FS/T: Laptop and Vintage Computer Parts, Good Condition All

Status
Not open for further replies.
managed to pop in since mom's asleep...

p1 tower is now unavailable, has been given to a friend in bad need of something that can handle internet and word processing.

please email me or post here if you want to make an offer, i know that most of this stuff is worthless crap or overpriced, and am willing to take offers.

but i am really desperate for cash atm and would appreciate it if someone bought something.

howdy all... just was able to drop by to check messages.

p1 tower is now availible again :D

... and the craptacular lappy is going bye-bye! i'm getting a new computer! /dances a jig

... and yes, arock, i did get that mem stick. thank you very, very much indeed.

again... i have some really wierd crap lying around, so either post here or email me if you're looking for something esoteric.

please bump if you stop by and see nothing but crap, and don't be afraid to lowball. i'll give pretty much any offer a little consideration, and i'm desperate enough atm that i will likely agree.

AND WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX THE FRICKING TITLE?!?!?!?!?!

nope... i've actually gotta have the same exact make and moddle hdd as that 80mb one (be back with exact specs, etc. in a minute or so) cuz i what i want to do is this...

in theory what is wrong is that the "driver card" (as i call it, it's the pcb that sits on top of the hdd and runs the whole thing) was damaged or destroyed by a surge, which was caused by a psu that shorted out from dust. the psu's fine, it just blew out the hdd's electronics and popped a cap on the mobo.

what i'm hoping to do is get a replacement "driver card" that is exactly the same as the one that i have now, only functional. i would then discard the old busted "driver card" and replace it with the one that works.

however, the "driver card" would have to be one that came from a nearly identical drive-- same make, same model, same time of manufacture, and most importantly, same low-level formatting (thank you for that last one, Ice Czar).

otherwise the data will get scrambled and thus irretreiveable (sp?), not to mention the possibility of blowing up other, less accessable parts of the drive.

here are the specs on that 80mb quantum dino...

------------------------------------------------------
Quantum ProDrive ELS 80MB IDE Hard Drive

Power Req: 5/12V
230/185mA DC
C/H/S: 42-968/5/17, 85-977/10/17, 127-919/16/17, 170-1011/15/22

The Barcode Stickers Read:
(1) On the rear of the drive housing- 168233951140 A
(2) On the rear of the drive, on the IDE cable connector- 85AT P/N PI08A011 Rev 06-G

------------------------------------------------------

some interesting notes:
(1) the m/s/cs jumper for this drive is located on the "driver board" about 3/4cm from the left edge of the drive, and is about 2-3cm in. this strikes me as unusual since most hdd's i've seen have them right up next to the data connectors.
(2) there is a 3-pin connector of some sort between the power molex connector and the IDE connector.
(3) the primary chip on the board (largest chip) reads:
AB5
Quantum
15-100372-01CF63189APC
W 25002 9240

(4) The board's assembly number is 20-101091-04. also, only the "1-04" part can be changed for some reason.

happy new year to all...

...and howdy all the way from surf city nc!
i will likely be offline until the end of the week (i'm on vacation) and i will have spotty connections for about a month after- my brand new shuttle is having a problem and i'm sending it back for repairs since i'm flat broke and thus can't afford to void the warranty ;)
since they're out of japan or somewhere halfway around the fricking world, i get to wait 30 days after it gets there before i get it back. aaaaaaaaaaaarg.
even better, the Craptacular Lappy is actually my mother's and she isn't letting me use it anymore.

thank goodness for computer labs. however, the computers there

i should be able to check my nonfree email daily after Friday, it's posted in the very first post.

bumpitty bump bump

plz note that all $$$ from this sale thread will go to the tsunami victims via unicef. i may be in sore need of ca$h, but those poor people over there need far more... so i think it's only right that i do this.

whenever i recieve a check or money order from a buyer, i will donate the amount the money order is made out for to unicef at my earliest opportunity.

as always, lowballs are accepted (unless they are rediculous) and highballs are highly encouraged. i won't be around tomorrow or sunday, but i should be able to check email and this thread sometime friday and possibly saturday... monday and after should be pretty much smooth sailing tho.

bumpage

buy this stuff... please... it not only supports the tsunami victims... it cleans out my closet, which i need desperately.

:rolleyes: and will some moderator PLEASE CHANGE THE FREAKING TITLE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Staying alive, staying alive, ah,ah,ah, ah, staying alive, staying alive, ah, ah, ah, ah, staying aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, ohh, ohh, yeah.

Buy people is for a good cause.
BuMp

yet more worthless bumpage :( six pages of nothing but bumps.

it's a wonder this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back