HIS is running a rebate scam

When all else fails, contact the BBB. I can't tell you how many times I've had to go through the BBB because companies were not doing what they were supposed to do. So far, the BBB has gotten me results 100% of the time so if you don't have any luck, go through them.

Also, blacklisted. Thanks.

Hahaha I love that HIS "Video signal reduction card"

That is way tooo much. It looks like they just soldered a few caps to a black pcb and boxed it up.

also on the box
"Up to 10% improvement in signal to noise ratio"

who cares?!

from newegg

Pros: well, it fit in the slot and the computer booted and it didn't seem unhappy about being on the machine... though it's kind of stand-offish... i mean, i can't really tell if it's interacting with the other components. i'm worried it might feel alienated or something? nothing in my dx9 or GL games seems changed. should i use a different flavor electricity?

Cons: i'm afraid to say cause the card might read this post and sulk.

I feel your pain.
I have dealt with MIRs from Coolermaster, ASUS and Corsair recently.....all were honored but I think Coolermaster took nearly 6 months to get back. (By that time it's sort of like finding money in your jeans pocket you forgot about)

AT&T on the other hand screwed me TWICE on rebates.
Once they denied it because they couldnt find the purchase date on the triplicate receipt I sent them.......a total load of shit.
The second time a number was transcribed incorrectly.
Both were on expensive cellular phones.
One was corrected on the third phone call.......the other is in catch 22 land. I made copies of the receipt, but of course the company doesnt accept "copies". Makes you want to pull out your hair. I think I've spoken with 5 or 6 different people.

What chaps my ass is the company never attempts to correct the mistake, they just deny the MIR and make it as much of a pain in the ass as they can for you to get what they offered in the first place.

Good to know. Guess that's another reason for me to stick with VTek for ATi cards.

On another note: Logitech and Corsair really has been great with MIR's for me.. I've probably send 6-8 of them, and have gotten them all back at a pretty decent time rate.

If they really want to stick with rebates instead of lowering the price, you would think by now you could e-file for it, and they could transfer you the money directly

yea it always look like its been photocopied no? :confused:

Ill let yo know how my rebate goes.. or ill post up on here..

Yes, please do.

On another note, I'm seeing a couple oher gripes about rebates in genereal, or from other companies. Yes, rebates are a PITA, but I've recieved prompt rebates from great companies like Corsair, OCZ, and Logitech. My main gripe in this thread is about a rebate that is theoretically impossible to aquire.

If they really want to stick with rebates instead of lowering the price, you would think by now you could e-file for it, and they could transfer you the money directly

The reason they do rebates is they know people won't bother sending it in, or do it wrong. For every extra step they add, they fulfill less rebates and make more money

^^^ yup!

most mail in rebates, companies do them, because they hope people wont actually send in for them,, forget too, lose their receipt, etc, so when people start to actually claim them, i am sure the company handling it makes it as difficult as possible

They intentionally make it take 2-3 months to receive to add to the aggravation of the whole process. I would not mind mir to much if they only took a couple weeks tops.

Similar thing happened to me - the MIR handlers rejected my $40 MIR submission, claiming I didn't include a packing slip in my submission. Nice way to ensure I never buy an HIS product again guys. :p

I sent them a PDF of my Newegg invoice via their online form and I'll see if it gets me anywhere (though I'm not counting on it). If (or rather, when ;)) that doesn't work, I'll probably contact Newegg and see what how they respond. :)

Sorry to hear about how you are being treated OP...

thanks for the heads up and I'll be staying away from HIS products as well

Thanks OP, blacklisted.

Also, put me in the column of people who don't even bother with MIR's anymore.

thanks OP, i'll never buy from HIS now. there's too many respectable vendors for them to be pulling this kind of shit. with this kind of business practice i doubt they'll be around much longer.

Yeah whenever I've sent in any rebates from Newegg I sent in a printed copy of the invoice from my email as well. Not sure why, I just did.

Thanks for the support guys, we'll use this thread to keep a tally of all the people who have had this issue.

I always have perceived HIS to be a cheap-o brand that shoves gigantic coolers on their card to look fancy :/ (IE - honda civic with NOS sticker and hood scoop) Guess I may be right.

Ok, Is their anyone who sent in a HIS rebate from newegg and actually got a rebate check back? :confused:

All I gotta say is Dam. So far Ive gotten every rebate I sent in even from newegg. Ive never had a rebate experience with HIS and bcuz of this thread I dont plan too. But I did just order the HIS 4850 1GB ICEQ4 Edition. Thank God my purchasing decision wasnt reliant on a rebate I mightve passed up on it :rolleyes:

OCZ and NCIX once scammed me on a rebate.

I decided this time I would not include the rebate in my evaluation of the cost of the hardware. In other words, I chose RAM the last time based on the cost BEFORE the rebate. And if I get the rebate, fine, if not, the next time I'm filing complaints with the BBB, Chamber of Commerce and the office of the Attorney General (ATTN: F.O.I.A.).

And, I could always mail them a container filled with my shit to express my real opinion of those kinds of "business practices" (if you can call it that).

Sometimes when I think about crap like that I'd like to walk around with a nuclear bomb and shove it up the ass of the next person who ticks me off.

OCZ and NCIX once scammed me on a rebate.

I decided this time I would not include the rebate in my evaluation of the cost of the hardware. In other words, I chose RAM the last time based on the cost BEFORE the rebate. And if I get the rebate, fine, if not, the next time I'm filing complaints with the BBB, Chamber of Commerce and the office of the Attorney General (ATTN: F.O.I.A.).

And, I could always mail them a container filled with my shit to express my real opinion of those kinds of "business practices" (if you can call it that).

Sometimes when I think about crap like that I'd like to walk around with a nuclear bomb and shove it up the ass of the next person who ticks me off.
Send them some Jenkem.

@ OP, sorry to here about this. I will never buy an HIS card again.

Oh yeah, wtf is this shit?
00-997-026-03.jpg

Canada computers screwed me on a rebate for crucial ram. They posted the ram as having a MIR on their website. I bought the ram and submitted all my paperwork perfectly. I received a notice from Crucial telling me that I didn't qualify because of my purchase date. Turns out the date I bought the ram was about 2 days before the rebate began. But the advertisement on the website did not state this. So it's not crucial's fault (although they are being anally retentive jerks), and Canada Computers won't even respond to my emails. I plan to boycott them from now on, which is too bad because they used to be my favourite place.

Newegg will look into it for you. I left a bad review about the eVGA 8600gt I bought for my second display that had a $40 MIR. Sent it in at the last minute from home (didn't make copies of my UPC), and my MIR status gets updated that I did not send the rebate with my UPC so it isn't valid. It's complete BS because I taped the UPC to a piece of paper... no way it could have 'slipped' away.

Anyways, newegg looked into my review and afterwards told me to contact eVGA, and they should take care of me. But no copy, no MIR. Shame that eVGA lost my business over $40 since I currently have $800 of their hardware in my current PC (and 3 previous gen GPU purchases). This was the ONLY MIR that I have not received back.

The egg will at least make an effort to help you out. Good luck with it.

Canada computers screwed me on a rebate for crucial ram. They posted the ram as having a MIR on their website. I bought the ram and submitted all my paperwork perfectly. I received a notice from Crucial telling me that I didn't qualify because of my purchase date. Turns out the date I bought the ram was about 2 days before the rebate began. But the advertisement on the website did not state this. So it's not crucial's fault (although they are being anally retentive jerks), and Canada Computers won't even respond to my emails. I plan to boycott them from now on, which is too bad because they used to be my favourite place.
Every rebate I've ever sent in has had the "effective purchase dates" clearly listed on the form. You can't expect a company to hold your hand through the process of getting you money; always read the fine print.

Anyway, that sucks OP, best of luck in getting it resolved and it's good it's getting some notice (I'm very interested to hear from Kyle about what AMD/ATI NA has to say). Anyway, I'll definitely stay away from HIS now as well.

The only rebate I never got even after taking post-denial action was from MSI. Whoever their rebate processor was was totally uninterested in ever paying anything out. I mean, to the point where they just lied about anything and everything even after being sent scans of the submitted materials. A small claims suit over $20 isn't worth it, and they know it.

MSI: you lost a ton of follow-up cash there with your scammy rebate processor. Good job.

I haven't bought HIS either in a long time, not because of a rebate problem but because I actually bought one of their video cards once. It (their fancy cooler) just wasn't worth the money.

OTOH, creative may have the worst support ever, but damn if they don't pay their rebates within 30 days every time.

Ok, Is their anyone who sent in a HIS rebate from newegg and actually got a rebate check back? :confused:
My rebate is scheduled to be sent out on the 11th of this month for a HIS Promotion in July if I recall. However, mine was for 10$. I did note the packing slip requirement in addition to the other items which I stapled all together, stapled the UPC to the receipt with upc Circled, and made scans of all the items and placed it in my rebate folder.

Personally the deal must be a hot deal pre-rebate and I try to avoid any rebate >30$. In the last year I had to retrieve/send several copies of my submissions because either they never received it or they only accepted one rebate instead of both (ie circuit city double rebates).

One trick I learned was to staple the UPC to the receipt, with it circled, I have yet to see a notice indicating they did not get my receipt or UPC since I started this practice. Maybe that explains the shift from not included to we did not receive the submission:(

On a side note I have noticed a trend with many rebate houses indicating the delay in payment is waiting on funds from the manufacturer. Coolermaster was an example in which I waited close to 6-7 months on several rebates from them. Abit was pretty close at 4-5 months. Hopefully this recent Asus rebate goes a little better but when I called today to follow-up to make sure they received both my rebates (bought 2 and rebate allowed 2 per household and only saw one tracked) they also indicated they were waiting on funds from the vendor.

EVGA rebates seems to be the most consistant thus far for me. Usually <6 weeks after shipping the letter out.

I always take mail-in rebates pretty lightly...like they're more of a bonus and never a deal breaker in buying an item.

Yeah, i always protect myself with rebates. Copies, pictures, and cert. mail.... like my 100 dollar ACER rebate. I have never had a rebate that ive never recieved, and thats why i continue to buy things with rebates simply because i know that ill get them as long as i protect myself. The only thing that is annoying is that some places take like 2-3 months while others take only a month.... and you kinda get worried about it because they are all so inconsistent.

I prefer to just avoid MIR like the plague and never consider them when looking for the best deal.

I bought one HIS card a long time ago, but no more!

I will just buy HERS....oh god that was gheytarded/corny.

Boycotting MIR's is the only real way to go since these companies don't handle their own rebates. Chances are that whoever you buy from instead probably uses the same company for rebates that HIS uses, or another that's just as full of it

A HIS 4850 was in my newegg shopping cart for purchase in the next couple weeks, but I just removed it permanently.

Good luck with them.

Back