DangerDen Waterblock threads.

kleox64

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive ordered my dangerden stuff and Iam assuming the Maze 4 SLI LP and Chipset (ASUS A8N-SLI) are using 1/4" NPT threads as answered by dangerden.

I hope Iam right!

kleox64 said:
Ive ordered my dangerden stuff and Iam assuming the Maze 4 SLI LP and Chipset (ASUS A8N-SLI) are using 1/4" NPT threads as answered by dangerden.

I hope Iam right!
If it is using thier newer High-Flo fittings there is a good chance they will have straight 9/16ths threads and seals with an o-ring.

Iam getting references to UNF so 9/16-18 UNF

its listed here 9/16-18 is UNF on page 3

9/16-12 is UNC same page

They dont list threads per inch so cant know if its national fine or coarse.. I am fairly sure it would be national coarse (most all pipe threads I have see are on the course side) but without the tpi its just a guess.
From what I have seen fine threads are mainly used when additional clamping force is needed and when sealing with an o-ring moderate pressure at most is needed.

f**k iam screwed, someone please find out what the tpi is, 9/16 is shown to be 18 or 12 tpi. If I remove the fitting I can measure it right?

Here is a shot of what 12tpi looks like compared to 18 (sorry about the poor pic but only had the ability to transfer from my 6 year old cam to this puter).

tpi.jpg

I just checked the 1/4 npt and that is also aprox 18tpi so I would guess you have the right adaptor.(dont know why I always thought for all these years npt was similar to nc threads when they are similar to nf threads. I guess you learn something everyday no matter how old lol.

Iam thinking the 12 is too coarse for use in watercooling, it would give you 3-4 teeth at most into the waterblock. Anyway Ill find out tommorow when I get the GPU LP blocks together with the chipset block, the dangerden website lists BOTH as having highflow fittings aka 9/16. Hopefully if its 18 then Ill just convert the thread to BSPP.

One more thing the UNF/UNC threads look parrallel so Iam assuming they are more leak resistant when compared to NPT?

kleox64 said:
Iam thinking the 12 is too coarse for use in watercooling, it would give you 3-4 teeth at most into the waterblock. Anyway Ill find out tommorow when I get the GPU LP blocks together with the chipset block, the dangerden website lists BOTH as having highflow fittings aka 9/16. Hopefully if its 18 then Ill just convert the thread to BSPP.

One more thing the UNF/UNC threads look parrallel so Iam assuming they are more leak resistant when compared to NPT?
Just being parrallel would make them seal less but they wont seal by the threads but by an o-ring which should give a better seal..

O-rings will be used for ALL my fittings regardless.

Another question how do I pick the correct o-ring size, as long as the o-ring is firmly on the thread will that be OK.

So the only NPT fittings in my system will be the BIXIII rad.

Back