DFI RS482 Infinity in stock (US)

does the onboard x300 automaticaly disable if video card is installed?

and my SM Bus wont install. I tried using the DFI cd but it cant find the software. what gives?

I believe it does. I didn't poke around the BIOS on my board much but there is no mention of a X300 anywhere in the Device Manager, only display adapter is my X1900XTX.

benamaster said:
I believe it does. I didn't poke around the BIOS on my board much but there is no mention of a X300 anywhere in the Device Manager, only display adapter is my X1900XTX.

thank for responding. mine shows my x800 under "Unknown." my games play fine so this doesnt bother me. ive got 2 512 sticks of kingmax ddr. suppososed to be well accepted but I cant seem to run them as high as my DFI nf4 board. are there specail mem settings I should be aware of on the RS482?

If your x800 under "Unknown", that means you are running the onboard graphic (Xpress 200 - the x300 core), not your x800 card. I don't think the ATI drivers (neither the driver on your CD nor ATI driver for IPG @ ati.com has the right driver for your x800).

Try to install the latest RADEON drivers from ATI (I think it is at ver 6.3)

LawGiver said:
thank for responding. mine shows my x800 under "Unknown." my games play fine so this doesnt bother me. ive got 2 512 sticks of kingmax ddr. suppososed to be well accepted but I cant seem to run them as high as my DFI nf4 board. are there specail mem settings I should be aware of on the RS482?

buzzly said:
If your x800 under "Unknown", that means you are running the onboard graphic (Xpress 200 - the x300 core), not your x800 card. I don't think the ATI drivers (neither the driver on your CD nor ATI driver for IPG @ ati.com has the right driver for your x800).

Try to install the latest RADEON drivers from ATI (I think it is at ver 6.3)

no, im not running the onboard x300. trust me. the x800 is working fine, and I never downloaded the IGP drivers, only the chipset ones. anyways, still trying to fix the mem settings..

My mem runs fine at 1T at 2-3-2-6. I just installed the motherboard IGP drivers from ATI.com. I downloaded the Catalyst 6.3 but it was unnecessary because everything was running fine after the motherboard driver install.

would a 7800 gt just as good in this mobo as say the tforce6100-939? I was about to order this board but then my brother said that it wont work as well with my 7800 gt because it has ATI onboard graphics. Is this true or is my older bro retarded?

that is false info your bro is giving you. if it were that way then ati would lose customers and thats not smart for business. it will work regardless of what video card brand you use, whether it be ati or nvidia. just in some cases if you use a ati card with a rs482 mobo with intergrated graphics you can use surround view (i think thats what it's called) to hook up 3 monitors. same with nvidia, you cant do that if your onboard vid is ati and your primary vid is nvidia, same way the other way too.

Now he says that ATI chipset drivers are usually crap anways. Is there any truth to this over nVidia drivers or is my brother being an nvidia whore?

Just ignore him mate and do what you want to do. The board is as quick as the nForce 61x0 series boards but so far a more consistent clocker.

I expect he believes ATi cards don't run in nVidia chipset mobos :p

taco1435 said:
Now he says that ATI chipset drivers are usually crap anways. Is there any truth to this over nVidia drivers or is my brother being an nvidia whore?
There were some issues with the first round of ATi chipsets. There were also some issues with the original nForce. All those issues have been sorted out. This board will make you very happy.

finally have this board working or should i say semi working . my problem is this 3/2 memory divider not working correctly . is it me or is there some sort of magic to this?

Jen

you have to manually set the timing on a divider if they are left on auto they tighten, also there is a new official bios out that takes care of this problem

killzone said:
you have to manually set the timing on a divider if they are left on auto they tighten, also there is a new official bios out that takes care of this problem

currently useing the 209 bios ,

timings i will see if i can do anything there to make this work

hugs

Jen

taco1435 said:

I have 2 nForce Computers and 1 ATI RS482 which is this motherboard. Its a great board with no problems drivers and onboard video work great. There isn't anyway you could go wrong with this motherboard. I haven't tried an nVidia card in this board but I do have a x1900xtx.

Jen said:
currently useing the 209 bios ,

timings i will see if i can do anything there to make this work

hugs

Jen

tried memory timings still reverts back to 200 fsb , memory at 266 when i try to overclock it. i dont know what to set the other timings to

Jen

Anyone tried the latest official bios? I would but my system is down for the time being.

killzone said:

bios link is craped out, any other links?

Fits fine :D
RS482infinity3.JPG

Diff angles:
http://crazyangel.ultra-gamers.com/PC/RS482infinity4.JPG
http://crazyangel.ultra-gamers.com/PC/RS482infinity5.JPG

Am waiting for my refund from newegg before I can purchase my qpack :(
So right now my mobo is sleeping in a cardboard box (carefully protected with static bags etc) under my bed awaiting its judgement day (hopefully some day next week)

Honestly I see no reason why it should not fit.

I have one and the Thermalright SL-120 also fits, even if you have a case with zero clearance above the edge of the mobo. Barely.

good to know the 7000 clears the ram. Now to ask, will the 7700 or the Blue Orb II fit? I'm still undecided on which one to get.

I have corsair XMS ram too, 2x512 in the first two slots. No, I don't have a camera ATM.

Daravon said:
I have corsair XMS ram too, 2x512 in the first two slots. No, I don't have a camera ATM.

The XMS PRO with the Actitivity lights?

Mine rubs on the heatsink and kind of leans over.

Back