Dude Recived 2 9600GT by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
fixed
sta60054yw5.jpg

How are people this F'n stupid with a camera. I mean do they wipe their ass with the lens first.

Hmm, I live in the same town as him.

He's is going to have much trouble selling those on ebay with zero feedback and bad grammar.

Hmm, I live in the same town as him.

He's is going to have much trouble selling those on ebay with zero feedback and bad grammar.

I live in Elk Grove too. I would have ran my ass over to his pad and snapped up some decent pics. I call bullshit on this. As soon as people started questioning the authenticity of the cards, he magically sells them and is no longer in "possession" of them. Give me a break. And what so called journalist in the Sacramento area has two of these given to him that he can sell them on CL?

For $1000?

not sure, he hasn't said yet. he ended his ebay auction and sold them to the admin of some forum. he claims the admin confirmed they are 9600GT's and even that the admin emailed pics to an nv rep who further confirmed authenticity. who knows...could all just be BS.

Legit or not, Ryan will get tons of hits on his site once he posts results.
$630 for sub $400 worth of cards...

That wouldn't be a bad deal at all except Ryan is paying a total of $630 for both cards.

He will pay $300 first, when he gets the cards then he will pay the rest. If it is me, I won't pay the rest if the cards are not 9600GTs.

My guess is he paid part first with the mention of no final payment if bogus.

Where are you guys getting the other guy is paying in 2 payments and the amount they where bought for? is there another thread im missing?

According to the OP of the thread in question the new owner already has them and has confirmed their legit.

Where are you guys getting the other guy is paying in 2 payments and the amount they where bought for? is there another thread im missing?

According to the OP of the thread in question the new owner already has them and has confirmed their legit.

From me pfunkman, It was posted on PCPerspective where Xazax has a running thread. See my previous post for a link to thread or see link below. The actual post stating the method and payment amounts was in this thread but was later removed by a Mod saying that "Ryan's arrangement's shouldn't be public concern" .....

http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php?p=4200262&postcount=31

Unfortunately he did this after I already posted the info here, otherwise I may not have.

From me pfunkman, It was posted on PCPerspective where Xazax has a running thread. See my previous post for a link to thread or see link below. The actual post stating the method and payment amounts was in this thread but was later removed by a Mod saying that "Ryan's arrangement's shouldn't be public concern" .....

http://forums.pcper.com/showpost.php?p=4200262&postcount=31

Unfortunately he did this after I already posted the info here, otherwise I may not have.

Ahh now it makes more sense. Thanks honestjohn.

BTW any speculation as to when well be seeing some benches from them?

Ahh now it makes more sense. Thanks honestjohn.

BTW any speculation as to when well be seeing some benches from them?

Haven't a clue. But I'm sure the guys itching to get his hands on that money as fast as he can. Guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Jesus H. Christ that guy is a bad photographer. I don't think I could take worse photographs if I tried.

he has clearier pictures on another forum and I compared the Cooler design to other 8800GT also. so it could either be the newly design coolers thats on the 8800GT's the ones with the bigger fans. Because thats what it looks like.Or hes really lucky and really do have two 9600GTs.

But the only way we know for sure is if the 9600GT's Come out and look like those pictures.

Or if he get ahold of the 171 series of drivers.

I find it funny that he would get these cards, know what they are, and not know how to use a damn camera. Also: why would he tear the heatsink off it first thing out of the box? o well...

I thought PCperspective bought them? WTF is he pulling?

Ebay user name and location are different then the first auction. The name is similar to the first auction, so it looks like someone is trying to pull a scam using the pics and info from the first thread.

Ebay user name and location are different then the first auction. The name is similar to the first auction, so it looks like someone is trying to pull a scam using the pics and info from the first thread.

I dont know it seems a little too coincidental that both locations are less than 2 hours apart. He could have just logged in to an older account of his.

This dude needs banned from the internet.

Someone needs to contact him from nVidia and screw with him..

I dont know it seems a little too coincidental that both locations are less than 2 hours apart. He could have just logged in to an older account of his.

Agreed, mentioned this on another forum. Could be a very clever plan just to get some sales traffic going for his internet auction(s). Perhaps we should stop posting links to them and giving him free advertising .....

wel to me all thoes picture and at ebay look like the fan case need to flip around so your blow the core kinda does look like someone added fan case from G92 but truned upside down.kinda does look fake in away werid or not who knows.somone rich want to try it out lol.

Agreed, mentioned this on another forum. Could be a very clever plan just to get some sales traffic going for his internet auction(s). Perhaps we should stop posting links to them and giving him free advertising .....

Check out the auction now,

Q: After a quick google, you've posted about these cards all over the internet - on some of these pages you claim to have even sold the cards already!

A: The cards you are talking about are from a different person - please note that the pictures I took and posted on my forum are MUCH clearer than those of

So to sum it up according to this he got his the EXACT same way the original guy did (Supposedly bought 8800GT's and got 9600GT's off CL). This guys nick on Tweaktown is Xaglx and ebay name is space_marine41, while the original guys nick on TPU is Xazax and ebay name is marine172. This guy lives in sacramento according to his e-bay profile while the original lives less than 2 hours away in Elk grove.

You would have to be a flipping retard to not see somethings going on here... The real question in my mind is what and why.

Hi, this is Xazax the same over at TPT who got the cards just wanted to chime in here seeing as the topic is spreading like disease over everything Tech forum, the card i had were confirmed 9600GT's im sorry for the blurry pics as i really cant take good pics and the camera was pretty shitty there is one good non-less blurry pic of the PCB number on the back of the board which u can see confirms it as a 9600GT, these are no longer in my possession as i have given them to a PCper Admin for testing and benching as i could not use them for myself and there where quite worthless to me, as i only wanted to play Crysis and Company of Heroes with what i was hoping would be 8800GT's in SLI but alas much to my surprise they were 9600GT's :( not that it was bad thing, as i held a sweet card in my hands with much glee but whats going on with so much has overwhelmed me and i intend not to post such listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back