EVGA RMA replacement a rip off?

evga previously approved the stepup for my card. it doesn't matter what the policy is in this instance because if it was eligible for stepup before (which it was) there should be no problem this time.
i think you are wrong.

hmmm whats this? :)
DSCF0069-1.jpg

DSCF0070-2.jpg
:D

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0072-1.jpg

DSCF0073-2.jpg

now all i need is a new northbridge heatsink and to get a second soyo 24" along with 2 monitor arms for them :D. triple monitor goodness :cool:. already have a 7600gt up for the second and third monitor :cool:

sorry haters :p, stepup is a success! :) :D :cool:

it was all thanks to my friend who frequents this forum:)

Looks to me like the resurrection of a 3 week old thread detailing the fact Evga caved x 2. But that's just me....

I guess this comment has been thrown out the window?

its not like this thread was 3 years old.

no my comment has not been thrown out the window. it was a hassle that could have been avoided with better customer service, but it ended well, so i'm good. oh well. i will try the new card once i get the new harddrives tmw :). i'll put them both in at once :)

Hey, I just want to mention that my lone RMA experience with EVGA was outstanding. My 680i died a month ago, and while I try to maintain backups and spares such that I won't be screwed if a part dies, I had just started on a new development project and several important files were located on a hard drive array tied to the motherboard's RAID controller (and for some reason I didn't have them in source control.) As I didn't have a spare 680i, I needed a working replacement as soon as possible. After explaining the situation, they were gracious enough to offer me a cross-shipped advanced RMA, and after explaining that they were backed up on RMA shipments due to being closed for the holidays, they added overnight shipping (all at no charge.)

EVGA has proven their excellent reputation in my book. Outstanding support from such a small company. Best yet, the RMA replacement board is proving to be a keeper. Even when OC'd, the mcp temp remains just below 50c, which is very cool (for a 680i mcp) with only the stock fan attached. From everything I've seen and read, a cool MCP = stable and long lasting 680i.

Back