Crysis 1.1 patch released

Sounds like something is wrong with your system dude. Runs perfectly fine for me, (well, slow, but it doesn't BSOD or crash ever.)

I love when people assume that because THEY are having no problems, everyone that does have them is a complete idiot.

All I know is that the game DID work with no problems before I installed the 1.1 patch. That was the ONLY change made to my system, which tells me that maybe there were a couple bugs introduced. A reasonable assumption, no?

niplfsh said:
I love when people assume that because THEY are having no problems, everyone that does have them is a complete idiot.

All I know is that the game DID work with no problems before I installed the 1.1 patch. That was the ONLY change made to my system, which tells me that maybe there were a couple bugs introduced. A reasonable assumption, no?

Was his crysis install 100% bone stock?
No mods?
No config changes?
No changed video file names?
No map packs installed?
He's had no windows patches or driver changes between installing 1.0 and 1.1?
He's not overclocking and his initial install of Crysis was not corrupted?

I'd check all of those before I blamed the game.

I have 3 friends playing crysis on varying hardware with none of the problems mentioned in this thread. One of them is a geek like me, and the other just loves games and has money to buy new parts. All of us have completed the game with no bugs in the game besides it being slow, I'm the only one in Vista though, the others are on XP SP2, and none of us are using multi-gpu setups.

I'm probably the most daring of us all for modding system stuff and I'd therefore be the most likely to have problems, and still haven't had any.

I was not able to install the patch originally. I then replaced the intro video files that I had moved into a separate folder (for safekeeping should I need them ;)) and I was then able to install the patch. I do have other changed config files.

If anyone else deleted the movies instead of moving them, I've hosted them for you to grab here (17.66 MB). Much easier than reinstalling the whole game, if you ask me.

The files included are:
  • Trailer_Crytek.sfd
  • Trailer_CrytekC.sfd
  • Trailer_EA.sfd
  • Trailer_Intel.sfd
  • Trailer_NVidia.sfd

The files should be placed in your directory like this: Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game\Localized\Video

If you need or want other files, just ask.

I was not able to install the patch originally. I then replaced the intro video files that I had moved into a separate folder (for safekeeping should I need them ;)) and I was then able to install the patch. I do have other changed config files.

If anyone else deleted the movies instead of moving them, I've hosted them for you to grab here (17.66 MB). Much easier than reinstalling the whole game, if you ask me.

The files included are:
  • Trailer_Crytek.sfd
  • Trailer_CrytekC.sfd
  • Trailer_EA.sfd
  • Trailer_Intel.sfd
  • Trailer_NVidia.sfd

The files should be placed in your directory like this: Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game\Localized\Video

If you need or want other files, just ask.

Dude, its nice to help others but this one can get you in trouble for unauthorised distribution!!
I'd take them down quick smart.

Was his crysis install 100% bone stock?

Yes. From the ground up on a new system. I had Maingear do it for me.

No.

No config changes?

Can you be a little more specific? The answer to this might be yes. There was some modest overclocking done on the CPU and GPU.

No changed video file names?

To my knowledge: No.

No map packs installed?

None. I haven't bothered.

He's had no windows patches or driver changes between installing 1.0 and 1.1?

Yes. I have Vista 64 set to install all updates as available under my supervision. No driver changes.

He's not overclocking and his initial install of Crysis was not corrupted?

See above.

Corrupted install? It's not beyond the realm of possibility at this rate. How can I check?

I'd check all of those before I blamed the game.

Fair enough, but honestly, if you do a search for "Crysis" right around here and call up that HUGE Crysis thread for starters, and then you do a quick search around the Internet...don't you at least agree there are a lot of people besides me having problems with this game, even if you're lucky and all is well in your world? At least grant that obvious fact if nothing else.

I have 3 friends playing crysis on varying hardware with none of the problems mentioned in this thread. One of them is a geek like me, and the other just loves games and has money to buy new parts. All of us have completed the game with no bugs in the game besides it being slow, I'm the only one in Vista though, the others are on XP SP2, and none of us are using multi-gpu setups.

They're lucky. So are you. You all have my sincere envy, believe me.

I'm probably the most daring of us all for modding system stuff and I'd therefore be the most likely to have problems, and still haven't had any.

Again, you're lucky and you have my envy. This still doesn't help to solve any problems for people who have legitimate issues and yes, the game is buggy and was an unfinished product when it was released to the streets. That's a well known fact that you can easily look up for yourself.

You're mad at the publisher? lol :D

They helped to rush it out to the public....EA needs to stick to sports titles, they like to stick it to the console guys by coming out with a "new" madden/nba/mlb title every year and charging another 60 bucks....;)

But I digress....

I just think had Crytek taken more time, and I think EA pressured them to rush it a bit, we might have gotten a better out of box product. But it isn't a big deal...I was mostly joking...

Patch doesn't even run for me. It just stalls at the window of the installer where the "Update" button shows up. Downloaded from 3 different places, did a complete reinstall and still nothing. Just wiped my "Profile" files, going to give it one more shot.

Edit:

Nice, turns out there was nothing "wrong". Only problem is that after the patch has supposefly extracted everything, probed my system and finally telling me it's good to go, it stalls for an extra 5 minutes doing something in the background. Task manager recognizes it as "Not Responding". Lucky I finally tried waiting for an error message...

WOW what a joke. First crytek cant get a game out that is even close to being completed with all its bugs. Now the patch doesnt even install right. The blam that EA rushes them is down right stupid. They just put out pure junk now.

Dude, its nice to help others but this one can get you in trouble for unauthorised distribution!!
I'd take them down quick smart.

You sound like a paranoid person. no one is going to give 2 shits about some stupid intro ovies from a game. its on the demo so who cares

Patch works brilliantly for my dual 8800GTs. I'm running XP 32bit, 1920x1200, with a combination of medium, high, and very high (cvar workaround).

I used to get around 25-30 fps in most areas, now i get around 40-50 in those same areas. I'm running forceware 169.28.

Very satisfied.

Just installed the patch and it feels much smoother and :cool: on the VSYNC option!

I had altered my vid files, got the error during install, readded vid files, and no more error.

Haven't played enough of the game to tell if anything else is fixed/broken.

Installed the patch without any problem whatsoever, and did some testing.

Overall gameplay performance has gone up by an average of approximately 3 FPS, putting me close to the mid 30's (average) on mostly HIGH settings at 1600x1200.

It feels even smoother than before.
Overall, satisfied.

Rig in sig.

my fps may have gone up by a few but it is still way to slow for me to play the way i want, with a 24" you are screwed, i turned on nvidia scaling on my 8800GTX and played around with different resolutions but it does not look right if it is not as native res.

what settings do you guys with 24" lcd's play at?

On my 24", i get by at native res, but I run a mix of settings. Textures i have set very high. Other than that, it's a mix of medium and high. I get roughly 20FPS in action times which is manageable in single player. 30FPS in most idle scenes. That's with the 64-bit executable.

my fps may have gone up by a few but it is still way to slow for me to play the way i want, with a 24" you are screwed, i turned on nvidia scaling on my 8800GTX and played around with different resolutions but it does not look right if it is not as native res.

what settings do you guys with 24" lcd's play at?

Just run at whatever resolution you want and use the "Do not scale" function in the driver CP. You'll have the little black/empty bars around the res but it'll be native scaling for your monitor.

I can't really notice a change in the game play, but hey... a patch is always appreciated.

Installed the patch without any problem whatsoever, and did some testing.

Overall gameplay performance has gone up by an average of approximately 3 FPS, putting me close to the mid 30's (average) on mostly HIGH settings at 1600x1200.

It feels even smoother than before.
Overall, satisfied.

Rig in sig.
Same here... with almost everything except the res (1680x1050).

Our rigs are really similar too, aside from the Processors. :D No wonder.

I've been running some pretty nice settings on my rig with a single 8800GT at 1920X1200. The game really does run great for me...in between crashes ,freezes, and the occasional random restart of my machine following a brief software related BSOD. :rolleyes:

It works awesome for me, i love the patch. Works fine for me since i actually have a legal copy of the game and windows

Patch worked great for me, frames went up a little but the best thing is that they are stable as a rock now. Even enabled some of the DX10 settings. =)

Patch seems good to me. My frames went up just a little, and the game seems to play really smooth now. No complaints.

Patch worked cleanly for me

Before Patch
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 80.57s, Average FPS: 24.82
Min FPS: 19.76 at frame 1962, Max FPS: 29.04 at frame 1741
Average Tri/Sec: 23034046, Tri/Frame: 927920
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.99

After Patch
Play Time: 73.61s, Average FPS: 27.17
Min FPS: 20.96 at frame 1953, Max FPS: 32.77 at frame 1006
Average Tri/Sec: 25215508, Tri/Frame: 928072
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: 0.99

Alright, I take back most of the bad things ive said about crysis. This patch actually made the game wayyyyy more enjoyable since it gave me a 10fps boost. I now run it at 2560 x 1600 with everything on medum except for a couple of things which I leave on high. With those settings fraps gives me fps between 30 and 40. Now call me crazey but I think that crysis looks better on medium settings than on high :eek:.

Here are my results from the benchark using the system settings in my sig.

==============================================================
Play Time: 56.21s, Average FPS: 35.58
Min FPS: 29.76 at frame 1957, Max FPS: 41.80 at frame 988
Average Tri/Sec: -33673948, Tri/Frame: -946452
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.97
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 53.74s, Average FPS: 37.22
Min FPS: 29.71 at frame 1953, Max FPS: 44.13 at frame 82
Average Tri/Sec: -34728492, Tri/Frame: -933118
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.98
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 53.74s, Average FPS: 37.22
Average Tri/Sec: -34739168, Tri/Frame: -933445
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
Play Time: 53.78s, Average FPS: 37.19
Average Tri/Sec: -34717780, Tri/Frame: -933502
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)
==============================================================

Now call me crazey but I think that crysis looks better on medium settings than on high :eek:.
:eek: I'd like to take this opportunity to call yo' ass CRAZY! :D

The patch really does help, I had it up to 1920x1200 on Very High/High and it was smooth but some levels still chug in a couple of spots and the end level was a slide show so I had to lower the settings back to 1152x864 on Very High but it was way smoother. I'm going to try a few more saved games to see how much of the game is playable at 1920x1200 Very High/High or High with the patch installed.

It's too late for me anyhow since I finished the game already before the patch was released. I could have waited a couple more months for a more polished game.

lmao this is so funny i dont even wanna get mad or type my whole story. Ill take screenshots and add later.

LONG STORY SHORT.

I updated to the new patch 1.1.... which took about 20 min to install on a q6600 machine with 4gb RAM and an 8800gt etc etc yadda yadda. I install the patch... play it ... load up my game i saved... and WOW

I saved my game inside the alien ship where theres no gravity. Holy fuck. after the patch... the gravity is back. Im stuck on the floor. and since half the paths in the alien level are on the ceiling... IM STUCK.... unless i wanna cheat (if there is a fly or ghost cheat) or if i wanna start that f'cking level over again.

So i start over again. Still no gravity. Also now aliens see me and just stand there and dont move. I'm free to shoot them but they dont do sh*t. On a side note... when i pull out my shotgun. my left hand isnt there - just a floating gun.

WTF IS WITH THIS GAME.

2ndly... game runs a TAD smoother than before... so ?yeehaw? to that

Turn whatever you want on whatever settings you want... but making Motion Blur on Very High is SOOOO Sexy! I love it!

O and also after the patch. HL2 Ep2 and Portal wont load for me... just say "etc etc Windows has stopped from loading etc etc #1 Close #2 Send an error report"

GAHHH

Im going to get some numbers tonight but what a huge difference this patch made for me especially with SLI. WOWOWOW

1st of no more random crashes. I was actually able to play more than 2 minutes without it crashing to the desktop

2nd fps boost. I have the westy 37 1920x1080. I was able to run the game with everything on very high with 4x AA and it played about as smooth as it did when i had one GTX with everything set to HIGH.

IF i set everything on HIGH, game play was very similar to playing FEAR (max settings) with an ATI x1900

Good job to the developers who worked on this patch... it can only get better from here.

Since this is actually very playable, im going to try playing it online tonight and see how the performance is in muli.

O and also after the patch. HL2 Ep2 and Portal wont load for me... just say "etc etc Windows has stopped from loading etc etc #1 Close #2 Send an error report"

GAHHH

Umm... A Crysis patch REALLY shouldn't be affecting your other games... maybe you have some other problems? Maybe a restart of your computer is in order? :p

By the way, that's strange about the no-gravity thing, I would say uninstall Crysis and then install and patch again and see if that fixes it. If not, then load up your save game right before that level starts, whatever the last save was in the level before and then that should load the level completely fresh.

I kept getting the 1334 error so I'm trying a fresh install now.

I did not move the video files, nor did I have a custom config, but I did have the map pack install :rolleyes:

When this is done installing in about 2 fawkin hours I'll post if I get any performance gains.

Where do you guys get the output for the benchmarking? I run the CPU or GPU .bat files and it runs, but I don't get output like that...

Where do you guys get the output for the benchmarking? I run the CPU or GPU .bat files and it runs, but I don't get output like that...

If you let it loop 4 times the benchmark quits and a command prompt window is left open with the results. You get nothing? :(

Even if I terminate the bench early I still have the command prompt window open... hmmm...

Am I really the only one having these major problems?

Now the game won't even load my saves. Crashes to desktop as soon as it reaches 100%. Reinstalled the game, same results.

I haven't tried the driver myself because I don't have SLI but Nvidia released a beta driver 169.28 that is supposed to be used with the Crysis patch. Those of you with Nvidia cards having problems with the patch might want to give it shot.

guns are still bugged. Let me know when they release a patch that makes the game not suck. :( I still can't complete it till they fix my guns. A minigun and 2 pistols can't kill the final bosses.

Back