Countdown to 1000 new borgs/addition

That's really interesting that you get bad lag on those machines. I personally have a hard time understanding how FAH could be causing such lag, since I've never experienced it on the dozen+ computers I've touched. Are you sure nothing else is causing that lag? Firefox 2.0.x running, perhaps?

The only time I see that is when the box is seriously short on RAM.

Spose I should add the quad to the list. It's replacing an E6420 until it finds a mobo, but I am running dual smp clients so.......664

I reckon I'm numero 658 because today I played "musical cpu". I went to Fry's and bought another Q6600 and it came with a ECS GF7100PVT-M3 mobo. :confused:
Since I've never had any luck with ECS boards, this one only adjusts 800, 1066 or 1333, no higher than 1333 (333) with no increments inbetween The vcore is non adjustable, but you can raise the voltage on the RAM. :(
I put the Q6600 in place of one of my E6600's and put the E6600 temporarily in the ECS until I get another GA-G31M-S2L mobo (good folder IMO) being shipped grounded mail ZZZZ. When and if it ever gets here, probably by way of China, I'll put the E6600 in it and put a E6420 in the ECS mobo . :rolleyes:

looks like im 655...just added 3 clients

-3.0ghz P4 @ 3.45
-E8400 @ 3.0ghz...2 cores = 2 clients:cool:

ill be OCing the e8400 soon:D

Added a single SMP client on a [email protected] running Server 2008. If I can figure out how to get VM's going on it I'll probably run two linux SMP clients eventually. I'll need to reinstall most likely as I was given the X86 install disc and Hyper-V only runs on X64. :(

SMP [email protected]. This borg might not be running 24/7 but even intermittent production on a SMP Q9450 should outperform a standard client. ;)
0.png

Swapped out the single Windows SMP client on my new box for 2 Linux SMP clients running in VMs.

So minus one add two leaves us with:

Stopped folding on my main rig since my cooler isn't cutting it under constant load. Got two others up and running so that'll take us down one for a new remaining total of

A big 649 proving the pernt I do actually listen and pay attention to good advice sometimes. I read on this very forum about the notfred CD. I scrounged around in my parts closet, put a caseless E6420 together with only 512 RAM, downloaded and burned the notfred CD (easy breezy) and away I went. My headless, diskless (I have a flash drive), mouseless, caseless, shelfin' (it's on a shelf, no boxen) is crunchin' it's second WU. (I monitor it with FAHmon on my windose machine (thanks Evil for your easy instructions) :p

Using the notfred CD and EvilAlchemist's directions it's so easy to get folding in a short time even a retarded rock could do it. :D

Figured this needed a bump since I'm sure there were lots of new clients added recently...

I've added one NVIDIA GPU2 client on an 8800GTS 512.

Moved from 2x SMP to 4x standard = net 2 and added GPU

Just joined today, so I don't know how much this will count for so if someone could change the count for me that would be awesome :). I added:

(2) 8800GTs
(1) Q6600 @ 3.3ghz with SMP working on 3 cores
(1) Macbook Core Duo 2.0ghz working on 2 cores
(1) E4300 @ 2.33ghz working on 1 core
(1) Dell Inspiron 6000 Dothan 1.6ghz on 1 core

If I'm not mistaken the above count should be 632 as that reaches 9 clients.

I've just started up two instances on my HTPC [5600+ (2.8ghz)] which brings us to

When I get around to it I'll get my main rig (Q9450+8800 Ultra) running. That'll add five to the fray, but I'll wait to update once they're running.

I started 1 instance on my comp at work, a 2.8 Ghz C2D.
I also have 1 running on my home laptop, a little 1.8Ghz, + the GPU2 client on the 8800MGTS. This brings the count to 627

Bump for old time sakes....also so AssM@N can add his clients to the list :p

Anyhoo, +1 PS3

I forgot about this thread. Added 4 clients this week.

1 T2390 with 2 console clients (2 clients)
1 X2 with a GPU2 (8800GS) client and a console client (2 clients)

I just switched team from the PSForums to Team#33
ID=Silent Lunatic

Added a PS3
Added a PC running the Systray client.

Back