HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home

Altho I did notice on HFM that my times are way off on my i7 rig and I think this is throwing off my bonus calculation. It shows the proper TPF but according to SMP2 calc it should be 3 times higher (yes I have calc bonus on)

I did change the time zone on the VM, but I'm not sure how to get it set right, it's still a few hours off

Also, on my upstairs rig, I put in my 4 GPU clients, 3 of them read 2k lower a piece than fahmon (and EOC) put me at, and the fourth one doesn't work at all, keeps saying there is another client with that name/mach no.
I checked all the paths, they each point too their own folders, and all 4 have seperate numbers, been running steady a few months now

I think I like FahMon better. The bonus thing would be nice if it worked for me and the GPU's are just screwey, not sure what's up there
I'll keep trying it tho, the TPF feature makes checking points online easy, I just wish I didn't have to chck them online
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Altho I did notice on HFM that my times are way off on my i7 rig and I think this is throwing off my bonus calculation. It shows the proper TPF but according to SMP2 calc it should be 3 times higher (yes I have calc bonus on)

I did change the time zone on the VM, but I'm not sure how to get it set right, it's still a few hours off

Also, on my upstairs rig, I put in my 4 GPU clients, 3 of them read 2k lower a piece than fahmon (and EOC) put me at, and the fourth one doesn't work at all, keeps saying there is another client with that name/mach no.
I checked all the paths, they each point too their own folders, and all 4 have seperate numbers, been running steady a few months now

I think I like FahMon better. The bonus thing would be nice if it worked for me and the GPU's are just screwey, not sure what's up there
I'll keep trying it tho, the TPF feature makes checking points online easy, I just wish I didn't have to chck them online

I have this issue too.

Its a timeshift thing......for me at least

Hi guys, not sure about your troubles with GPUs. Never had any issue with them. All that needs to be read is a TPF and off it goes. If you could provide me a screen shot I'll do what I can to help you fix the issue. If you'd like to find me quicker... post up a discussion at the HFM Google Group, I monitor it constantly.

As far as the Issue with both your i7 bonus calculations. The issue there is like that the Download Time is not correct when being compared to the current time on the machine running HFM.

Say it's 6:00pm on your machine running HFM but your i7 thinks it's 8:00pm. Now as soon as HFM starts monitoring the machine running bigadv it's already going to think that unit has been in your possession for two hours, when in fact it is not. You may also have the client being reported as 'RunningAsync' (Blue) and not 'Running'.

For bonus calculations to be accurate, the client needs to be running in the same time frame as the machine running HFM. As of the build I'm about to post (0.4.9)... you can use to "Client Time Offset" value in the Folding Instance Setup dialog to not only adjust what HFM thinks the reported frame times are... but also now the Download Time (all times actually). This will allow you to correct a client and 1) get it running as 'Running' (Green) in lieu of 'RunningAsync' (Blue). 2) Fix the Download Time to yield a more accurate Bonus calculation.

New Version: 0.4.9 - Revision 154 - Beta - Download

Wow Again!!! (see my last release post) It's been a few since I've made an HFM update but I think it is well worth the wait. With the advent of the SMP2 client and readily available Bonus/KFactor work, HFM v0.4.8 hit an all time high in downloads for single version. Clock him in at over 2600 downloads!!! ...and I was all giddy about the 500 that v0.4.7 reeled in. :D

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a Feature Request? Please Join the Discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net

Downloaded. Thanks. ;)

I wonder how hard it would be to add a feature to have one or more temp sensors read and added into the web stat generation so we could also monitor cpu and/or board temps from the web page.

Just a thought.

Downloaded. Thanks. ;)

I wonder how hard it would be to add a feature to have one or more temp sensors read and added into the web stat generation so we could also monitor cpu and/or board temps from the web page.

Just a thought.

+1 this would be fantastic

THANK YOU x100000000 for adding the extra settings to the Reporting tab for secure email, the port #, etc. I can finally send myself alerts using my gmail. :D :D :D

[edit]No, seriously....
THANK YOU
I just got an email saying one of my 260s just EUE'd (roughly 2 minutes after I checked it and it was fine still). It probably would have sat for a few hours before I checked it again.
thank you so freakin' much. :D

Last edited:
Downloaded. Thanks. ;)

Just a thought.

We'll see what happens with the Plug-in system The Coolest is developing for CoreTemp... I've got plenty of fish to fry in the mean time. What about temperatures from rigs that are monitored over the network? I can see this being pretty easy on the machine running HFM and thus the Folding clients on that machine... but for others that are monitored over Network or even Http/Ftp.... Hummmm?

THANK YOU x100000000 for adding the extra settings to the Reporting tab for secure email, the port #, etc. I can finally send myself alerts using my gmail. :D :D :D

[edit]No, seriously....
THANK YOU
I just got an email saying one of my 260s just EUE'd (roughly 2 minutes after I checked it and it was fine still). It probably would have sat for a few hours before I checked it again.
thank you so freakin' much. :D

Good deal! :D Getting gmail working right was my intention. :)

Ahhh, good news and good ideas... unfortunately I have some bad news. :( See the next post...

New Version: 0.4.10 - Revision 156 - Beta - Download

It has been brought to my attention that Stanford has rules against accessing their cgi-bin based pages and HFM violates those rules by accessing the Project Information pages in a scripted manner. Please note, HFM only attempts to access these pages when users enable the Web Generation option on the Preferences -> Scheduled Tasks Tab. Continued use of the Web Generation feature in ANY prior version of HFM MAY result in your IP being blacklisted by Stanford. Please update to avoid any undue action against your IP and undue load on Stanford's servers. I apologize to anyone who may have been blacklisted. I have asked the Pande Group if they would remove any user's IP from the blacklist if they come forth citing this issue with HFM. I assure you my intentions are for the betterment of the FAH community and in no way was I intentionally trying to violate the rules - I was simply ignorant of them.

What upsets me the most is that I am not the victim here, but rather my users are the victim. Again, I apologize if you were effected and I hope you will continue to use and support HFM.

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a Feature Request? Please Join the Discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this program going
network temp sensors would be awesome! Would that work on dedicated Linux bigadv boxes tho?

I switched to this after using Fahmon for over a year and I prefer this so much more. Most of my team has changed over to HFM and that is what we push for new users. Thank you.

so, let's say my IP is blacklisted. What now?

depending on the ISP you have you just need to change your mac address on your router.. if you have multiple computers login to your router using a secondary computer and clone the mac address from that computer then restart your modem.. it should give you a different ip address since most isp's that use static ips are based off your mac address.. this is how i change my IP on comcast which bypasses their bogus 250GB limit thats not enforced on the west coast..

thanks for the info. refreshing my ip was my next step after emailing vijay. i did email him and he took care of me.

Good to know... I feel so bad about this the fact that I've put my users in this position. However, I spoke with Vijay regarding the issue and now that the issue has been corrected HFM I'm glad to see that users are being lifted from the blacklist. :)

So I've been having issues with HFM suddenly reporting my gpu clients as "offline" even though they're still running. The only way to clear up the issue that I've found is to delete the client in HFM and then re-add it to get it to recognize that the client is running and start tracking it again.

I didn't have this issue before so I want to say it's a bug with the current version? Unless there's an option that changed that I need to enable or disable.

Any ideas?

My bigadv doesnt show the bonus? i have the box check for bonus factor any idea's?

So I've been having issues with HFM suddenly reporting my gpu clients as "offline" even though they're still running. The only way to clear up the issue that I've found is to delete the client in HFM and then re-add it to get it to recognize that the client is running and start tracking it again.

I didn't have this issue before so I want to say it's a bug with the current version? Unless there's an option that changed that I need to enable or disable.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue with the grayed out client and have posted the issue on the Google group for hfm.net.

New Version: 0.5.0 - Revision 180 - Beta - Download

Whew! Been a couple of months since I last came around huh? I'm pleased to annouce the availability of HFM v0.5.0 - which includes the long awaited "auto-update" feature. Just a couple (five) words about this.

You have the option to turn on or off the check for updates on start-up. The ONLY time HFM will auto-check for updates is on start-up. However, there is also a manual check in the Help Menu that will provide you more verbose feedback than the auto-check will.

What does this mean? It means I'll be able to deliever updates and fixes more quickly and easily. It means I will be in a thread near you even less often than I already am now. I have about 9 threads where I maintain/update this same information when I release an update. It's time consuming and I can easily spend several hours getting all my threads updated. So, for smaller, less significant updates my plan is to forego the usual thread updates since running HFM can now tell you when an update is available. I'm going to look into scheduling update checks or another means of ongoing notification since, if you're like me, you don't shutdown HFM that often. ;)

When receiving an update notification you can download either the MSI or Zip distribution. If you're on Windows and download the MSI it will install once you exit HFM. No change to the Zip distribution, you're on your own.

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes. As always, if you need to find me quickly, see below. I usually answer pretty quickly.

---

Thank you for all of your hard work.
This is by far the best F@H monitoring app

Could I request a new feature? Namely that the email notification has the option to send emails for finished work units as well, not just EUE paused ones?

I have a bug. It's the same one that I reported quite a while ago, namely that when I minimize the window it pops back up with an error message. And now I have a mini log to boot:

Code:
HFM.NET v0.5.0

Exception Thrown:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Error creating window handle.
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.RecreateHandleCore()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.RecreateHandleCore()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_ShowInTaskbar(Boolean value)
   at HFM.Forms.frmMain.SetFormShowStyle()
   at HFM.Forms.frmMain.frmMain_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hey folks, Zero in particular:

How do we get the e-mail reporting going with a gmail account?

I've tried using both my username and my full address as my username.

SSL is checked

smtp.gmail.com

Port: 465

When I click "send test email" it just times out.

Sorry...zero2dash. He reported getting gmail going earlier in this thread.

Back