[H] Quad Displays

Been running quads for a few years on my home p.c. Also running six monitors at the office on the same motherboard with good stability. Dig those Intel D975XBX motherboards Kyle, stability from day one. Also using Ultramon on both systems.

But how can you have 6 monitor? Even at 2 x PCI E x 16, w/ ea. slot able to support 2 DVI port, you can only get 4 x DVI output, how can you squeeze in 5th and 6th?

But how can you have 6 monitor? Even at 2 x PCI E x 16, w/ ea. slot able to support 2 DVI port, you can only get 4 x DVI output, how can you squeeze in 5th and 6th?

PCI graphics cards, some newer motherboards have 2 PCI-e x16 slots as well as a PCI-e x8 slot which is designed for PhysX, but can run a vid card just fine and dandy. Plus, there are things like the matrox solutions.

or even with pci-e x1 graphic cards or the new Matrox Digital TH2Go (For all dvi connections....)

tape guns are fun. everybody always makes fun of me for having one till i need it.

tape guns are fun.

PCI graphics cards, some newer motherboards have 2 PCI-e x16 slots as well as a PCI-e x8 slot which is designed for PhysX, but can run a vid card just fine and dandy. Plus, there are things like the matrox solutions.

So does all 3 PCI E video card has to be the same model? How would you install the driver? In other words, how does the computer knows how to apply 1 set of the very same driver to all 3 video card?

And is there enough I/O addr. range, DMA, IRQ for 3 video cards w/i 1 computer?

I'm gonna be joining the quad LCD party later this week when two new ones arrive, though it's going to be 4 split over 3 machines, not 4 on one machine. Plus MacBook (which I just got a call to say is repaired now) means I'll have 5 panels to look at, thinking of arranging them a bit like this;

maor_monitors.jpg

Of course I'm going to have to spend the day re-arranging the entire room again...

Sorry Sargent_Strider, hadn't checked the thread until now. Here's a pic from the other direction. As far as 6 monitors go, Intel's D975XBX line have 3 PCI-e slots.

Best,

Liquid Cool

P1000484.JPG

Matrox? Sure, go ahead and use them...if you think they're worth the cost.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Sorry Sargent_Strider, hadn't checked the thread until now. Here's a pic from the other direction. As far as 6 monitors go, Intel's D975XBX line have 3 PCI-e slots.

Best,

Liquid Cool

P1000484.JPG

Liquid, do you have software driver conflict problem during your installation? Also on your sig. you only have: "2xEVGA 8800GTS", what's the 3rd video card?

Hornsby's! Have you ever tried Woodchuck?

Unfortunately in Texas cider selection seems quite sparse. The only cider I am able to find is Hornsby's any place around here. I buy 4 sixpacks every time I get it and that tends to be all the huge grocery store has in stock lol.

If I could find Woodchuck, I'd happily try it.

Back