Thanks for the help all. I have finished my first loop. :D

tj09_1.jpg

tj09_2.jpg

Apogee GT
MCR220 QP
D5 pump
MicroRes reservoir
7/16" ID tubing

No overclocking (...yet - E6600). Want to make sure everything is stable first. CoreTemp is giving me idle temps in the mid 20s. TAT shows loads around 40.

Yeah I've got essentially the same setup in a different case and I get about 27C idle and about 39-41 loaded and with a 7800GT in the loop. Man these TJ09's are hot, I wish they had been out when I bought my last case. Nice job man.

He said Mid 20's, could be possible with nice room temperature.

Yeah... of about 10-15'c. An idle under 30 isn't possible at stock Vcore at 18-20'c room temperature.

Since the OP's vcore is hovering around 1.22... a full .1 off of stock, I'd guess Speedstep is enabled.

That 8800 is begging to be put on water too. And Vmodded.

(I love your setup btw ;) )

I'm still kind of a noob at all this. When I first built this rig, I would run TAT and see the speedstep drop me to 1600MHz. Now it always runs at 2400MHz... I don't remember turning it off lol.

Everything I run now... CoreTemp, Speedfan, TAT always shows 2400MHz. I haven't played with voltages, overclocks etc yet.

And yeah, I would like to put the 8800 on water. I wanted to start out with the CPU only since this was my first setup. The past couple of nights I have woken up with the fear of walking in and seeing my computer full of water. :)

And yeah, I would like to put the 8800 on water. I wanted to start out with the CPU only since this was my first setup. The past couple of nights I have woken up with the fear of walking in and seeing my computer full of water. :)

Yeah... that fear never goes away either :p

Case looks really nice! Fan controller blends in nicely. How about placing the pump with the inlet facing towards the back? ie turn it 90 degrees

how did you mount the rad?
can you post more pictures? i'm very interested

Here's mine I just finished. I've got my e6600 at 3.6ghz at 1.46v with an idle of 30C and a load of 52-55C. If you look at some of the pictures I posted you can get a pretty good idea of how I mounted the rad.

parts I used for my water cooling setup:

D-tek FuZion cpu block
mcr220 rad with 2 yate loons 47cfm, 28dba
mcp655 pump
dual 5.25 bay res
7/16" ID MasterKleer tubing

Here's some pics

Where did you get those brackets to mount the radiator on top? Looks pretty nice Im assuming you didnt have to do any modding to fit the radiator up there

Where did you get those brackets to mount the radiator on top? Looks pretty nice Im assuming you didnt have to do any modding to fit the radiator up there

I got the brackets at a local hardware store. They are just 2 1/2" L brackets. As far as modding goes, I just dremeled out that bar that goes across underneath the mesh up top as well as the little tabs that stick out facing inward parallel with the mesh. (The tabs that are visible when you remove the two fan holders up top) I did that to increase air flow to the radiator and to alow the radiator to sit up closer to the mesh. I can also probably be done without cutting out the things I mentioned. I just had dremel one side down and drill a new hole. Check out the thread mentioned above as I did the same exact thing.

Back