Does Pos or Neg air pressure with this case matter?

theDeviL

Limp Gawd
sweetpic1.jpg

I just got a Jonsbo W2 that I plan on doing a water loop on. but I was to basically setup 3 rads (2 x 240mm + 1 x 120mm) all blowing out of the case. This I know will create negative pressure but does it matter much in this case considering the height and exposed vents in the PCI sheilds?

I generally prefer a bit of positive pressure in the case. It tends to push dust out of the case seams.
With negative pressure, the thing becomes a vacuum for all the nearby dust.

Usually, the reason why people use pos pressure is because that way one can be sure that all intake air is filtered, if one is using filters on intake fans/radiators. It should stay close to "balanced" pressure, as that way one would get less restriction in that system. Now in this case, there is a high chance that the total area of your 5 fans will be much larger than the total area of all the grilles etc. that can intake air. That means it will create extra obstruction for intake air and hinder airflow.
TL;DR - you should aim for a slight positive pressure in the case (3 fans intake, preferrably with dust filters, 2 fans exhaust) for optimum temperatures and least amount of dust. All exhaust setup will work, but will collect a lot of dust and will not perform as well.

I will also add that with positive pressure, the air density is going to be slightly higher.

The higher the air density, the better it will absorb heat, thus lowering your component temperatures.

Back