Corsair HX620 620w Power Supply @ [H]

You must have spelled "peripherals" correctly since IntelliTXT picked it up! :D

You can use the Corsair HX620W to run 8800GTX SLI w/ no problem. That was my point in my post. It'll run lots of things NOW, but we don't know what it will run later when the power of these higher end video cards are unleashed.

FWIW: I do know that the HX620W will not run dual FX74's with a pair of 8800GTX's even w/ one hard drive. Tried it.

It will work with 8800GTS and those CPU's, so you know you're just on the border w/ power requirements.

Oui oui!
Ok ... but it would run one FX74 or other high wattage chip, a pair of 8800GTXs, a hard drive, and a few other things.

Sounds ok, but try it and let us know :)
Actually, I was asking a question of johnyGURU but messed up the phrasing and left off the "?". I'm getting the HX620 next week, but I'm running what's in my sig - only one vid card.

No such thing as futureproof, who knows what future hardware will require ;)
That's true. There are now psu with PCI-e 6+2pin connections as I found out yesterday. Don't even know why they have it. Probably for that R600 thing?

No such thing as futureproof, who knows what future hardware will require ;)
Duh ... however this PS supply will be future proof for me for quite a while because if I run decide to start running SLI vid, it wouldn't be with the highest powered cards. If I get a few years out of it, that's future proof enough for me.

Duh ... however this PS supply will be future proof for me for quite a while because if I run decide to start running SLI vid, it wouldn't be with the highest powered cards. If I get a few years out of it, that's future proof enough for me.

Hehe, take it easy, I'm just nitpicking :D I got 620HX myself and running one 8800gts... I mostly got it for silence, actually, but I don't really look into the future. Technology changes so fast, I gave up trying to predict what the future will bring ;)

Hehe, take it easy, I'm just nitpicking :D I got 620HX myself and running one 8800gts... I mostly got it for silence, actually, but I don't really look into the future. Technology changes so fast, I gave up trying to predict what the future will bring ;)
Ha ... I'm new to this forum, different buzzwords and protocols here. I'll get with the flow soon enough. It's a little tough here, but it's nice to be in with smart and knowledgeable people.;)

Ha ... I'm new to this forum, different buzzwords and protocols here. I'll get with the flow soon enough. It's a little tough here, but it's nice to be in with smart and knowledgeable people.;)

As long as everyone is an asshole to each other nobody is really being an asshole. Get it? That's all you need to know! And right after you are done being an asshole, put the wink or the tongue sticking out emoticon. Then, if the recipient of the asshole treatment reacts negatively, he is actually the asshole since you put a wink or stuck out your tongue!;)

As long as everyone is an asshole to each other nobody is really being an asshole. Get it? That's all you need to know! And right after you are done being an asshole, put the wink or the tongue sticking out emoticon. Then, if the recipient of the asshole treatment reacts negatively, he is actually the asshole since you put a wink or stuck out your tongue!;)
Ha ... I see ... one must always be sure to bring their Sunday School manners.:D

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard, and you should be shot :p

Got this yesterday; ordered from zzf. A breeze to install. Looks good, great cable control - my first modular psu.

Voltage is more true and stable than with my two-year-old Antec TPII 550. Gettting more stable overclocks - presumably because of more stable voltage.

Does 620HX support 8-pin pci-e connector? I mean it's modular and Corsair might just sell that cable separately if it's electrically compatible with the existing outlets on the PSU :D

I LOVE my HX620. Awesome, very awesome PSU. Cabling is a dream.

I just had to say that. :)

i think im ganan buy one btw to all u who say this can run a sli 88--gtx how it only has 2 pcie connectors

thanks for the review johnny also

At the same price, would this be recommended over the Silverstone ST75F? Considering realistically the Silverstone is gonna be around 700W max power, they're in the same range, and either will be enough. Both get great reviews, I can't decide.

is that the silverstone strider?? if so i think the corsair is better so far the best silverstones are the zues stay away from the olympia and decatholon since it has a buzing noise when idle and wrong 8 pin connectors but ithink this would be better due to the fact of its small footprint and the cable forceflex is very good since its all black wires
and modular connectors

i think i might pick this one up rather then a zues 750wats or i might wiat to see if they release a higher wat version with 8 pin pcie connecotrs

care to post me alink to place that sells the adaptors the oens i have seen have the wrong pcie connections so people have to jam them in to thier video cards

care to post me alink to place that sells the adaptors the oens i have seen have the wrong pcie connections so people have to jam them in to thier video cards

Feel free to call Corsair and ask our customer service to send you the cables if you need them.

The cables are free but you pay a few bucks for the shipping.

Barring RedBeards suggestion many PCI_E videocards come with molex to PCI-Express adapters. They aren't wrong...so there should be no jamming.

well i asked beacuse i lost that adapter on my last vidcard and the ones on ncix and newegg have been reported to have to jamm them in and they only have one molex where as the one i lost has 2 soo looks a bit shady

Back