E6300 Overclocks - Please Share Yours

Actually that looks like a future chip for my sons board , i will be looking into buying one of these when they hit the shelves , look nice the E4200. Work with existing boards , nice.

Jodiuh said:
What ram is this? The 4.4.4.12 with Black spreaders? What VDIMM are you running? How bout voltage on the mobo?

Yes you are correct; I have it running at 2.1v, and the CPU at 3.9 in bios.

provoko said:
Wow. Is it the ram, or can call value ram OC high with intel chips?

I'm not sure about that, but I'd say this ram is underrated, although scientificTHEgreat has had great success with lower speed rated memory as well.

My machine is perfectly stable at 450FSB although when I try to go much higher I get major stability issues. I can boot into windows at 458FSB even after being on for a while, although I get rounding errors when priming and cannot get into 3d-games. Desktop applications work fine :( I have tried raising the Vdimm, Vcpu, fsb voltage and chipset voltage and although after doing all that I can run synthetic benchmarks, I still cannot play 3D games because of hard lockups.

Are there any other settings I could try, or do I just need to raise the voltage up more? Temperature is not an issue except on the northbridge as I am running watercooling.

Not 4hr primed yet, but looks like I'm pretty stable at 460x7=3220 @ 1.38v Corsair XMS6400C4 (5-7-7-23 @ 920Mhz) on Gigabyte DS3 with F4 bios, intel stock cooler @ 47c I/51c L (fan control off)

E6300 SL9SA MALAY week code 625 (zzf 8/14)

I agree that this chip is the new 300A, back in those days it was quite something to get 150Mhz xtra out of a chip, now its almost 1.5Ghz amazing stuff. Although its a little hard to watch this $500 setup superpi at 18 seconds when my near $1k Opteron 170 @ 2500 can barely break 25...

Awesome proc. Whole new ballgame here.

istymie said:
...ntel stock cooler @ 47c I/51c L (fan control off)

Rig in sig @ 32c I/48c L...those are some interesting temps there. 4c between idle and load...sure that's not 61c L? I'm on a Zalman 9500 here and you're freakin' me out. :eek:

Got my 6300 in last night for a little testing. No screenshots or anything but I was able to reach the max of an unmodded Intel Bad Axe of 400FSB without touching the vcore. 2800MHz and it was ready for more. :eek: Uneventful really....so it looks like I'm either waiting for an RD600 or maybe pick up one of these DQ6's.

CPU is a L626Axxx. Core temp was showing 34-35 idle and 41 load under Swiftech Storm on a custom loop. Very impressive little bugger and it's a shame that I don't have a board that will put it to good use yet.

3D06: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=438989

3D01: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9028548

I had the chance to play with my new 6300 setup last night and am very satisfied. No records broken here, but I was just looking to hit 3GHz and did so on the first shot with no further tweaking necessary. Really too easy...

Retail E6300
Gigabyte DS3 w/ F4 bios

3003 MHz (7x429)
1.32 Volts
G.Skill 2GBPK 2x1GB @ 2.0v 5-4-4-12
Stock Cooling
..47-49C Idle
..57-60C Load

VCore voltage is set to stock 1.3125v and readings vary from 1.33 to 1.31 depending on load. F4 bios for the DS3 was automatically increasing voltage up to ~1.41 volts when first overclocked, but this was disabled by changing the vcore setting from auto to the desired voltage in the bios. I haven't tried any other FSB and probably will not push it any further due to my lack of cooling (other than maybe trying 2.1 vdimm to get 4-4-4-12)

Moddest Mouse said:
could i get to 3ghz (on the ds3) using this ram: OCZ platinum 800mhz 4-5-4-15 ? its 2*1gigs

Shouldn't be a problem if you have a good overclocking board that doesn't have issues with that memory.

scientificTHEgreat said:
Just for good fun I have decided to up the Mhz on my 6300 to surpass Kyle!

See ya Kyle :)

It's only going to go higher

PS no phase cooling allowed!

Are driving a Chevy there?
:D

Dan_D said:
Same here. I later moved to the 300A, but I went through three chips before I found one that would run stable at 450MHz believe it or not. For some reason I can easily find processors that won't OC for crap.

Like the Pentium 4 "Northwood" 2.4C I had that couldn't do anything higher than 2.6GHz.

Now my buddy Dave don't have to think he got the worse one. His only did something like 2.66GHz;) The next 15 or so we saw overclocked with Air coolers, the next slowest was a little over 3GHz. The best was 3.3+GHz.

Old Celerons? Nope was too happy with my P3-450 at 564MHz LOL! The cacheless Celerons stunk/Sucked and etc.....Celeron A with 128K wasn't bad though.

Nitron said:
What kind of system memory are you guys doing this on?

OCZ PC8500, great stuff, will do 1250 at 5-5-6-15 at 2.35V. Runs at 5-4-4-10 at 1000 all day long on 2.275~2.3V, no issue doing 900 at 4-3-3-8 either. It will run 4-4-4-9 at 1000 but will fail dual Prime95 after a few hours, still stable as hell.

Here's mine! :D

e6300.jpg

So, do you need DDR2-800 or 1000 to get high FSB on DS3, because you can't set memory to run slower than FSB? And with i975 you can do that, right?
I'm building a new rig here.

Is 6300 multiplier unlocked?

schriss said:
So, do you need DDR2-800 or 1000 to get high FSB on DS3, because you can't set memory to run slower than FSB?

Is 6300 multiplier unlocked?

Bingo. DDR2-800 to hit FSB 400 = 2800 on the E6300...900 for 3150...1000 for 3500. My ram couldn't break 900, so I was stuck @ 3150. Chip had default Vcore, so I knew it had more in her. But I got a 6400 for $10 bucks more and that gave me the extra +1 multi lovin.

6300 multi unlocked down on DS3, so you've got 6 or 7 to play with.

chrisf6969 said:
Yeah, but "real-world" when you jack up the resolution and AA/AF, all those
chips / mobo combo's you bencmarked (in the Giga review today) are
going to be about the same +- a few fps, so why bother upgrading your rig. :)

j/k!! :p

I'm starting to wish I had gotten an e6300.
I'll have new ram in tomorrow, to see if thats
whats holding my e6600 back at 2.75Ghz.
http://www.crowdcontrolusa.com/overclock/shizzy3.html (old pics, but new benchmarks)

BTW, NICE OC, Sifulee!!

Good points. Seriously though, I feel as though I am in a better place to comment on it if I am actually using it.

Also, the E6300 seems to be the first OCed processor I would run in my primary system in a long time. Damn, it was rock friggin solid and pretty cool to boot.

chrisf6969 said:
Yeah, but "real-world" when you jack up the resolution and AA/AF, all those
chips / mobo combo's you bencmarked (in the Giga review today) are
going to be about the same +- a few fps, so why bother upgrading your rig. :)

j/k!! :p

I'm starting to wish I had gotten an e6300.
I'll have new ram in tomorrow, to see if thats
whats holding my e6600 back at 2.75Ghz.
http://www.crowdcontrolusa.com/overclock/shizzy3.html (old pics, but new benchmarks)

BTW, NICE OC, Sifulee!!

You might want to check your cooling. At 3 GHz I get 55-56 C degrees max with CoreTemp reading with 1.325 volts. This may contribute to limit your OC.

Guys, I really need help bad. :(

I've bought a Conroe setup with overclocking first in mind, and I can only get up to 380x7 stable. :( I've tried giving vcore 1.4, but even then I can't Prime at 400x7 for more than like 15 minutes. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to adjust chipset voltage because I can't find the setting, and I don't know if I even want to because my NB heatsink will burn my finger if I touch it. Thanks in advance.

kelim said:
Guys, I really need help bad. :(

I've bought a Conroe setup with overclocking first in mind, and I can only get up to 380x7 stable. :( I've tried giving vcore 1.4, but even then I can't Prime at 400x7 for more than like 15 minutes. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to adjust chipset voltage because I can't find the setting, and I don't know if I even want to because my NB heatsink will burn my finger if I touch it. Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like you need to cool down the NB a bit ?

Try getting a Zalman / Thermalright / Vantec / Whatever aftermarket northbridge cooler and cool that sucker down.

Or else mount a fan somehow to have it blowing down onto the NB

I just ordered a 6300 and the Asrock 775Dual-VSTA (need my AGP!). I'll be using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro to cool it and the system will be rounded out by some Geil DDR 400, 6800GS AGP, and a number of IDE drives. I expect I'll have some interesting results. It should be very interesting to see what, if any, OC I can pull out of this setup.

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
Try getting a Zalman / Thermalright / Vantec / Whatever aftermarket northbridge cooler and cool that sucker down.

...or one of these.

IMG_1164.jpg

Forcetake Jing Ting

It's nice because you can rotate it after mounting. Definitely a big help with these mondo cpu sinks. It feels warm as opposed to the scalding, plasma throwing stock cooler on the DS3. :D You can find more shots in this XS post.

blurp said:
You might want to check your cooling. At 3 GHz I get 55-56 C degrees max with CoreTemp reading with 1.325 volts. This may contribute to limit your OC.

Yeah, I'm at 3Ghz at 1.35v, though I'm going to play around a little bit more to see where I can get it up to.

It just seems weird how high I can push and run SuperPi,Prime8kTTF, or other benchmarks, but Prime LargeTTF test fails much faster all over the place. I've had a much harder time figuring out where my problem is with this Core2 system than all of my other systems in the past. Part of the problem is there's nothing slower than 1:1 ratio, to truly take the ram out of the equation.

I like to lower CPU ratio & ram ratios then try to find the boards limit. But I'm kind of questioning the ram, just b/c the 965 boards seem to be pretty hard on ram, and often require higher timings than on a 975 board.

I'm pretty sure its my northbridge, not liking the high FSB. B/c the MCH voltage has been the biggest factor in stability. Anything besides +.1v it errors out in Prime fast.

kelim said:
How are you guys adjusting MCH volts?

the Gigabyte boards have it in the bios settings from the main bios menu hit Ctrl + F1 to enable the "hidden" settings in the MIT menu where you will find MCH voltage.

I do hit CTRL+F1 when I enter my BIOS, but I'm not getting any MCH settings at all. I'm using F4E.

Skrying said:
I just ordered a 6300 and the Asrock 775Dual-VSTA (need my AGP!). I'll be using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro to cool it and the system will be rounded out by some Geil DDR 400, 6800GS AGP, and a number of IDE drives. I expect I'll have some interesting results. It should be very interesting to see what, if any, OC I can pull out of this setup.

DDR400 means 200MHz, so with this RAM it may not be possible to hit high FSB, right?

schriss said:
DDR400 means 200MHz, so with this RAM it may not be possible to hit high FSB, right?

Dividers I assume. From what I read it does not hurt performance to use DDR400.

Anandtech took a look at the memory performance with the Asrock board all the way down to DDR 333(!!) and they have shown that performance is nearly identical (within error margin) to that of DDR-533 and DDR-667: http://anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2810&p=1

Anandtech has done a series of articles on this board, and all have been glowingly positive. Decent OC results (for no voltage adjustment) and great compatibility and performance for the price, plus it has the full AGP slot and the PCIe at 4x only has only shown at maximum a 10% loss on top end cards.

Legit Reviews posted a review today of the board and once again they had very good things to say, though there OCing was not good at all. http://www.legitreviews.com/article/377/1/

I must say though, I just want this board to have a massive upgrade path. I'll jump to PCIe and DDR2 when the money comes, but I have no need to with this board.

Hi everyone, I'm puting together a e6300 system and I was wondering what speed you leave them at for 24/7 use? How much faster is this setup compared to a [email protected]?

I haven't had a Intel machine since 1998. I'm tired of all the problems with AMDs chipset providers. I would like system that just works........

I'm getting these.
My biggest concern is the memory choice, how high do you think this stuff will go and be stable?

Ds3
E6300 or E6400
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820220095
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811112065
Swiftech water setup w/triple 120mm Rad. $300+

Thanks....

I'm running my E6300 at 2.8GHz 400 x 7. I don't think my Patriot 667 ram will go any higher than 800. I'll buy new ram once the prices come down.

Lyquist

this is the highest i've managed so far, but it wasnt stable

3300.png

im stable right now at 3.2GHz, 460fsb, i think hit the wall on my ram

Lyquist said:
I'm running my E6300 at 2.8GHz 400 x 7. I don't think my Patriot 667 ram will go any higher than 800. I'll buy new ram once the prices come down.

Lyquist

my Patriot can go up to 1000. but I am running at 430 x 7 for 24/7 usage.

Just built my rig in the sig.. i've got it at 325x7 with the intel fan, and with prime95 running the highest temp ive seen is 52c.. seems to be running like a charm, although my computer does sit on top of a 24/7 running a/c unit so who knows...

mjd1964 said:
Hi everyone, I'm puting together a e6300 system and I was wondering what speed you leave them at for 24/7 use? How much faster is this setup compared to a [email protected]?

I've noticed a tremendous increase in video encoding, no difference in gaming, and a modest increase in "smoothness." Oh and the ability to whip out the ewee and lay the smack down in benchies. Who doesn't like watching super PI run faster than their old proc, eh?! :D :D

Back