Exchange WinXP 32 bit for WinXP 64 bit for cost of shipping

Ive already ran the trial, big difference between a trail and full version though. Think they'll give us tracking numbers?

Lord of Shadows said:
Ive already ran the trial, big difference between a trail and full version though. Think they'll give us tracking numbers?
It seems to me on a free product they wouldn't pay the increased shipping costs to get something with tracking numbers. On the other hand, we are talking about M$ so theres no telling what they will do.

Same here. And it includes what appears to be a UPS tracking number. It's not in UPS' system yet, though, so I'll track it tomorrow and get an ETA.

Q: What will my order contain?

A: When your order arrives, you will receive a DVD case and CD with a liner that identifies the software as part of the Technology Advancement Program (e.g., “Microsoft XP Professional x64 Edition).

It does not say you will get a new key...I hope this does not mean you will use the old one :confused:

thanx

I placed 3 orders and only 1 got shipped. It was about 3 weeks between the first order and the next 2. The first order was ordered the first day the exchange program was available- they may be shipping based on when you ordered.

Scott

MoFo said:
Q: What will my order contain?

A: When your order arrives, you will receive a DVD case and CD with a liner that identifies the software as part of the Technology Advancement Program (e.g., “Microsoft XP Professional x64 Edition).

It does not say you will get a new key...I hope this does not mean you will use the old one :confused:

thanx

IMHO it is going to have to have a new key, otherwise Microsoft would have to change their key algorithms for the x64 Edition. We have the OEM versions here at work and they come in a DVD case with a DVD-style insert with the key on the inside of it. Sounds very much like what we are going to get here.

Ditto on order confirmation. I ordered the first day or two it was up. Finally, almost a year after getting an Athlon 64 :). I hope there are drivers for most of the hardware I'll use.

Huh? Wait a sec.

I've got a shipping number for it....but it's not showing up (but apparantly neither is anyone else's)

but...

I just got credited back the amount of the purchase. The original withdraw went from a "pending" status to "expired"

Does this mean I get it for free, or did my order just get cancelled?

I got the shipping notification, and UPS is showing that the package has left the station! Woohoo! :)

yeah i had the charge on July 11th for $12 and then today it was reveresed for $12

so i got the email saying it will begin shipping on July 14th, but no email of the tracking number.

what does this mean? No cd or was it free?

Farseer said:
I got the shipping notification, and UPS is showing that the package has left the station! Woohoo! :)

How are you tracking it? That is not even a valid UPS tracking number they gave us.

I had a charge earlier from microsoft which has since disappeared from my online statement. I did, however, recieve a shipping notification and the UPS tracking number is working. So, at least right now, it looks like it's free :D

hellomynameis, i had the same thing happen to me, dunno what it means aside from continuing to play the waiting game

I, too have gotten the shipping notification... however the UPS tracking # isn't working yet. :(

I also can't tell if I've been charged cuz nothing appears on my statement just yet, but I've got more than just 12.99 missing from my balance (I ordered a few things over the past few days)...

Anyway... when I get it, is it going to have my Windows XP key or whatever, or is it going to be brand new (so I can sell it)? I don't even have a 64-bit processor yet lol, so this is going to be for naught. I just wanted to see if it was real (the deal)...

The18thLetter said:
I, too have gotten the shipping notification... however the UPS tracking # isn't working yet. :(

I also can't tell if I've been charged cuz nothing appears on my statement just yet, but I've got more than just 12.99 missing from my balance (I ordered a few things over the past few days)...

Anyway... when I get it, is it going to have my Windows XP key or whatever, or is it going to be brand new (so I can sell it)? I don't even have a 64-bit processor yet lol, so this is going to be for naught. I just wanted to see if it was real (the deal)...

Q: If I submit an order for a Windows XP Professional x64 Edition can I return my 32-bit XP Professional Edition?

A: You will not be able to return your 32-bit license of Windows XP Professional. If you are uncertain on making the exchange, we recommend you try the software first by using the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial Software Program. Please see http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx for details.

when/if you get the lol will be on you :) your 32-bit key will no longer work with the 32-bit OS :) now are we getting a new key dont know yet

thanx

OutofExile said:
How are you tracking it? That is not even a valid UPS tracking number they gave us.

Umm, because the tracking number I got is working and shows the package in route.

I have been notified it will ship, but nothing on when. I am assuming that your 32 bit key will work until you install the 64 bit system and it will kill your original key that you obtained the order with and replace it with the 64 bit key....maybe that makes too much sense for a corporate mind, but we can all hope :D

MoFo said:
Q: If I submit an order for a Windows XP Professional x64 Edition can I return my 32-bit XP Professional Edition?

A: You will not be able to return your 32-bit license of Windows XP Professional. If you are uncertain on making the exchange, we recommend you try the software first by using the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial Software Program. Please see http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx for details.

when/if you get the lol will be on you :) your 32-bit key will no longer work with the 32-bit OS :) now are we getting a new key dont know yet

thanx

UPS said:
Jul 16, 2005
3:56 A.M.
1.gif

SAN PABLO, CA, US
1.gif

DEPARTURE SCAN
12:32 A.M.
1.gif
SAN PABLO, CA, US
1.gif
ARRIVAL SCAN
Jul 15, 2005
11:19 P.M.
1.gif

SUNNYVALE, CA, US
1.gif

DEPARTURE SCAN
7:28 P.M.
1.gif
SUNNYVALE, CA, US
1.gif
ORIGIN SCAN
1.gif

Same here, last week I have a charge of $12, now it's gone from my online banking system. I did get a tracking email, but UPS does not recognize that shipping number yet (been 4 days). I doubt it's free, they will recharge once it is delivered.

Hey OutofExile,

Whats the key situation? Are you using your old key or were you supplied a new one with your x64 edition?

xylenex said:
Hey OutofExile,

Whats the key situation? Are you using your old key or were you supplied a new one with your x64 edition?

Supplied a new one.

Its the same OEM sticker/COA that most computer manufacturers put on their comps.

Just got home and did a check with the UPS web page and it shows it is now in Vernon, CA (outside of Los Angeles) and should hit my town tomorrow. Cool. Still haven't seen the $12.00 charge yet but perhaps it was done a week or so, will have to check a bit further on my banking and be sure. Any way, looks like I should have it by Wednesday for sure. COOL :)

My UPS number isn't working... it does not seem like a normal UPS number though:

1Zxeaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've never seen a UPS number with 2 letters like that.

Anyone else with a similar number?

1.gif
1.gif
In Transit
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Tracking Number:
1.gif
1Z XXX XXX XX XXXX XXX X
1.gif
1.gif
Service Type:
1.gif
GROUND
1.gif
1.gif
1_gray.gif

1.gif

Package Progress:

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Date/
Time
1.gif
Activity
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Jul 18, 2005
10:49 P.M.
1.gif

SAN PABLO, CA, US
1.gif

ARRIVAL SCAN
9:41 P.M.
1.gif
SUNNYVALE, CA, US
1.gif
DEPARTURE SCAN
7:48 P.M.
1.gif
SUNNYVALE, CA, US
1.gif
ORIGIN SCAN

After I enter my tracking number, my tracking info looks exactly the same as hellomynameis.

I just got one today, another is expected at some point...

This goes with the one I got at the Tech Tour (plus the Server version). Thing is, earlier this week, I was able to get my company's VLK for it, so I really didn't need all of these "free" ones.

On top of that, I was invited to the Longhorn beta, so I will be just swimming in OS'es.

Keith

Your order for the Microsoft Windows x64 Technology Advancement
has shipped!

Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1Z0EA22xxxxxxxxxx

Just in time for my new system build.

Next few people that get shipment emails can you post when you placed the order so I know how far off I am. =)

Edit: lol I literally just got the email, checked before this post, then about 2 minutes after it arrived.

I ordered on 5/27 @ 4:03pm for anyone else as impatient as me.

Well they attempted delivery today, but since I work during the day I called and arranged for WILL CALL for tomorrow. Hot damn.

Oh, great - the people in CA are just now getting them?

I'm moving from Lafayette to Indianapolis on Thursday. I figured that since I got my email last Thursday that I was okay, but if you guys in CA are only now receiving them, I'm flat-out fucked.

Mine shipped today, not sure if I will hassle with installing it when I get it. Anyone know if driver support is finally improving (mainly for graphics cards)?

Back