Go for Google

152,083,330 points and an estmated 673 days to intercept.

We continue to advance on Google, albeit more slowly of late.
Since January 23rd we have gone from 176,000,000 behind to a mere 152,000,000. :)

Fold on [H]orde!

Celerator said:
152,083,330 points and an estmated 673 days to intercept.

We continue to advance on Google, albeit more slowly of late.
Since January 23rd we have gone from 176,000,000 behind to a mere 152,000,000. :)

I blame it all on those crazy-slow gromacs, great points for a single WU, but boy do they take a long time. We'll get 'em eventually. :D

I wonder if my school would let my borg all of the computers (over 50) in our lab...how many WU's could 50, 2.8GHz P4's chew through in a day?

Unknown-One queried:
I wonder if my school would let my borg all of the computers (over 50) in our lab...how many WU's could 50, 2.8GHz P4's chew through in a day?

That sounds like a YURT question. The simple answer is, "Lots!" :eek:

Be sure that you receive permission from the person in charge of the lab.

Fold on Unknown-One!

I'll ask permission today, with anly luck, you should have some real horsepower added within the next day or so.

Unknown-One said:
50+ machines...you would have probably have at least a 5k ppd...thats a rough estimate though...but yea..that would be AWESOME :)

VIVA LA HORDE

We are go! The first third should be online by tomarrow if all goes well :D

I dont know how long these will run for though, the school year is almost over you know...then again, there were machines leaft on all summer last year so you never know...

Unknown-One said:
We are go! The first third should be online by tomarrow if all goes well :D

I dont know how long these will run for though, the school year is almost over you know...then again, there were machines leaft on all summer last year so you never know...
Sweet mother of pearl! Welcome to the team!

I'm getting the first 30 up right now; I did a recount and it looks like we have closer to 65 or 70 PC's (if I count the upstairs lab), allthough the upstairs ones are older dells than the ones downstairs.

Unknown-One said:
I'm getting the first 30 up right now; I did a recount and it looks like we have closer to 65 or 70 PC's (if I count the upstairs lab), allthough the upstairs ones are older dells than the ones downstairs.
now just remember...the proper way to set them up is by having "roftranspo" in the username field :)

roftranspo said:
now just remember...the proper way to set them up is by having "roftranspo" in the username field :)
Nice Try. Get your own computer lab to borg! :p

Well, now its a waiting game. One of these PC's has to finish a WU sooner or later

Here's the update as of 5-24-2006:

Points to overtake Google: 150,816,320
Predicted overtake days: 561

If you haven't asked for a borg today, you are losing your [H]ardness! :eek:

Fold on!

Update on our Google overtake...(5/27/06):

149,771,930 points and an estimated 493 days to intercept. :)

Fold on [H]orde!

Update on Google overtake (6/1/2006):

148,695,450 points and an estimated 598 days to intercept.

Interestingly, the Roos are also into contention to overtake Google a few hours before the [H]orde! :eek:

154,663,900 points and an estimated 598 days to intercept.

So, it looks like another contest is the race to overtake Google.

Here's a link, from Google's perspective: Race to overtake Google

Fold on!

Google overtake - AKA Google Gauntlet

[H]orde points to overtake: 147,691,450, in an estimated 619 days.

Roos points to overtake: 153,679,770 and an estimate 638 days.

So, even though the Roos have been creeping up on us the past 4 days, relative to the Google Goal, the marsupials are losing ground. :)

Fold on!

The race to pass Google is tight.

The marsupials are gaining on us, and as of today (6/8/06) OCAU are predicted to become Numero Zero a couple of weeks after they win back the Duck trophy! :eek:

Gauntlet Stats
[H]orde points to overtake=146,985,660 and 602 days
Roos points to overtake=152,883,100 and 601days

Stats

Have you recruited today?

The race to pass Google is stretching out.

The Roos are flogging us during their winter. OCAU are predicted to pass us on their way to becoming Numero Zero by passing Google. :eek:

Gauntlet Stats
[H]orde points to overtake Google=142,350,720 and 579 days
Roos points to overtake Google=146,921,180 and 512 days

Stats

Have you recruited today?

Actually Google got out of the DC biz, they used to package a version of the console with their toolbar download if you so opted. They quit offering it so we've been lopping off huge chunks. :D

I had to stop by my school and (not so surprisingly) power had ben cut to the lab, if you go by my stats, it looks like they all cut out about two days after school let out.

I got some major points in on those few days they were up and running though :D

Don't worry...as soon as people are back from summer break, we'll get (more) on track. In order to catch Google first, all we have to do is simply stay ahead of OCAU. It reminds me of a joke....

An American businessman is taking his Japanese businessman guest hunting. All of a sudden, a huge bear appears, and starts running towards the pair. The Japanese guy squats down, pulls off his boots, and starts lacing up a pair of running shoes. The American is horrified. "Don't you know there's no way you'll outrun that bear?" he says, to which the Japanese man replies "No have to outrun bear. Only have to outrun you."

Now that the [H]orde has (at least for the moment) removed the threat of our Roo friends, it's time for another Google Gauntlet update.

Points to overtake Google: 126,244,190.
Predicted overtake days: 299.

Fold on!

Given our great ppd yesterday, here's the update on our goal of getting Google...

Points to overtake Google: 124,299,110
Predicted overtake days: 287

Fold on to another victory mighty [H]orde!

Time for another Go Get Google update for the beginning of September...

Points to overtake Google: 116,128,100
Estimated days to intercept: 253

Fold on mighty [H]orde!

dekard said:
I wonder if Kyle will buy us all a beer when we beat google?

+1 on that... I'm in a need for beer right now even though it's 0703 est right now.. I've been up too long I'm aging rapidly.

Time for another Google Gauntlet update...

Points to overtake Google: 106,417,911
Estimated days to intercept: 190

We can pass Google before April 1, 2007 at this rate!

KieferMonkey said:
Time for another Google Gauntlet update...

Points to overtake Google: 106,417,911
Estimated days to intercept: 190

We can pass Google before April 1, 2007 at this rate!
No let's pass em on April 1st and we're going to be like... Who's the fool now... :D

Jon855 said:
No let's pass em on April 1st and we're going to be like... Who's the fool now... :D

That is right! who is the fool now?

:confused:

:D

Why did google stop including the option of DC in their toolbar?

I love the idea of the [H]ord overtaking them, but i am sad to see they are no longer contributing.

Personally, I think they saw us coming up from behing and couldn't take the [H]eat. LOL

stonedwaldo420 said:
Why did google stop including the option of DC in their toolbar?
Dunno, but if I installed the toolbar and found out it took up 100% of my CPU, I'd be kind of pissed.

ChingChang said:
Dunno, but if I installed the toolbar and found out it took up 100% of my CPU, I'd be kind of pissed.

google should have been more modest.. no one would have noticed 10%...

too bad people didn't realize how dynamic it was.. that it wasn't actually slowing their computer down. just using spare cycles.

Didn't google simply add the option to turn that on? That way people wouldn't be surprised.

But that would be a good idea. Have it automatically use 10% of spare cycles.

stonedwaldo420 said:
But that would be a good idea. Have it automatically use 10% of spare cycles.
Then people would probably complain how google toolbar is using 10% usage when idle...

or was the folding part a different process? Was there even a process for google toolbar?

Back