Foxconn first to list the 8800 GT. No really. Foxconn.

If you are a video card company with no real competition at the high end, why would you release a $230 card (1/3 of your top end card) that was remotely performance competitive.

You wouldn't. No one could execute that badly, not even ATI. :D

That image is so much fantasy.

Also, I thought the 8800GT was widely being reported as a 64SP part. Or was that just as much guesswork as most of the other stuff around on what Nvidia has been up to for the last few months?

I must say that I don't really care, as I have a pair of 8800GTS 640MB cards and no real desire for more at this point.

Yep, they won't release a part that blows away their top end card unless they also release a new top end card.

Anyway, I don't believe a word of any of the benchmarks we've seen. They are so easy to fake I've even done a few myself and posted em around :p

Yep, they won't release a part that blows away their top end card unless they also release a new top end card.

Anyway, I don't believe a word of any of the benchmarks we've seen. They are so easy to fake I've even done a few myself and posted em around :p

The specs are officially out there already though, and since there's no major architecture change (it's basically a shrink to 65nm) it should be a stellar performer with 600mhz ROPs, 1500mhz shaders, 1800mhz RAM and 112 SP's, let alone the overclocking potential ;).

Back of card?

2000944038494491822_rs.jpg

Can you even tell anything from it?

I know nothing.:rolleyes:

The only that will piss me off is if it's pushed back or not 512MB for $260.

Otherwise I'm grabbing this thing.

The specs are officially out there already though, and since there's no major architecture change (it's basically a shrink to 65nm) it should be a stellar performer with 600mhz ROPs, 1500mhz shaders, 1800mhz RAM and 112 SP's, let alone the overclocking potential ;).

Yeah...LOL at official. Wheres nVidia's press release again?

I think you are mixing up the rumored 8800GTS 640MB replacement's rumored specs (the same except for 112SPs) and the rumored 8800GT's rumored specs (I have seen 64SPs for that one).

The key word in all that is "rumored", as Nvidia has so far announced nothing. There do seem to be some credible leaks, but even credible leaks are still a form of rumor.

On a side note, I have a 32% overclock (core/shader/ram) on one 8800GTS, and the other will do 37% (again, core/shader/ram). It would be awesome if we could get substantially more out of the new process based chips.

I think you are mixing up the rumored 8800GTS 640MB replacement's rumored specs (the same except for 112SPs) and the rumored 8800GT's rumored specs (I have seen 64SPs for that one).

The key word in all that is "rumored", as Nvidia has so far announced nothing. There do seem to be some credible leaks, but even credible leaks are still a form of rumor.

On a side note, I have a 32% overclock (core/shader/ram) on one 8800GTS, and the other will do 37% (again, core/shader/ram). It would be awesome if we could get substantially more out of the new process based chips.

Not mixing anything up ;). There are official charts from the makers of everest, many in the know saying the specs, as well as product listings on tons of merchants showing the 8800GT as a 112 SP mini-beast ;). All that's left is an actual official announcement which should be coming in under a week.

Not mixing anything up ;). There are official charts from the makers of everest, many in the know saying the specs, as well as product listings on tons of merchants showing the 8800GT as a 112 SP mini-beast ;). All that's left is an actual official announcement which should be coming in under a week.
I did that screen showing that Everest detected 112 sp but none of the product listings ever listed the sp. they were just blank.

I did that screen showing that Everest detected 112 sp but none of the product listings ever listed the sp. they were just blank.

Odd... I called PCsuperstore, Compsource, and ExcaliberPC, all three told me this info over the phone as well as the ETA of within the next week for in-stock status. Combined with the lavalys everest screenshot, pictures of packaging/multiple vendors' cards, and info rumored previously, it's solid that it is 112 SP.

Odd... I called PCsuperstore, Compsource, and ExcaliberPC, all three told me this info over the phone as well as the ETA of within the next week for in-stock status. Combined with the lavalys everest screenshot, pictures of packaging/multiple vendors' cards, and info rumored previously, it's solid that it is 112 SP.
I believe its 112 sp too. I was just saying that leaked specs I saw from card vendors like Foxconn were left blank on the shaders or pipeline info. Of course Foxconn also listed it as a G96 which was a misprint.

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it. There are a lot of reasons you might get bad info from retailers that do not yet have it in stock (by your own admission of what they told you).

I have no opinion on what it is, but I don't see a 600Mhz 112SP part being called an 8800GT, unless that is Nvidia-speak for >GTS. I believe it is <GTS in Nvidia speak, however.

Again, I am not saying you are lying, just that it is in no way "solid" based on the info sources you "have".

Again:

If you are a video card company with no real competition at the high end, why would you release a $230 card (1/3 of your top end card) that was remotely performance competitive.

You wouldn't. No one could execute that badly, not even ATI.

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it. There are a lot of reasons you might get bad info from retailers that do not yet have it in stock (by your own admission of what they told you).

I have no opinion on what it is, but I don't see a 600Mhz 112SP part being called an 8800GT, unless that is Nvidia-speak for >GTS. I believe it is <GTS in Nvidia speak, however.

Again, I am not saying you are lying, just that it is in no way "solid" based on the info sources you "have".

Again:

Ugh. Once again i have to ask this....

How does it feel to be intelligent? Phide couldnt tell me, and he is one smart mofo. I know how it feels, couldnt ever explain it either, but i like to know how other people think it feels.

All that's left is an actual official announcement which should be coming in under a week.

Wow, really? Under a week? How did you ever come up with that? Could it be, because the rumored release date is in less than a week? Your brilliant! Why didnt i ever believe you before?

Ugh. Once again i have to ask this....

How does it feel to be intelligent? Phide couldnt tell me, and he is one smart mofo. I know how it feels, couldnt ever explain it either, but i like to know how other people think it feels.

Wow, really? Under a week? How did you ever come up with that? Could it be, because the rumored release date is in less than a week? Your brilliant! Why didnt i ever believe you before?

How does it feel to be a jerk? My 3rd grade bully couldn't tell me 20 years back, and he was one silly kid. He couldn't explain it either, but I like to know how other people think it feels.

Wow, really? Under a week? How did you ever come up with that? Could it be, because it's on all the distributor sites for delivery in less than a week? Your brilliant what? Why didn't you ever learn to use contractions such as "you're" before?

How does it feel to be a jerk? My 3rd grade bully couldn't tell me 20 years back, and he was one silly kid. He couldn't explain it either, but I like to know how other people think it feels.

Wow, really? Under a week? How did you ever come up with that? Could it be, because it's on all the distributor sites for delivery in less than a week? Your brilliant what? Why didn't you ever learn to use contractions such as "you're" before?

Grammar on a forum is really a minor priority, so long as the point is sent across, which it usually is. I wouldnt really know how it feels to be a jerk, since im really more of a realistic asshole then a jerk.

Im sorry the 3rd grade bully couldnt tell you, i really cant tell you either, but to be a realistic asshole, it feels like...kinda good, because i can comprehend reality, and the reality in this case is the 8800gt is unconfirmed by the (are you ready for this?) tEh menUfaktshuER), and i can call you an "X" and still sit back and say i was never wrong, basically be all i accused you off is not providing any legitamate source, and never claiming as fact, that 8800GT did or didnt exist, much unlike you, however.

Oh, and i came up with the under a week part because the 29th is less than 8 days away. Which technically under a week is incorrect. ZOMG I WUZ RONG!!(!&@!^! But really, your /sark detktor needz nu batureez. But really, on the realistic side of things, your BEE ESS detektor needz nu batureez.

PS, im being a dick bcuz...thatz wuts fun with u!:D

i find it hard to believe that you could actually could find anyone at these vendors who even know what shader processors are let alone being able to confirm how many there are. especially since the actual specs haven't even been officially announced, no offence it just sounds like bullshit.

i find it hard to believe that you could actually could find anyone at these vendors who even know what shader processors are let alone being able to confirm how many there are. especially since the actual specs haven't even been officially announced, no offence it just sounds like bullshit.

Wow, were on a roll tonight.

You sir...

...what does it feel like to be intelligent? Phide had a good answer, Betrayer00GT had a better answer...come on...im lookin for the best answer now.

Not really, do you know how easy it is to get a customer service person to say "yes" to a question you ask when the understand only enough to know that you want to hear "yes" and that there is a strong possiblility you will hang up if they do so?

Never underestimate the force of laziness. It is much like the force in Star Wars, except it actually exists. :D

Wow, were on a roll tonight.

You sir...

...what does it feel like to be intelligent? Phide had a good answer, Betrayer00GT had a better answer...come on...im lookin for the best answer now.

Ahh, man...

Can't you just stop once you recognize perfection? That was perfection... :D

http://www.donanimhaber.com/resimler/image.aspx/msigeforce8800gt.jpg

gpu 600 mhz
memory 1800 mhz (512 mb gddr 3)
shader 1500 mhz[/QUOTE] thats been said for a couple weeks now so Im not sure what your point is.

i think msi one is new hope writing specs under the pic didn't annoy you that much

Back