Foxconn first to list the 8800 GT. No really. Foxconn.

PNY VERTO GEFORCE 8800GT 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 DVI+DVI+HDTV S-VIDEO OUTPUTS RETAI UPC: N/A VCG88512GXPB 2lb VC V12 Current Item Cn$230.00

description from local Canadian distro

$230 :O

The manufacturer of a given series seems to bounce around from gen to gen. I'm not sure if Foxconn is the manufacturer of the 8000 series, but dang they have their hands in just about every cookie jar out there....

Flextronics has held an exclusive contract with nvidia for several years now, since the 6 series first went to market anyway. Flkextronics generally manufactures mainstream and enthusuast level boards for nVidia for at least the first year. After a given amount of Time nVidia will usually allow the board partners to manufacture their own boards and even come up with their own custom PCBs, but for the first year or so all the boards are made by Flextronics and shipped to the board partners for retail packaging and branding.

Well, ASUS actually made the reference 8800 GTX cards at launch. FoxConn makes all the reference 680i boards for EVGA, BFG, etc. So, they have a big OEM footprint. Their retail is a little on the fledgling side, so their marketing graphics may be a little odd.

PNY VERTO GEFORCE 8800GT 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 DVI+DVI+HDTV S-VIDEO OUTPUTS RETAI UPC: N/A VCG88512GXPB 2lb VC V12 Current Item Cn$230.00

description from local Canadian distro

$230 :O

That is pretty sweet. It just rocks having the Canadian dollar at parity.

Flextronics has held an exclusive contract with nvidia for several years now, since the 6 series first went to market anyway. Flkextronics generally manufactures mainstream and enthusuast level boards for nVidia for at least the first year. After a given amount of Time nVidia will usually allow the board partners to manufacture their own boards and even come up with their own custom PCBs, but for the first year or so all the boards are made by Flextronics and shipped to the board partners for retail packaging and branding.

Foxconn made the 7900 GS and GTX for Dells Inspiron and XPS series in early 06. Wasnt that right around when they came out? Dont think it was a year past anyway.

Uhhhhh, crap guys, unlike the hundreds of people with X38 based boards, I don't have PCIe 2.0 .... So they'd better run a PCIe 1.1 model or is a PCIe 2.0 card backwards compatible magically with the older slot?
I thought that backwards compatibility only worked the other way around -_-.

Uhhhhh, crap guys, unlike the hundreds of people with X38 based boards, I don't have PCIe 2.0 .... So they'd better run a PCIe 1.1 model or is a PCIe 2.0 card backwards compatible magically with the older slot?
I thought that backwards compatibility only worked the other way around -_-.
yes of course the card will work for you. probably way less than 10% of people buying this card have pcie 2.0.

Just to clarify something, my 8800gts 640 is better than this, correct?

Unknown, but i think unlikely given its on a 65nm process which means lots of OCing room.

Its *rumored* to be almost as fast as the GTX, and other rumored state it to be a little under the GTS. Truth is, no one knows for sure.

wow if that texture fillrate is true, then it will replace the GTX. good thing i have 30 days return policy on my gtx.

Fuck that. I usually don't care what a video card looks like when I throw it in my rig, but you wont find me buying that 8800GT Richard Simmons Edition for myself, friends, or family. :D

OMG you are right. That is crazy.

Actually the reason I said 1 month was becasue ATI cards came out a bit back, so there was factual info then.

But I just took a quick look, and for nVidia, u r right!!!! Whe have been BSing about this nonsense for like almost 1/2 year. :(
Yeah, but as others have pointed out, the last bit of official information we had was from nvidia themselves saying that they would release their 1TF monster in Q4. That's looking less and less likely to be the case.

Not all non-official sources are the Inq. I dislike the Inq and their combative, erroneous, and entirely made-up stories as much as anybody. But that doesn't mean that there hasn't been information out there on other sites that is now turning out to look pretty accurate (especially regarding the lack of the "promised" monster top-tier card).

Will be interesting to see if this is indeed a typo and if the 8800gt does indeed use the G92 as so many sources have reported, however.

I'm actually disappointed that we won't see a high-end, top-tier card in Q4 though. Based on all these rumors, I was already prepared that situation. But I've got an itch for more eye candy via DX10 in LotRO.

Interesting, it's blank for me now.

* The specification and pictures are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.

Pretty surprising right?

My GPUReview story. (The site is very ugly. I hate the green and white color scheme.)
GPUReview's fledgling 8800 GT page. (Not all the information is there yet. Power draw and stuff.)

Foxconn's GeForce 8800 GT page.

200710180635170265foxcogi8.jpg

Enjoy!

Why is it surprising that Foxconn came out with a product first? They fab the 680i boards as well as the 8 series cards.

Click the specifications tab, you are on the first general info tab.

I'm using the same link.

There are no tabs for me in FF or IE. There are tabs for the other cards using both browsers however.

G92 is listed as the core on GPU, and G96 was on Foxconn... Looks like the matter still isn't settled.

Page appears to have had all the info taken off now and I don't see any other links to it on the Foxconn website, maybe they were made to take it down?

you know what though
If NV did move to 65nm they could probably make a GTX with 1 power connection or increase
the current SP on the GTX, I read the GTX had 160 sp but had them disabled? maybe this is to keep the current power usage to a reasonable number?

so what if they increase the GTS to 112sp and the GTX to like 14x sp? and have a 96sp 8800GT?

would make sense if they were all 65nm
just makin stuff up =p

(Posted here originally, but that's getting too noisy.)

Just musing/speculating, but ...

Don't forget that Nvidia is in battle with ATI and it is in their interests to keep information tight, and even leak some misinformation to keep the competition on the back foot.

So it is not impossible that Nvidia has been carefully cultivating the idea that the new 8800GT/GTS/GTX/etc are all based on the "G92" -- creating confusion about how such a spread of products can all be based on the one chip -- all the while quietly creating the "G96" as the new mid-range, and the "G92" as the new killer chip, and the "G98" as the new low end. After all, trying to jump the gun on ATI by two weeks (if the Oct 29 date is true) may give a first-to-market advantage, but if just one product is being launched it also gives ATI crucial time to do last-minute tweaks, a one-two (G96-G92) staged release may be the aim (and so delivering on the 6-month old statement of a new high-end at the end of this year).

All I care about is it being faster than what I have now to satisfy my upgrade itch.

I am both fascinated and nausiated at the same time trying to keep up with the cyclone of information and misinformation. It's like we're trying to crack some government conspiracy with twists and turns associated with every single freakin bit of information.

I really hope near GTX performance for $230 (posted earlier) is at least somewhat true - the thought of spending $500+ on my next card for my upgrade was really breaking the bank.
*sigh* nothing to do but wait.... oh yeah and speculate like crazy on the hardforums.

I am both fascinated and nausiated at the same time trying to keep up with the cyclone of information and misinformation. It's like we're trying to crack some government conspiracy with twists and turns associated with every single freakin bit of information.

I really hope near GTX performance for $230 (posted earlier) is at least somewhat true - the thought of spending $500+ on my next card for my upgrade was really breaking the bank.
*sigh* nothing to do but wait.... oh yeah and speculate like crazy on the hardforums.

:D

UT3.jpg

Check the resolution, AA, AF?
Need some more benches for this thing. If they have the damn card they could maybe run some real benchmarks.

1. I wish you guys would stop using the word "gay" in a derogatory way. There is nothing wrong
with being gay. A lot of the forums I post on do not allow it.

2. There was no thread in these forums about Foxconn's 8800 GT page. I made one and I
provided links to the story I wrote and a link directly to Foxconn's site. I am not trying to
trick anyone into visiting the site. The links were clearly labeled. I am glad that people visit our
site, but I am in no way actively trying to get more people to come to the site.

EDIT:

Thank you SpeedyVV.

Sorry, I'm not PC. I don't choose to endorse this new age, don't offend all of the uptight's America.

Besides, you can't have it both ways. Gay used to mean happy, but homosexuals took it because homosexual was to harsh of a term for the media to portray them as.

Now, gay also means other things, not just happy and homosexual. Deal with it.

:D

[IMG*]http://resources.vr-zone.com/newzhunter/8800GT/UT3.jpg[/IMG]

Check the resolution, AA, AF?
Need some more benches for this thing. If they have the damn card they could maybe run some real benchmarks.

Don't hotlink images... man lots of people are doing that now...

Anyway, does this person have any pictures of the card? Or did they just make up some numbers in Excel and make a pretty graph?

Damn, I wonder if this too good to be true. If I got a hold of a foxconn card, I would would either re-skin that hs/f or slap on Tt HR-03+.

What is the target audience with a card looking like that ? I know the card is supposed to be inside your case but still thats gotta be the most ugly sticker ever, i could buy one and give to my little brother rofl.

What is the target audience with a card looking like that ? I know the card is supposed to be inside your case but still thats gotta be the most ugly sticker ever, i could buy one and give to my little brother rofl.

I wouldnt care if it had a sticker of Strawberry Shortcake on it and my daughters thought it was "cute" - if it ran like a GTX and cost $230 I would happily put one in my case. Then I'd use the $250+ I'd saved to go get a tattoo of a deathshead or something just so I could restore my manhood. :D:p:D

You can always take the sticker off, under which should be the OEM heatsink art.

Yeah theirs no way in hell I believe a stock GTX and a stock Ultra have less than .5% difference between eachother. If it was cpu limited the GTS would be way closer to the GTX.
Could of been cpu limited by the resolution but even then.

1680x1050 or better please?

I also don't believe the 7950GX2 would of gotten beaten by an x1950pro.

Someone made that up, and like usual, people are believing it.

This is why it's so popular to get into scams and things of the like. People are sheep and those with common sense will tell you that people in general are stupid/dumb/uninformed or however you want to put it. I'm not calling out any names in this thread (or in others). . . :rolleyes:, but it's on the wall.

Back