Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

Can you use one 8600GTS using both DVI adaptors or do I need two cards. I do not game.

Edit: I currently have a 8500GT and it looks like, from the previous page, that this will work and I do not need to upgrade my card.

I just notice this after all these mth. Both yourself and a few other members who claim post pic. of 2560x1600. In the end, the photo is only 2048x1536

How so?

Battlefield 2 doesn't support 2560x1600. It only supports a maximun of 2048x1536 because EA is a bunch of assholes and have something against widescreen gaming. You can actually make it do 2560x1600 via command line, but the FOV is screwed up.

What Dan said. :D

Even when you use the command , i was getting that on screenies for what ever reason

Even when you use the command , i was getting that on screenies for what ever reason

It might very well just stretch the image using the games engine and it doesn't actually display anything higher than 2048x1536. It wouldn't surprise me given EA's stance on online gaming and widescreen resolutions. (It's not fair to those who don't have widescreen monitors.) Some how I think those people are more worried about what else we are packing rather than our monitors. I think SLI, dual core processors, shit loads of ram and fast ass internet connections are more threatening to them than widescreen monitors.

I am trying to find the outer dimensions of this monitor. The Dell site says that it is 17.7”X22”. This can not be right because my 2405 is 22” in width. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to find the outer dimensions of this monitor. The Dell site says that it is 17.7”X22”. This can not be right because my 2405 is 22” in width. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could measure mine when I get home, but short of that I can't help. I know the monitor has to be at least 24" wide. (Not measured angularly.)

27 1/8" wide, 17 1/4" tall. With stand fully extended, just under 22" to the top of the frame.

You could have figured that out with the Pythagorean theorem, since you have the length of the hypotenuse and the aspect ratio of the opposite sides ;)

And I'm happy to announce I'm buying a 3007 within the next couple of months :cool: :D Gotta save up for it + an 8800, but damn it, they're coming!!!

Question: would my CPU limit said combo at all?

It's not just that game. On that page, all the pic. was label 2560x1600, and yet none of them is 2560x1600. I don't pay attn. to EA, are you saying ALL of those games are from EA?

If so, which game you own support actual 2560x1600?

It's not just that game. On that page, all the pic. was label 2560x1600, and yet none of them is 2560x1600. I don't pay attn. to EA, are you saying ALL of those games are from EA?

If so, which game you own support actual 2560x1600?

I was referring to all the Battlefield 2 screenshots. The BF series is EA.

Jacuzz I think im gonna order me self a 3007-HC and a 8800ULTRA Superclock someone STOP ME !!!! ahhhhh :eek: :eek:

Jacuzz I think im gonna order me self a 3007-HC and a 8800ULTRA Superclock someone STOP ME !!!! ahhhhh :eek: :eek:

You should do it. Though I'd go with dual 8800GTX OC2 or Superclocked cards. They will be as good as an Ultra starting out and two of them is definitely more powerful than one 8800Ultra.

Granted the 8800 Ultra overclocks better, but cost wise it seems like the better move to me.

You should do it. Though I'd go with dual 8800GTX OC2 or Superclocked cards. They will be as good as an Ultra starting out and two of them is definitely more powerful than one 8800Ultra.

Granted the 8800 Ultra overclocks better, but cost wise it seems like the better move to me.

Right now i have a regular 3007 wfp and a 8800gtx acs3 ko dont ask me why im thinking of a ultra lol not really sure kinda feel the itch to upgrade

Yeah, the Ultra is fine and all but the cost of admission is rather high. Not really worth it over the 8800GTX's, and especially not worth it over the 8800GTX OC2 or Superclocked cards.

Though I was looking at BFG 8800Ultra WC Edition cards last night.

Does anyone know?

Your CPU is fine. I don't think you'll run into CPU limitations too much using only one card. Even if you did you could always overclock that 4200+ and get more out of it. Even then it wouldn't be a huge limitation.

I think people generally get too concerned about CPU limitations. The reality of it is that we are all CPU limited to some degree no matter what we have. The faster the CPU the less limitations our systems will have and the more capable they will be.

And I'm happy to announce I'm buying a 3007 within the next couple of months :cool: :D Gotta save up for it + an 8800, but damn it, they're coming!!!

Question: would my CPU limit said combo at all?

I'm planning to refresh my box in the Summer once the cuts come into play. Running an AMD64 3800+ (not dual core) with a single 7900gtx (512M) in a dual monitor configuration. 2560x1600 on the Dell and 1600x1200 on the Samsung. I can actually play Supreme Commander with that! (lowered settings) CS:Source plays OK at 2560x1600 - I'll disable the second monitor for that. BFME II looks a bit fugly with the res turned down, but if I've got something that pushes things I'll switch to the smaller monitor.

Planning to update to a single 8800gtx and probably a Q6600 or E6850 July/August. Tis sad most of my laptops are dual core (and faster) than my workstation. Love the monitor, however.

I'm planning to refresh my box in the Summer once the cuts come into play. Running an AMD64 3800+ (not dual core) with a single 7900gtx (512M) in a dual monitor configuration. 2560x1600 on the Dell and 1600x1200 on the Samsung. I can actually play Supreme Commander with that! (lowered settings) CS:Source plays OK at 2560x1600 - I'll disable the second monitor for that. BFME II looks a bit fugly with the res turned down, but if I've got something that pushes things I'll switch to the smaller monitor.

Planning to update to a single 8800gtx and probably a Q6600 or E6850 July/August. Tis sad most of my laptops are dual core (and faster) than my workstation. Love the monitor, however.

Dual core is great. My laptop came with a Celery 340 I think. Something like 1.8GHz or something like that. I ripped it out and replaced it with a Core 2 Duo T7200 and man what a difference.

My worst desktop has my Pentium Extreme Edition 965 (3.73GHz) in it and of course it's dual core with Hyperthreading. It's not too bad at all for anything it does.

hi

i got the hp lp3065
do you get video on startup b4 windows
i get black screen till windows welcome screen then all works fine
running it with ati x1950xtx
will a 8800 let me get to system bios screen

thanks

Does anyone have waracraft 3? Is it possible to play it in native res on the 3007 HC? Can you please post screenshots? Bonus points if its of w3c DOTA ;)

Thanks!

You have to set widescreen reesolutions in the registry for warcraft 3. Mine works fine in 1680x1050 when I set it to that in the registry, So I dont see why it wouldnt work in the higher res.

Hi Everyone, did any other 3007-HC owners recieve their monitor in a box that identifies the monitor as the older 3007wfp. No where on my monitor, packaging or included documentation is the monitor referred to as the '-HC' and I'm worried they sent me last years model.

Can anyone verify that this is how the 'HC' is shipping?. The only destinguishing identification is Rev A04 on the outside of the box and that it was made in Mexico.

Talking to Dell they seem to have no idea. It also has an item number of XD310 on the packing slip.

Any other 'HC' owners get a package like mine?

Hi Everyone, did any other 3007-HC owners recieve their monitor in a box that identifies the monitor as the older 3007wfp. No where on my monitor, packaging or included documentation is the monitor referred to as the '-HC' and I'm worried they sent me last years model.

Can anyone verify that this is how the 'HC' is shipping?. The only destinguishing identification is Rev A04 on the outside of the box and that it was made in Mexico.

Talking to Dell they seem to have no idea. It also has an item number of XD310 on the packing slip.

I have to go home and check tonight but i recall having the same question in my mind regarding the packaging but rested assured for some reason , but i dont remember what that reason was
lol
i do remember when i fired it up it was like night and day standing next to my normal 30 and perhaps thats why i relaxed on the issue

I will take a walk down memory lane tonight

hi

i got the hp lp3065
do you get video on startup b4 windows
i get black screen till windows welcome screen then all works fine
running it with ati x1950xtx
will a 8800 let me get to system bios screen

thanks

Did you try plugging your monitor into the other output?

You have to set widescreen reesolutions in the registry for warcraft 3. Mine works fine in 1680x1050 when I set it to that in the registry, So I dont see why it wouldnt work in the higher res.

I play warcraft 3 at liek 2048x or somethin looks fine even thought its not native ( i cant tell of any stretching or distortion looks GREAT!) :eek:

I got mine 2 weeks ago, and it does say HC on the box and it is
a Rev. AO2:) Plus its made in China. Hope that helps

Could you 30in HC owners give me some insight as to how it feels to be working with a large monitor daily. I'm thinking of upgrading from my dell 2407 to the 3007 HC, i've read the numerous reviews around and have gathered that its one of the if not the best gaming monitor on the market. But im curious as to how first hand experience is ? Do games feel more life like ? Are movies better on it than a HD 1080p TV ? Any other insight is appreciated, thanks.

Could you 30in HC owners give me some insight as to how it feels to be working with a large monitor daily. I'm thinking of upgrading from my dell 2407 to the 3007 HC, i've read the numerous reviews around and have gathered that its one of the if not the best gaming monitor on the market. But im curious as to how first hand experience is ? Do games feel more life like ? Are movies better on it than a HD 1080p TV ? Any other insight is appreciated, thanks.

Well the only thing i can say I am running a MSI 8600GT OC Card with the Dell 3007WFP-HC and it looks awesome which I had only for 2 weeks coming from a 21"HP CRT.

I am also playing lots of games and one of them is Infernal which is at Native Resolution it really looks life like, just imagine if I had a 8800Ultra card how it would Look.

Well the only thing i can say I am running a MSI 8600GT OC Card with the Dell 3007WFP-HC and it looks awesome which I had only for 2 weeks coming from a 21"HP CRT.

I am also playing lots of games and one of them is Infernal which is at Native Resolution it really looks life like, just imagine if I had a 8800Ultra card how it would Look.

Why would you even attempt to game on a 30" LCD without an 8800GTX or Ultra?

Is there any possible way to hook up an Xbox 360 to this monitor?

Not really. It may be possible with a component to DVI adapter of some sort, though I haven't ever done it myself. The XBox 360 Elite has an HDMI connector which can certainly be adapted to the 3007WFP and 3007WFP-HC but both models only have one input and therefore you'd have to disconnect your computer just to hook something else up. This thing was designed to be a computer monitor and nothing else.

I would wait for the third generation of 30" LCDs, because there is no point of upgrading now. Specially no HDMI connection, c'mon dell you can do better.

Not really. It may be possible with a component to DVI adapter of some sort, though I haven't ever done it myself. The XBox 360 Elite has an HDMI connector which can certainly be adapted to the 3007WFP and 3007WFP-HC but both models only have one input and therefore you'd have to disconnect your computer just to hook something else up. This thing was designed to be a computer monitor and nothing else.

Oh well, looks like I'm going for the Westy.

I would wait for the third generation of 30" LCDs, because there is no point of upgrading now. Specially no HDMI connection, c'mon dell you can do better.

I use my 57 dlp for High Def and my 48 hd tv , I purchased this becuase I feel its the best computer monitor for the money given my use of a computer:D

PS , if next generation is compelling enough or if i get the itch, i will buy it. You can spend you whole life waiting for next gen and never enjoying anything.

Just my .02

Back