Exchange WinXP 32 bit for WinXP 64 bit for cost of shipping

I don't think we'll see these anytime soon. Look on the bright side tho, by the time we get it, driver support should be better. :eek:

Instead of pending, mine now shows 'order accepted'

Must be a little closer.

Bah, i don't care they can ship it when they want to ship it. I'm running Xp Pro and I'm perfectly happy. I'm surely not going to notice any kind of difference in the minimal gaming etc I do.

Yay Microsoft!

It is now July, it still hasn't shipped. My 32bit PID is disabled, I am without an OS and forced to use a pirated key!

Awesome job with this! :rolleyes:

Pulsar said:
I don't think we'll see these anytime soon. Look on the bright side tho, by the time we get it, driver support should be better. :eek:

lol

they wouldn't even give me my 64bit upgrade because i purchased winxp pro through my school, in which microsoft in return gives a generic serial number that the whole school shares ! eerrr uw-milwaukee turds

OutofExile said:
Yay Microsoft!

It is now July, it still hasn't shipped. My 32bit PID is disabled, I am without an OS and forced to use a pirated key!

Awesome job with this! :rolleyes:

Are you saying that you WinXP install is now toast? They somehow disabled it when you "upgraded"?

My order is still pending and I just re-installed 32bit windows the other day with no problems. Other than talking to the nice Microsoft Rep that I couldn't understand to get the activation code since I used up all my non phone call ones.

NO FLOPPIES IN LONGHORN DAMN YOU.......YOU DAMN DIRTY APES

Has anyone else recieved this email after order placement?

We have received your order for the Windows XP Professional x64
Technology Advancement product and will be shipping your order to
you within 4-6 weeks following the approval of your credit card.
A summary of your order along with your order number is provided
below.

You may check the status of your order at any time by visiting:
www.microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64 Click on "Order Status"
on the left hand side of the page and enter your Order Number and
E-mail address. Once your order has shipped, a tracking number
will appear next to it. Click on this tracking number to link
directly to the Carrier Tracking Results Detail page where you
will find detailed shipping status information.

Note: Duties and Taxes for shipments to non-US locations are the
responsibility of the recipient.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Windows x64 Technology Advancement Team

I think I will have longhorn before x64 ships out....

I got an email today saying it ships the week of July 5 - that's this week.

Now, I put zero faith in their ship dates, but hopefully it'll ship out tomorrow.

Kevin Lowe said:
I got an email today saying it ships the week of July 5 - that's this week.

Now, I put zero faith in their ship dates, but hopefully it'll ship out tomorrow.
no such email here. i just checked the website and nothing.

Dustin

Received that email today...

Thank you for your interest,

Your order has been received. Your CD is being built and your credit card will be billed when the order ships. The product will ship the week of July 5, 2005..

Regards,

Microsoft Technology Advancement Program

---

Well, they have today and tomorrow to get orders out, so I don't know. Not that I put much faith into it anyways.

Any updates? I'd like to know whether or not to expect a CD when I get home on the 29th.

Well that explains the wait, they are making each disk individually :p

I'm in no particular hurry, the longer it takes the better the driver support will be as stated earlier. This is for my notebook and without complete driver support, it's not worth the upgrade.

OutofExile said:
Received that email today...

Your CD is being built

Well, they have today and tomorrow to get orders out, so I don't know. Not that I put much faith into it anyways.

mine's still at pending as of yesterday, hopefully when i get home from work i'll have a nice update worth checking...

if not it might be about time to throw rc2 back in because i'm about ready to trash my current xp install

You could always use the 180 day trial the MS has for free download. Tonight when I install XP 64 on my new box, that's what it's going to be until this thing ships. Most people here will probably need to format before the 180 trial is up anyways.

I hate these guys...

RE: x64 upgrade

The product is scheduled for shipment the week of July 11, 2005.

Regards,

Microsoft Technology Advancement Program

My credit card was charged $12 this morning, so it shipped either yesterday or today. Little late???

My card was just charged so it looks like these are finally going to ship!!

Just in time for my new Athlon 64 system to come in the mail.

mine just got charged as well; I just wish the new laptop I'm getting came with X64 instead...but I'll bug Acer about that.

if all else fails, I've got this x64 coming in that I can use anyway...

I just placed another order for one...hopefully it'll go through like the last one.

Check your cards again... they placed a hold for the amount, but never fully charged it. The hold was released today and the money was never charged.

EDIT: More news... just got this email.

Technology Advancement Software Order Update
msx64 [[email protected]]

Advancement Software customers. If you were using a language other than English for your previous Windows XP Professional (32-bit) installation, you may download the appropriate ISO image from the list below and install your language of choice.

CD 1: German, Japanese (448 MB ISO image)

CD 2: French, Spanish, Italian (554 MB ISO image)

CD 3: Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional (561 MB ISO image)

CD 4: Swedish (161 MB ISO image)

Note: ISO files must be burned to a CD or DVD before they can be installed on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Should you have specific questions about Windows XP Professional x64 Edition please visit: www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit

Thank you,

Microsoft Technology Advancement Team

Do not reply to this e-mail. This message was sent to you using an automated system. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies. If you need help, please contact us through one of the methods described below.

You missed this part of the email.

Microsoft said:
We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the Windows XP
Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14, 2005.

dling all the languge isos though, are these things freely availiable for all os'es? Could use some for win2k.

OutofExile said:
Advancement Software customers. If you were using a language other than English for your previous Windows XP Professional (32-bit) installation, you may download the appropriate ISO image from the list below and install your language of choice..
So, can we get some links to this software? Since they are offering DL free..

I'll get em hold on...

uh.. /legal "Only for replacement customers"

microsoft said:

I ordered on 6/15. Nothing yet. Sitll waiting. Newegg can get it out pretty fast, why not microsoft?

Lord of Shadows said:
I'll get em hold on...

uh.. /legal "Only for replacement customers"
Just a note, I got this email today too. And it really looks like nothing now that I look closer. These are the language packs that can be installed ON TOP of the os. without that they are useless.

Bah, i was all excited.

Someone mentioned above the email Microsoft send them, that was not the entire verbage of the message that I got, so here's the missing part that was not mentioned above (this was at the very top of the email):

Dear Microsoft Customer:

Thank you for your recent order for the Technology Advancement Software Kit.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14, 2005.
Can't wait for my three copies. :D

You didnt expect them to put xp64bit online for all to download did you =)

Im happy that I now have an windows os I can install in any language though.

Lord of Shadows said:
You didnt expect them to put xp64bit online for all to download did you =)

Im happy that I now have an windows os I can install in any language though.
there is a 6 month trial of the os available for dl from microsoft right now.. want me to send you a link?

Back