" :p

looking good...but that C-Systems pump won't do well for multiblock (eh? lol, canadians, NO OFFENSE TO YOU)?

Alex41290 said:
ya knok, its funny...the camera blows in all the other shots, but when u take a pic of urself its not blurry at all?? lol, woah, u must me "magical" :p

looking good...but that C-Systems pump won't do well for multiblock (eh? lol, canadians, NO OFFENSE TO YOU)?
It's from the digital zoom. Digital Zoom sucks, it ruins the picture. Don't you mean be instead of me? Unless he is you, or you are him -- I doubt it is correct. What's wrong, eh? :p
EDIT: Plus the camera does not support Macro Mode.

Alex41290 said:

No, it will not do that great in a multblock setup, but when the time comes I'm going to be adding a second pump directly before it in the loop to take care of things.....and it won't mess up the tubing either, so it's all good.

It's from the digital zoom. Digital Zoom sucks, it ruins the picture.

There's no Digital Zoom there, this camera just sucks and close ups.....plain and simple. I could have probly played around and got that pic nicer, but w/e.

yeah, i think we all got the "gist"...well, i ordered a pump :d...the Eheim 1250 and 10' of tubing for when i get my new case....this is gonna rock...now to get a new case....hmm...

i apologize for thread "crapping" cornelious, but ur thread is sort of off topic as we speak (digital cam.) so i thought i might ask some people if this case is worth the money, or if i should go with this one.

at least i didn't put the full link or post a pic....but yeah, i broke down and got a pump....

btw, sweet lookin lap job on the TDX...i with my WW could look like that :p

I agree that the thread IS somewhat offtopic ATM.....but its just cus I'm sitting here waiting for the effin heatercore to show up. :p

The Silverstone is actually sposed to be a pretty good case, but you can't pay me to use it....I won't go for the whole "flipped mobo" thing quite yet, too used to having my case on my right.

For twice the cost of the Chenming it's up to you.....but the Antec/Cheiftec/Chenming chasis's have proven time and time again that they're still great cases.....you're going to get some pretty decent airflow out of it, they're rather easy to mod, and built to last. The one thing I would do straight off the bat with the Chenming though is add a side panel intake fan over the CPU....it'll really help out your temps.

Oh, and I would NOT want to be involved in setting up water cooling in that Silverstone case....if you want THAT part of the process to be very simple and straight forward then get the Chenming.

cornelious0_0 said:
The one thing I would do straight off the bat with the Chenming though is add a side panel intake fan over the CPU....it'll really help out your temps.

Oh, and I would NOT want to be involved in setting up water cooling in that Silverstone case....if you want THAT part of the process to be very simple and straight forward then get the Chenming.

for the first part, why side panel fan? even if i'm WCing?

2ndly, why again? lol, what makes it really hard in the silverstone?

and one more question (sorry), is it easy to get a 120mm fan in the front by de-riveting the bottom HDD cage?

well, unless i can find something(s) that make the silverstone an obvious buy over the chenming, i'm getting either the silver or black...which one?

UPDATE!!!!!

Yeah, that's right.....UPDATE!!!

After a few days short of a full month (since the order processed and was listed as "complete" on DTek) of waiting the Heatercore is finally in the country. :cool:

It originally left DTek on October 5th, took a few days to get to the border.....and didn't clear american customs until October 20th......messed up. After that it technically left customs, and went to.......canadian customs...oh god. :rolleyes: Didn't leave Canadian customs for just a full week, and as of Saturday (just two days ago) it has officially LEFT CUSTOMS.....thank GOD.

Considering the small amount of time it takes for something to ship from the border to where I live there shouldn't be any reason why I won't be getting the heatercore this week. :D

Before I get the loop setup on a table again to make sure the heatercore isn't dmg'd (man would THAT piss me off) I'm gonna have to test fit it in my case, cus if i rotate it so that the barbs are on the side facing me, there's technically eXACTLY enough room for it to fit. The worst case scenario is that it'll be a half inch to large and I'll just have to buy a shorter cdrom, which is ok.....'cus I'm getting sick of this LG anyways....it'll give me an excuse to buy a DVDburner. :D

I'll be back (HOPEfully) sometime this week when it comes in, and the cool thing is that my Sapphire X800XT-PE will be getting here on Thursday, so this is somewhat of a big week for me.

Man, you've waited so long your lucky water cooling hasn't been replaced with something new already! :p You could have also hitch-hiked there and back and had it running already!

Glad to hear your stuff is finally almost there.

PsycoGeek said:
You could have also hitch-hiked there and back and had it running already!

I know I know.....it's pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against DTek now...it wasn't their fault, I'm just not going to be doing any ordering out of the states until I know that any of this customs BS is cleared up, at least I'm assuming they're still on strike...or it makes even LESS sense as to why I had to wait 3 weeks for it to cross the border. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, check out what I've been having to put up with while I wait. :p

Lucky you getting your hands on one of those. I got tired of the wait and went with a GT for my wife, one for my son, and an Ultra for myself.

UPDATE:

THE HEATERCORE IS HERE!!!!! THE HEATERCORE IS HERE!!!!! THE HEATERCORE IS HERE!!!!! :D :D :D

You guys have no idea how excited I was to unpack this thing after a full month of waiting....OMG. The good news is that I held it up to the case and it's easily gonna fit between my PSU and cdburner, so no worries there. I'm just about to rig everything up to do some more leak testing with the heatercore finally in the loop.....so I'll tty all later.

YAY!!! :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
UPDATE:

THE HEATERCORE IS HERE!!!!! THE HEATERCORE IS HERE!!!!! THE HEATERCORE IS HERE!!!!!

You guys have no idea how excited I was to unpack this thing after a full month of waiting....OMG. The good news is that I held it up to the case and it's easily gonna fit between my PSU and cdburner, so no worries there. I'm just about to rig everything up to do some more leak testing with the heatercore finally in the loop.....so I'll tty all later.

YAY!!! :cool:
:rolleyes: and i thought i was childish :rolleyes:

haha, jkjk, but that's cool....remember to keep us updated when u get the whole thing hooked up (like today when ur supposed to get ur xtpe)....

Well guys, I just couldnt help myself.....the water cooling is up and running on the 2.8C, and I love it. From what I've seen from my own personal testing my DFI mobo reports CPU temps about 3C lower then they are, and with that in mind it's really easy to appreciate some of the early temp testing I did. I didn't want to start pushing things last night as I was only "half there" but at 3.5GHz /w 1.75v It was idling at 21.5C, with a max load of 27C....which would equate to about 24C for the idle, and 30C max load....which is darn nice. :p

From the little bit of testing I have done I gained a little in the OC department with this cpu....but for the most part the CPU itself is kinda topped out. I gained a lot in stability, as previously Aquamark3 was the only test that would complete half of the time at 3.71GHz, whereas now everything I've tried is 100% fine at that clock, and I can actually run all my benchmarks at about 3.78GHz.....so I'm happy. :D

I'm not gonna be getting the X800XT-PE until tomorrow, cus me and the guy didn't end up shipping our cards until yesterday, but it's still cool.....work will just pass by REALLY slow today is all. :rolleyes:

So yeah, I'm lovin' this for now....the pump is dead silent, the bayres looks h0t in the case, and the DTek heatercore was WELL worth the wait, what a beauty.

I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow or the next day when i get the XT-PE up and running, and I should have some updated benchmark scores with the new 3.78GHz clock on the CPU.....but that darn thing just won't bench at 3.8GHz. :(

cornelious0_0 said:
I know I know.....it's pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against DTek now...it wasn't their fault, I'm just not going to be doing any ordering out of the states until I know that any of this customs BS is cleared up, at least I'm assuming they're still on strike...or it makes even LESS sense as to why I had to wait 3 weeks for it to cross the border. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, check out what I've been having to put up with while I wait. :p

Man I totally sympathize with you, I had to wait about 2 weeks for parts to ship from aqua computers to SNT and now its been another 1 week I've had to wait on the mod to the aqua tube so I'm guessing it will end up being at least another week minimum before I have it here. This is the first and last time I ever buy fancy looking shit for a water cooling setup that requires parts from another country, it just takes wayyyyy too long to receive them.

Oh well, the best part is being able to see the potential that this h2O setup has right now....as holding my 2.8C at 3.5GHz 1.75v at 23C idle and 30C max load is quite a feat in itself.....and this setup is MORE then ready to take on the 3.2E.

I'll be ordering the 3.2E on the 26th, so until then I'll have my X800XT-PE to play with, and my case to finish. I'm getting the modders mesh ordered through a friend from MNPC on the 12th and having it shipped overnight air, so once I get that I'll finally be able to finish the case and get it painted.....yay!!!

Cross your fingers for me on a nice X800XT-PE overclock on the stock cooler/voltage with the fan at 100%....cus if i can hit 560+ without doing any voltage work I'll be in very good shape to be hitting 650+ with the voltage bumped from 1.4v to 1.75v or so and the card on my h2O setup. :cool:

Well my x800xt pe does 580 mhz on stock w/no voltage so you might get lucky too. Right now I got it doing 620 mhz using a modded silencer and 1.52v. I'm going to push it to 1.65v or so when I have my water cooling setup ready to go and aim for 650-700 mhz.

MFZ said:
Well my x800xt pe does 580 mhz on stock w/no voltage so you might get lucky too. Right now I got it doing 620 mhz using a modded silencer and 1.52v. I'm going to push it to 1.65v or so when I have my water cooling setup ready to go and aim for 650-700 mhz.

That's basically the exact same "layout" as what I've got planned for my XT-PE if I get a decent overclocker. I'm not trying to get my hopes up, but I've never been unlucky with a video card when it comes to overclocking, so I'm trying to stay positive about my chances.

I honestly don't know/think I'll be doing the modded Silencer on the XT-PE anymore.....at the end of this month (the 29th) I'll be buying my 3.2E....and the first cheque in December will buy me my Maze4 for the XT-PE and the second CSP750 pump. A lot of guys around here have been actually running closer to 1.75v on a plain Maze4 and been hitting 670+ on the core, and they reported that originally the card didnt even look like it would OC very well.....so it should be fun. :p

I really wish I had a camera....I fixed up my tubing and this looks too great. I'm spending more time just looking at the inside of my comp at the tubing right now then anything else. :p

UPDATE: Well, I had to take the setup apart today.....as I hadn't noticed before that I forgot to tape up one of the screw-on barbs on the pump. Funny thing is that I moved the case to turn it around and what do you think I found.....a nice little puddle of water under the case....seems the pump had been dripping on and off during the night, just enough to seep down through the one case foot. Both barbs are now taped up, and I grabbed some black aquarium silicone and sealed 'em both up.....nothin's gettin through there now. ;)

Seeing as I'll have the XT-PE today or tomorrow I'm gonna be temped on the 12th to get the second CSP750 pump and the Maze4 for the card instead of spending $70 or something to get the modders mesh and stuff for the case. I can always get some mesh in town here if it looks decent enough, which will be a LOT cheaper. If anything I think I'd like to get the second pump, as it won't hurt anything having it now....and I'll be able to get the tubing setup how i want it so that things are ready for the GPU.

heh I knew I couldn't stop with just one CSP so I ordered two right off the bat.

Good thing too b/c I got a 6800 waterblock, water cooled harddrive silencer, and some floew meters and temp sensors. That will need the extra pump.....plus I might go with a watercooled PSU soon too.

Dual CSP750 is the way to go...now I just need to figure out if its better in series or parallel :confused:

DaMaDo said:
heh I knew I couldn't stop with just one CSP so I ordered two right off the bat.

Good thing too b/c I got a 6800 waterblock, water cooled harddrive silencer, and some floew meters and temp sensors. That will need the extra pump.....plus I might go with a watercooled PSU soon too.

Dual CSP750 is the way to go...now I just need to figure out if its better in series or parallel :confused:

Series.....in parallel you gain about 10GPH over having them in series....but in series you end up with a 145" discharge head length......double that of the Eheim 1250 or two parallel CSP's.

I'm getting two of them setup in parallel and it's actually going to HELP me tube routing a lot....I can't wait.

I'm all excited myself =) I love the size of these pumps =) The one I have running now is just great!

DaMaDo said:
I'm all excited myself =) I love the size of these pumps =) The one I have running now is just great!

Yeah, I'm really actually quite surprised by this little thing. I'm actually going to try keep the system running on just one pump when I get the Maze4 block for my XT-PE. I figure that it might still be ok, because I'm using some 1/2" ID tubing and I have no more then 1' of tube between any two components in the loop.

Did u get ur case painted yet cornelious? Wanna see that final product blow my wiring away ;)

what kinda voltages are you puttinginto your xt-pe...and how you doing it?

Via hard mod? or bios?

Did u get ur case painted yet cornelious? Wanna see that final product blow my wiring away

Not yet, I'm getting the last couple cuts done and getting the mesh and painting done all in the first half of next month, so I'll have updates/final pics of the case/wiring by the end of December to blow you all away. :D

what kinda voltages are you puttinginto your xt-pe...and how you doing it?

To get the card to 636MHz I've got it running at 1.647v, and it dips down to 1.634v under load, and it's done via a pencil mod that I can simply erase to drop it back down to 1.4v again, which I currently have done until I get my watercooling.....because the stock cooler can NOT handle that much heat, and at 640MHz the core temp hits 75C or so and locks up halfway through Aquamark3, signifying that the Maze4 should get to me about 650MHz at 1.65v......and I'm looking to hit about 675MHz at least at 1.75v later on. :D

sorry to "revive" a tired thread, but did you get ur new proc yet cornelious? and also, how about some updates with temps, clock speeds, etc. with ur GPU/CPU...?

Back