CrossfireX Question

if you run msi afterburner, you can see the activity on both cards in every graph (thats what i do with my 5770s) - temp, % of utilization, core clock, mem clock

Yeah, I can see them both on there, thanks. I take it I'm fine then?

You should be fine. You can also download radeon pro (just google it) as it's a free software that gives you an actual bar on screen during gaming that shows both gpu's working and how much load theiy're getting. It's a complete copy of nvidia's original gpu bar from sli.

Yeah, I can see them both on there, thanks. I take it I'm fine then?

Just because it shows both cards on there doesn't mean Crossfire is enabled.

You need to watch the GPU usage when you run a game or GPU benchmark.

Make sure you get the CAM profiles from the AMD/ATI driver page. its what got me stuck for a few hours when crossfire wasnt working correctly.

make sure your are :

running @ native resolution of your monitor and maxxing or using higher settings in the games - in that screenshot above one of your cards only maxed out at 45% usage, seems like its not being asked to enough work, something i noticed when i was figuring out my CFX 5770s

Rarely - there may be a small handful of cases where it's a bottleneck, but not usually below 60fps.

Source games are indeed CPU driven - if there's lots of people on a map, it will lag in source - that's one example where you probably would see benefits from a faster CPU.

what games do you own? There are things like the crysis benchmark utility for example, which is free if you have the game Crysis. Any game that's sufficiently demanding and supports crossfire that you can test with/without CF enabled.

Back