Highly dissapointed in the athlon fx55 from my pc4 at 4170mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
UnrealCpu said:
Yeah your absolutly right i should just return this setup and put back my good old trusty p4
The MSI board i am using sucks anyway compared to my ic7 max3 .
I think i will wait and just go SLI when it comes out
Of course it sucks! You're comparing here a 1st generation board versus a 4th generation board. That's the reason why I, myself, wasn't an early adopter of A64s.

iddqd said:
Of course it sucks! You're comparing here a 1st generation board versus a 4th generation board. That's the reason why I, myself, wasn't an early adopter of A64s.

OMG the difference is amazing , i went back to my p4C 3.0 at 4120mhz and the difference is so freaken awsome . My aquamark 3d score is at 77100 and when i had my athlon fx55 at 3.2 gighertz i was getting 81k
but the multitaksing is so much much much BETTER!
THE FX is going back i will be happy to know i will be with intel for a long long time. the fx 55 is crap and not worth the money.
INTEL is the pioneer and will always be the best when it comes to processor technology. My abit ic7 max 3 is flawless and i bought this system last year!!!

Well i am glad from this experience i will not feel jelious or feel and kind of envy towards a amd user again , when it comes to games , ok maybe 7-10fps better but still the multitasking is a killer when it comes to HT enabled.
I have felt the difference and i couldnt imagine running a p4 at 4500+ mhz would show on a prescott.
Just had to let this out

GOOD BYE MSI NEO 2
GOOD BYE AMD ATHLON CRAP FX
HELLO INTEL

UnrealCpu said:
Hey I am just makeing it a fact that athlon amd fx 55 is nt worth the money.

To you maybe, but look at the numbers the FX-55 kills the P-4's. Nothing personal. as I have tried to help you the whole way. You are making it a fact! That doesnt mean it is one. :D Good luck.

James Earl Ray said:
To you maybe, but look at the numbers the FX-55 kills the P-4's. Nothing personal. as I have tried to help you the whole way. You are making it a fact! That doesnt mean it is one. :D Good luck.

The athlon fx55 kills a stock p4 yes that is true.
Good for people on AIR

but im on vapochill LS and my p4 at 4120mhz is way better . Have you ever ran a P4 at 4100mhz + ?? and a amd athlon fx 55 at 3.2 gighertz ???

Id like to see the people here that have

heh ill take that FX and mobo if you dont want it >.> not like i do any thing real multitasking hell the heavyest i do is run winamp and play CS:S or NFSU:2 and i still get great FPS and no stuttering soo send the FX to me ^^ :D

UnrealCpu said:
Hey I am just makeing it a fact that athlon amd fx 55 is nt worth the money.

i'd agree, but at the same time the fx55 is a better value than the intel p4ee. the very top end processors are rarely, if ever a good value.

i'd also agree that multitasking is better on the p4, but the a64 runs single tasks 10-15% than a comparably rated; just depends on how the pc is used and what's important to the individual.

btw, i had an ic7 max3, and had nothing but problems with it. it was replaced by a neo2 865pe.

also have a k8n neo2 plat. that's rock solid at 270fsb, 1:1 mem, 3x HTT.

just goes to show that a single sample (one board) is not necessarily indicitive of the entire line.

UnrealCpu said:
Good for people on AIR

UnrealCpu said:
My aquamark 3d score is at 77100 and when i had my athlon fx55 at 3.2 gighertz i was getting 81k

so an oced fx55 kills a stock p4. can you explain the math in the numbers posted above? How is 81k not better than 77k? That's a 4k difference at a 1000mhz speed difference. Seems to me that 81k is better than 77k and that the AMD is killing an oced p4 too.

maybe my logic is way off, but it seems like that is just basic math.

M3at said:
so an oced fx55 kills a stock p4. can you explain the math in the numbers posted above? How is 81k not better than 77k? That's a 4k difference at a 1000mhz speed difference. Seems to me that 81k is better than 77k and that the AMD is killing an oced p4 too.

maybe my logic is way off, but it seems like that is just basic math.

its not worth the benchmarks to upgrade my p4c at 4120mhz
The athlon fx is a great buy if you are thinking of going extreme for processor power. But as where i stand i would be better off waiting a few more months before spending hard earned cash on such a mild upgrade. I couldnt tell the difference in games. yes far cry did load alittle faster and play a few fps faster but not to justify spending 1k on a mobo and cpu as a upgrade.

I am an attention whore, I have a lot of nice gear, and would like to make that known.

How about posting in amd forum that amd sucks?

Sounds like a plan.

UnrealCpu said:
Good for people on AIR

but im on vapochill LS and my p4 at 4120mhz is way better . Have you ever ran a P4 at 4100mhz + ?? and a amd athlon fx 55 at 3.2 gighertz ???

Id like to see the people here that have

The problem is you don't have any clue as to what your doing with an Athlon 64. That's the problem. My old A64 is just as good as your P4 AquaMark and 3D01 with a measly 2.4ghz and a 9800pro. If I can do it, obvioulsy you don't have a clue as to what you are doing with a FX55 @ 3.2ghz.

UnrealCpu said:
The athlon fx is a great buy if you are thinking of going extreme for processor power. But as where i stand i would be better off waiting a few more months before spending hard earned cash on such a mild upgrade. I couldnt tell the difference in games. yes far cry did load alittle faster and play a few fps faster but not to justify spending 1k on a mobo and cpu as a upgrade.
That's great detective work right there, Sherlock.

This thread makes me sick. It could be because I am already sick, but this thread didn't help any, I don't think.

The real problem here is you guys are not cynical enough. I don’t have that issue ;)

In my opinion this guy never had a 4120 mhz-P4 and I really don’t believe he had an AMD 64 either. IF he did they why match it with a really inferior video card? Too many holes in the “story” (don’t even mention screen shots, I’ll make you all you want)

This is the same kind of personality that posts negative comments in places like New Egg but has never owned the product.

He was here to “bust balls”, nothing more. It’s unfortunate that the forums are full of people like this, but they are.

I’ll help anyone I possibly can but when people constantly reject your help and add insult to injury that’s the time to call it quits.

This same kind of guy is the one driving prices up by either returning stuff he wanted to “try out” or unfortunately having some influence on a truly uninformed future buyer.

If this individual isn’t 13 he is operating on the mentality of a 13 year old. It’s a shame, but it does happen.

BillR said:
The real problem here is you guys are not cynical enough. I don’t have that issue ;)

In my opinion this guy never had a 4120 mhz-P4 and I really don’t believe he had an AMD 64 either. IF he did they why match it with a really inferior video card? Too many holes in the “story” (don’t even mention screen shots, I’ll make you all you want)

This is the same kind of personality that posts negative comments in places like New Egg but has never owned the product.

He was here to “bust balls”, nothing more. It’s unfortunate that the forums are full of people like this, but they are.

I’ll help anyone I possibly can but when people constantly reject your help and add insult to injury that’s the time to call it quits.

This same kind of guy is the one driving prices up by either returning stuff he wanted to “try out” or unfortunately having some influence on a truly uninformed future buyer.

If this individual isn’t 13 he is operating on the mentality of a 13 year old. It’s a shame, but it does happen.
I agree.

to original poster:
In proof, you would have to submit one (1) picture of yourself holding today's issue of newspaper, and wearing boxers, and a hat, while standing in front of your system (so that both the phase changer, and the CPU-Z on the monitor is visible. If you fail to provide such proof, we will not beleive you have in your possession either a P4, or an AFX.

iddqd said:
I agree.

to original poster:
In proof, you would have to submit one (1) picture of yourself holding today's issue of newspaper, and wearing boxers, and a hat, while standing in front of your system (so that both the phase changer, and the CPU-Z on the monitor is visible. If you fail to provide such proof, we will not beleive you have in your possession either a P4, or an AFX.

Boxers? Naww, this is more of a tighty whitey guy don’t you think? :rolleyes:

ShaolinDragon said:
Visible Assassin thats just stupid.... Why do people buy systems like that? So they can play games at the highest setting. To be honest I cant really see someone buying an FX55 and 6800Ultra, just to run Word....
Next time do us a favour and shut up unless you have something helpful to add.

Actually i Agree with Visible 110% over my years here i've seen more crying mommy type boys when something doesn't OC well i think its a sad state of things

So i suggest that you go back to your little perfect mommie and daddies room and cry to them

UnrealCpu said:

Well duh. Did you really think that going from 4120mhz from Intel to AMD's fx55 would be a big gain? Even having both chips stock speed, you wouldn't see a big enough increase to make 1000$ worth your time.

So, now can you explain why you have stated many times over that AMD sucks?

The only problem I see with this thread are the hints of flame.

BillR said:
Boxers? Naww, this is more of a tighty whitey guy don’t you think? :rolleyes:

Well its about that time to wash away that dielectrilc greese on that processor after coming out of the Vapochill.

9846DSCN1772.JPG

kinda blurry but you get the point , that this processor is crap
9846DSCN1771.JPG

And another a nice and clean FX55 for a future gay amd lover'
9846DSCN1773.JPG

A nice and clean MSI board that is riddled with problems, remeber this board has a temp problem so i thought id cool it down

9846DSCN1775.JPG

Here is a nice photo of my foot on top of the crap amdfx55 and MSI board ,
Amd if your watching eat your heart out
9846DSCN1776.JPG

And finally a pic of my 1 year old processor and cpu which holds up nicely back in its trusty cooling system.
9846DSCN1777.JPG

AMD SUCKS ASS NOT WORTH MY MONEY

On the other hand, a 3700+ at 2.8GHz is very nice for only $400... :p would be about as good as your 4.1GHz Northwood, and no phase changers needed :)

You might ask- "But, iddqd, why a 3700+?!" ... well, that's because s754 board are much better (such as the one I'm using right now), and don't have the same issues that the first-generation s939 boards are going through right now.

iddqd said:
On the other hand, a 3700+ at 2.8GHz is very nice for only $400... :p would be about as good as your 4.1GHz Northwood, and no phase changers needed :)

You might ask- "But, iddqd, why a 3700+?!" ... well, that's because s754 board are much better (such as the one I'm using right now), and don't have the same issues that the first-generation s939 boards are going through right now.

Ok i had a athlon fx 55 why would a processor such as a 3700+ be better than the one i had?

you dont make sense

Klaasman said:
I think you are GPU limited at this point.
Wait till you can get an Nforce 4 SLI board with two GPU's and I'll bet you'll see a difference.
Oh, and your Hyper Transport is set at 2x? What is your FSB set at?
You should try to keep your HTT (Hyper Transport) running as close to 1000mhz as possible.
No need to set it down to 2 unless you have the FSB at 500.

My Hyper Transports at 896 . thats 1792 DDR ;)

You got funny feet! :D seriously. can I get a pic of your case. I am buying a Vapo in Jan and would like to see how it looks.

I'll buy or trade that FX-55 off of you, provided the water you poured all over it didn't break it :D.

Maybe you'd have more luck with my FX-53 :p

UnrealCpu said:
Ok i had a athlon fx 55 why would a processor such as a 3700+ be better than the one i had?

you dont make sense
Because the boards are better. You've paid the price for being an early adopter. A 3700+ is by the way, the same core as FX-53. (they are the new breed of ClawHammers, although not quite as new as the 4000+/FX-55). Still, some dude overclocked one to almost 3GHz on 1.8vcore. Think of what you could do at, say 2.11vcore? And that's readily available on my board. More with a volt-mod.

iddqd said:
Because the boards are better. You've paid the price for being an early adopter. A 3700+ is by the way, the same core as FX-53. (they are the new breed of ClawHammers, although not quite as new as the 4000+/FX-55). Still, some dude overclocked one to almost 3GHz on 1.8vcore. Think of what you could do at, say 2.11vcore? And that's readily available on my board. More with a volt-mod.

It wouldn't matter if he could do 5ghz, he's still an Intel fan boy that is just flaming the AMD forum.

I not only get to spit flames, I also add flaming pics to my posts, the attention whore that I am.

M3at said:
It wouldn't matter if he could do 5ghz, he's still an Intel fan boy that is just flaming the AMD forum.
Let's not make assumptions here. We've already made enough (that have proven to be largely correct).

being 12 years old was fun. Wish I was that age again. Then again, I could always revert back to that age mentally.

iddqd said:
Let's not make assumptions here. We've already made enough (that have proven to be largely correct).

iddqd,
I'll give you my mATX A64 3000+ for your box. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back