EVGA GeForce GTX260 Core 216-55nm $149.99 AR @ eWiz

link for cashback
https://ssl.search.live.com/cashback/go?c=291708

ewiz is under superbiiz store for 5% CB

Okay so this 5% off is on the pre-shipped price (before or after $10 discount?) and shows up somewhere in the next 60 days....... so I bit as they did honor the discount code (started my cart when I first saw it and have been hemming and hawing 'til now). Now I just hope the 5% shows up to show the wife before she takes my head and evga does the rebate quickly.

Had been watching a couple of items on the bay but decided to try this as warranty would seem to be more secure and I get the 90 day upgrade thingy.

tax + no free ship + already have fc2 + no interest in cod5 + evga processes my rebates pretty quickly = new egg XFX GTX 260 meh.

wish I knew about the code = grrrr

If you're talking about the $10 discount code you can enter it before you have to commit to see if they'll take, plus calculate the shipping before doing anything.

If you're talking about the $10 discount code you can enter it before you have to commit to see if they'll take, plus calculate the shipping before doing anything.

I already ordered b4 everyone bc it's my thread and i wanted to make sure I got mine b4 u
but now i want the code god damn it give me the code. it was only 10 for ground ship but i won't get it for liek a month now i watn teh code

:rolleyes::D;):p

Got a question now about the rebate........ my invoice does not list the evga part number and when I went back to look again at the rebate form IT ISN'T THERE!!! Good thing I printed it before hand, but does that now mean no rebate?!? :mad:

I got in while the $10 off code was valid.. basically paid for the shipping.. stellar deal glad I jumped when I did..

Anyone want an eVGA 8800GT with a DuOrb? ;)

Okay so this 5% off is on the pre-shipped price (before or after $10 discount?) and shows up somewhere in the next 60 days....... so I bit as they did honor the discount code (started my cart when I first saw it and have been hemming and hawing 'til now). Now I just hope the 5% shows up to show the wife before she takes my head and evga does the rebate quickly.

Had been watching a couple of items on the bay but decided to try this as warranty would seem to be more secure and I get the 90 day upgrade thingy.

5% off after coupon.

I got in while the $10 off code was valid.. basically paid for the shipping.. stellar deal glad I jumped when I did..

Hope you got your copy of the rebate for as it has disappeared from the site.

Anyone want an eVGA 8800GT with a DuOrb? ;)

For me it'll be a 4870 1GB, 9800GTX+, and 2 x 8800GTs! :eek: :D That "domestic tranquility" thing..........

5% off after coupon.

Still $8 so if everything works final cost is $142.60, I'll be happy if I live long enough.

why would anyone get this instead of the 4890 for $207 at tiger direct

Tiger Direct, it will be $60ish less and easier to get past the wife, Tiger Direct, right now nvidia folds better, Tiger Direct, 55nm tech, oh by the way did I say Tiger Direct?

1. because this card trades blows with the HD 4890, OC's well and is $50-70 cheaper.

2. there is no 4890 @ Tiger Direct for $207 (unless you're talking about cashback or something.)

Being $50-60 cheaper probably has something to do with it... A 4890 vs a 4870/GTX 260 isn't a very large jump in performance, 'specially at 1920x1200 or under, at best it gets you a better level of AA in most games...

1. because this card trades blows with the HD 4890, OC's well and is $50-70 cheaper.

no... it doesnt??? it trades blows with the 4870 at 1GB, the 4890 trades blows with the 280, besting it in most categories

2. there is no 4890 @ Tiger Direct for $207 (unless you're talking about cashback or something.)

yes live cashback like this thread is talking about

no... it doesnt??? it trades blows with the 4870 at 1GB, the 4890 trades blows with the 280, besting it in most categories

umm...wha?

http://hothardware.com/Articles/ATI-Radeon-HD-4890-RV790-Unveiled/?page=6

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/ATIHD4890launch/14.html

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...65-sapphire-radeon-hd-4890-1gb-review-20.html

Trust me, no matter what online reviews say anyway, I know enough about all these high-to-mainstream cards to know...a 4890 isn't worth $50-$70 dollars more than good core 216. Call me back when they're $179.

Trust you..? OLoololol. Since when did you become an authority figure w/ the know it all? Trust me, I know nuff bout the world that it's ending!.

Trust me, no matter what online reviews say anyway, I know enough about all these high-to-mainstream cards to know...a 4890 isn't worth $50-$70 dollars more than good core 216. Call me back when they're $179.

I guess it depends on what $50-70 is worth to you, heh, but even [H]'s own evaluation bore that out... It's definitely not an upgrade worth considering for current 4870 owners, and for gaming at 1920x1200 or less it's only worth it if you really have the cash to throw around as all it really gets you is more AA in some games and absolutely nada in others where a 4870/GTX 260 already maxes everything. If you're gaming on a 30" display or you're just flush you might as well invest in SLI/CF instead (and you'd get more bang for the buck w/SLI'd GTX 260s, heh).

What's amazing is that even at $230 a 4890 is still very well priced, relatively speaking, a GTX 260 at $140-160 is just a steal... It would've seemed like a pipe dream two years ago when ATI was down for the count and the best mid-range card available was an 8800GTS for close to $300. :p Hell, a couple months ago even 4850's weren't as cheap as a GTX 260 is now, we're definitely seeing some of the best performance for the money in a long long time.

Hope you got your copy of the rebate for as it has disappeared from the site.

Thank G*D for browser history... type in "www.e" and the eWiz rebate page was still in there.. printing it as we speak ;)

I could re-host the rebate if anybody wants it

tigerdirect had this deal for long time during march, except its xfx. with $2 shipping.

Turns out after a phone call that the unit is on backorder but should be in "tomorrow" and will auto ship. Hummmm.........:rolleyes: ;) :D

well i put the deal on this forum back in march, so does some other members. not really my fault if u didn't see it.

I'm in for one, the coupon code BOGOBUY10 still works for the $10 off. Came out to be $170 shipped. Great deal, should be quite an upgrade from my 7900 GTO.

I'm in for one, the coupon code BOGOBUY10 still works for the $10 off. Came out to be $170 shipped. Great deal, should be quite an upgrade from my 7900 GTO.

Good to hear as that is what I got mine for and yes they told me it shipped today, even though ups doesn't think so! :rolleyes:

You will really see the diff over the 7900. All I did mine for was to replace a 4870 1GB for folding. Saddens me ATI hasn't gotten their drivers setup for folding as they were the 1st. :(

You'll have to allow up to 60 days as they account for the possible return....not a quick turn around on that one! :(

yeah i know about 60 days,
but usually after 48 hours they posted the status.

as for now i dont see any transaction from ewiz.

last time i bought from buy.com, MS literally posted "my 60 days status" within 5-10 min after submitting the order.

Usually is instantly shown on your account, but sometimes can take up to 2 days. If you don't see it after 2 days, e-mail them and they'll usually respond. If not just keep e-mailing; if it wasn't for my fourth e-mail complaint I don't think I would've gotten my $75 CB :)

Nothing shows in my account, then again that may be because the unit wasn't shipped until the 10th as a back order.........so I won't see it 'til next Friday!! :( The card that is.

Back