Gaming mATX board FINALLY!

i read somewhere that dx10 has already been reverse engineered tho and will be available for XP and linux.

i read somewhere that dx10 has already been reverse engineered tho and will be available for XP and linux.

DX10 canNOT be reverse engineered. In order to do that it would require a massive workforce to complete and XP and Linux Kernels canNOT support DX10 b/c only Vista's kernel was built withDX10 in mind.

^ interseting although I have huge reservations. would love to see dx10 run on xp but everthing says it wont happen. good find ;)

Does anybody know why Newegg isn't carrying this board anymore?

Too many returns?

I really like this board and hope to hear good news about it before I pull the trigger ...

pvhk : do you want to share the differences you spotted on both board you owned please? Just curious if Steeeeve would be able to ask abit what they mean and if it has anything to do with the few problematics board some have reported here.

Thanks

Welp, my F-I90HD is starting to act fritzy. A week ago I had to unplug it for 30 seconds to get it to boot a couple of times.

Just now it took fiddling with it for 30+ minutes to get to the desktop. It was hanging at the blue Windows welcome screen, that is when it would get that far. During the time it would not boot I tried everything I could think of - unplug it, cold boot, warm boot, go into BIOS first, unclock it, clear the CMOS, reseated the RAM, and safe mode which was 50/50 getting into. Most of the time it would hang after detecting devices and before the Windows screen with the scrolling blue line.

I actually got frustrated with it and let it sit at the Windows welcome screen for at least 10 minutes and I walked back into the room and it had finally got to the desktop. I then copied a couple of things off so my backup was 100% up to date, and then rebooted and it seemed to run normal.

I guess I've heard about them outright not booting (no POST?) and/or having graphic anomalies. Anyone had these characteristics however?

[LYL]Homer;1030990315 said:
Welp, my F-I90HD is starting to act fritzy. A week ago I had to unplug it for 30 seconds to get it to boot a couple of times.

Just now it took fiddling with it for 30+ minutes to get to the desktop. It was hanging at the blue Windows welcome screen, that is when it would get that far. During the time it would not boot I tried everything I could think of - unplug it, cold boot, warm boot, go into BIOS first, unclock it, clear the CMOS, reseated the RAM, and safe mode which was 50/50 getting into. Most of the time it would hang after detecting devices and before the Windows screen with the scrolling blue line.

I actually got frustrated with it and let it sit at the Windows welcome screen for at least 10 minutes and I walked back into the room and it had finally got to the desktop. I then copied a couple of things off so my backup was 100% up to date, and then rebooted and it seemed to run normal.

I guess I've heard about them outright not booting (no POST?) and/or having graphic anomalies. Anyone had these characteristics however?

What kind of temperatures does ur system have?

pvhk : do you want to share the differences you spotted on both board you owned please? Just curious if Steeeeve would be able to ask abit what they mean and if it has anything to do with the few problematics board some have reported here.

Thanks
Of course, Rhialto!
Here the minor changes I noticed between my dead f-i90HD (HUHCxxxxxx) and my working one (HUHGxxxxxx) all in rev1.0:
dead one:

2nd board:

What kind of temperatures does ur system have?

I'm using an NT-06 in an SG-01, temps have always been okay, in the 40c idle range and up to 62c load. I've fiddle around with the fans and that's the best I can get with the voltages I've been using. (Voltages are bumped up two 'notches' from stock (can't recall exact voltages just now) on all except DDR which is set at 2.1v.)

i'm back. :D got one. works great. couldnt load up windows. couldnt install vista. figured something out. this thing will not start up properly unless you have a cpu fan hearder in. have to turn cpu fan power off setting to off or to system fan, etc. felt so dumb. lol.

i'm back. :D got one. works great. couldnt load up windows. couldnt install vista. figured something out. this thing will not start up properly unless you have a cpu fan hearder in. have to turn cpu fan power off setting to off or to system fan, etc. felt so dumb. lol.
hehe, I bet u tought someone was cursing you :D Hope u'll enjoy it this time!

Of course, Rhialto!
Here the minor changes I noticed between my dead f-i90HD (HUHCxxxxxx) and my working one (HUHGxxxxxx) all in rev1.0:
dead one:

2nd board:

I don't see very well on the 1st picture. Are those absent resistors or they are white while we see they are green on second picture?

I wonder how this can affect the motherboard.

Mine is always on, a reset only here and there after a software install/uninstall resquest. I fear that if I turn it off for the night it may never restart. but I always had my computers on 24hrs a day. Maybe I should clear this out before warranty expire.

I don't see very well on the 1st picture. Are those absent resistors or they are white while we see they are green on second picture?

Mine is always on, a reset only here and there after a software install/uninstall resquest. I fear that if I turn it off for the night it may never restart. but I always had my computers on 24hrs a day. Maybe I should clear this out before warranty expire.
they are white:

what is the warranty on this board?

:D i returned it again. wouldnt post after first day. fans spin up, but no post. woohoo! i = suxors. i'll wait forever for a new matx board.

i have a bad matx board. i was wondering should i return it to ABit and a new one or just forget it about it.

I guess I just needed a day to think on it....I got the Northbridge cooler to fit now (had to use a couple hardware brackets
mcx159_fit_1.jpg

mcx159_fit_3.jpg

I just started to build computer for the first time. Unfortunately there's problem ahead which I hope u guys can help me. I have external dvd drive where i want to install windows vista. But everytime the machine boots up it gives me disk boot failure.
Perhaps there's something I should check from the bios setup but I don't know what.

I just started to build computer for the first time. Unfortunately there's problem ahead which I hope u guys can help me. I have external dvd drive where i want to install windows vista. But everytime the machine boots up it gives me disk boot failure.
Perhaps there's something I should check from the bios setup but I don't know what.

Hmm...is there a BIOS option to boot the DVD first? (like a boot menu option?) -don't have mine setup yet, but suspect it's not even looking at the DVD drive as a boot device-

Is this even a reliable mobo? I am going to Korea this summer so i have to make a SFF so that i can bring my pc onboard the airplane. This is the only mobo that can oc but have they found the reason for all the dead mobobs?

woot! there may be hope yet for the XP-120....(Was wondering if I was smoking something, that I thought the XP-120 would fit):

LGA775 RM
http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/m...ion_lga775.htm

got one on order!

I just installed XP120 on I90HD in NSK2400 case. I can confirm that it fits no problem. CPU temp is about the same as Zalman 7700 though. But XP120 uses 120mm fan so it's much quieter at full speeds.

i suspected that the mobo is real sensitive to lots of installing. i switch out my ram/cpu often, so i think it might be more sensitive to bending and what not. dunno. i do fine with all my other boards, and this one just doesnt like me. works for a while then wont post. *shrugs*

Hmm...is there a BIOS option to boot the DVD first? (like a boot menu option?) -don't have mine setup yet, but suspect it's not even looking at the DVD drive as a boot device-
Thanks for your help :) I tried to do that but still gave the same message. In the boot option there is floppy disk option before LS120 and after legacy LAN there is disable option.

Thanks for your help :) I tried to do that but still gave the same message. In the boot option there is floppy disk option before LS120 and after legacy LAN there is disable option.

hmm... I remember reading that some were having problems with USB keyboards at boot time; maybe there's an issue reading the usbdvd too? any chance you got an old dvd drive you can connect via ide or sata? if not, maybe can make a boot USB key or floppy and start that way?

hmm... I remember reading that some were having problems with USB keyboards at boot time; maybe there's an issue reading the usbdvd too? any chance you got an old dvd drive you can connect via ide or sata? if not, maybe can make a boot USB key or floppy and start that way?
Thx for mentioning USB keyboard! I got it to install vista now. I tought it wouldn't respond ENTER anymore coz it has gone trough all boots without finding them. Then I check the bios again and enable USB keyboard in BIOS instead of in OS. So after pressing ENTER it simply boot from external dvd and installed VISTA without any problems. Thanks again for your help ;)

Well, I will share my story-

Purchased at Microcenter about 1 month ago. Got it with the extended warranty because of all the horror stories.

So far, so good though. Its been a month and original issues that were really killing me were vista+BSOD issues that were fixed in catalyst 7.3 patch/7.4 catalyst.

I run two ATI PCI-E 1x tuners and use the integrated HDMI port. I also run 2*2GB ram which also runs without a hitch.

Overall, the system is used and abused every day as a 100% functional media center, and overall it is pretty solid.

I do regret that they dont have any undervolting options in BIOS. I would really like to save some more energy by undervolting everything.

Well, I will share my story-

Purchased at Microcenter about 1 month ago. Got it with the extended warranty because of all the horror stories.

So far, so good though. Its been a month and original issues that were really killing me were vista+BSOD issues that were fixed in catalyst 7.3 patch/7.4 catalyst.

I run two ATI PCI-E 1x tuners and use the integrated HDMI port. I also run 2*2GB ram which also runs without a hitch.

Overall, the system is used and abused every day as a 100% functional media center, and overall it is pretty solid.

I do regret that they dont have any undervolting options in BIOS. I would really like to save some more energy by undervolting everything.
Nice to hear your story. I hope my rig is still doing fine after month. After that I can feel quite relieved. The drivers I've been downloading for onboard video are from Abit's page. Do you think drivers from ATI is much better?
BTW, is there a way to see NB temperatures? Or is it included in Abit EQ as system?

Back