Dude Recived 2 9600GT by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. it all good.there are some mean poeple in this world but if your going to post make sure your really be clear with us because befor you post and giveing some pictures front and back side to side even model chip S/N. noone is that good at hacking yet by looking at the numbers they just wanted to know that the next card yes/no mabe i don't know some say wow some cry and said why so big and taken so much room for half of heatstink in the card of the PCB,.look alittle fliped casing around heatstink someone made and got away with that model.lol and more.o wel that sucks that you couldn't to get it to work wondering what was worng with it any idea? have you test it out?

I understand. it all good.there are some mean poeple in this world but if your going to post make sure your really be clear with us because befor you post and giveing some pictures front and back side to side even model chip S/N. noone is that good at hacking yet by looking at the numbers they just wanted to know that the next card yes/no mabe i don't know some say wow some cry and said why so big and taken so much room for half of heatstink in the card of the PCB,.look alittle fliped casing around heatstink someone made and got away with that model.lol and more.o wel that sucks that you couldn't to get it to work wondering what was worng with it any idea? have you test it out?

xazax, I think you're full of it.

You very well may have 9600 GTs.

But don't tell me that current listing on ebay isn't you. I don't believe it for one second.

And as far as you having your own thread locked on techpowerup, I think it makes you look even more guilty.

A person who is really speaking (or posting) the truth doesn't give a crap what anyone else says or posts.

lol at blurry pictures

also he can change the cards bios....

i havent read the whole thread so no meanness...

Those are the worst fucking pictures I've ever seen. The camera phone I bought for $20 5 years ago takes better pictures. Unless this guy is an epileptic with the first digital camera ever invented, I don't know how its possible to take such awful shots. I call BS-ish. Some of them look real but again, THOSE PICTURES ARE WORTHLESS ON ACCOUNT OF SUCKING.

Hi, this is Xazax the same over at TPT who got the cards just wanted to chime in here seeing as the topic is spreading like disease over everything Tech forum, the card i had were confirmed 9600GT's im sorry for the blurry pics as i really cant take good pics and the camera was pretty shitty there is one good non-less blurry pic of the PCB number on the back of the board which u can see confirms it as a 9600GT, these are no longer in my possession as i have given them to a PCper Admin for testing and benching as i could not use them for myself and there where quite worthless to me, as i only wanted to play Crysis and Company of Heroes with what i was hoping would be 8800GT's in SLI but alas much to my surprise they were 9600GT's :( not that it was bad thing, as i held a sweet card in my hands with much glee but whats going on with so much has overwhelmed me and i intend not to post such listing.

What was interesting was I was the first caller/respondent for that CL posting, but I didn't follow-through in driving over there (which really lost my interest), but I wouldn't know what would be going on with the cards had I got them anyway. My intentions were for the same reason, but I was only interested in one. So yeah, sorry that you had to get overwhelmed but you did make some money so hopefully that's enough to compensate for your really intended to get. I heard a different story than the journalist one nonetheless. I think a lot of people overreact too much, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions, good luck and take care.

One note I'd like to ad is, for us, living in the bay area, incidents like these happen often. We're in the headquarters of the silicon valley where many of the tech-related companies are located. Intel in Santa Clara, AMD in Sunnyvale, Cisco in San Francisco, Creative Labs in Milpitas (and other cities nearby), ASUS in Fremont, Nvidia in San Jose, Seagate, Western Digital, Corsair, Via in Fremont...the endless list goes on.

As for the other listing on ebay, this is what the other person said:
xaglx of tweaktown said:
So I posted the two cards on ebay - I have actually gotten an email purporting to be from an Nvidia associate asking me where I got the cards, but all I know is that I got them from a guy off craigslist.

After some googling - it seems that some people have already been arguing about a pair of 9600GTs also obtained via craigslist. Just for clarification - I am not Xazaz (the poster of the other pair of 9600GTs).

It is a huge coincidence (and only mere coincidence) that we both have screen names that have X's in them and both our ebay names have "marine" in them - mine is because I used to play Warhammer 40k.. not sure about the other guy. The similarities are only coincidence, however, and are actually kind of freaky to me.....

It sounds legit to me...here were a few of the listings that other one could be since it was Foster City, CA and Sactown:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sys/533199922.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/sys/535443102.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/539636480.html

From one of the calls I made over the weekend, I talked with one of the individual and asked where the cards came from (now keep in mind these may not be the ones everyone is talking about), but I asked which company/manufacturer made the card since there were no stickers on it (which what i was looking for, and OEM nvidia 8800GT), and he said he got it from a friends Father who worked at Dell who is an engineer/technician (not too sure) there and was testing those cards out.

my question is regardless of anythin if they are real 9600gt's what drivers could be used?

this whole operation of 9600gt is fishy. supposedly 2-3 sets of these cards are out and no one else has come forth with eveidence.

someones got their thumb on the bs button

Even with that explanation, this reeks of BS.

BullShit.jpg
: that pretty much sums it up

Meh. The 9600GT is mid-range at best. If it's true the guy got ripped off, but who would raid a lab for mid-range cards?

I heard it was the same guy who raided a lemonade stand and was upset he only got two dollars and fifty three cents from the kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back