HIS Radeon 6850 1GB $139.50 Ebay shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legit, in the sense that you get the card.

Everyone. Listen. Please.

I. Will. Say. This. Slowly...

Everyone who has ordered this card and has commented so far has not reported any trouble whatsoever. That also includes myself. The buyer also ships with 2-day Express shipping. I ordered mine on the night of the 2nd and got it on the 5th.

There is no reason to be skeptical as of yet, and should there be, we'll deal with that obstacle when we get there.

It will be *roughly* 180% of a 9800GTX. In terms of raw FPS derived. It also draws less power than one :D

My finger is twitching over the buy it now, I already have one 5850 and have been looking somewhat for a 2nd, maybe 2 of these would be just as good.

Edit: too late, thank God

performance from 4890 to 6850?

others have said the performance isn't worth it. I gotta say that it is worth it, the games are playing in dx10, the quality of visuals is across the board better. I went from a 4850 to this and couldn't be happier.

Worth 140 bux? I would say maybe, depends on you. It was worth 280 bux for me because I bought two. It's a great way to justify an upgrade, 140 bux is a tiny amount to pay for a card that offers this much performance. I paid close to 200 for a 4830 when they were top of my budget and for 140 this thing stomps the deal I thought I got for a 4830.

I ordered on the 10th, still waiting for the card. He never updated the auction on ebay notifying me it shipped. But I contacted him and he told me he had shipped it and would update tracking later, still waiting, we'll see, I'll update when it arrives. Seems very legitimate according to his feedback, 105 transactions, 0 Negatives.

How does this work? Newegg doesn't have a reseller program, and I tried to put 100 of these into my Small Business account's shopping cart, but no volume discount showed up. I'd like to know how to get in on this racket. Even if he's only making $10/card, I would love to get in on this.

How does this work? Newegg doesn't have a reseller program, and I tried to put 100 of these into my Small Business account's shopping cart, but no volume discount showed up. I'd like to know how to get in on this racket. Even if he's only making $10/card, I would love to get in on this.

Probably has a direct contact. I work for a small networking equipment distributor, and all of our sales are handled via email and phone... and building business relations. Maybe if you promise a certain # of sales per month, and pay upfront, you can get NewEgg to follow along...

EDIT: it's also like ording a Dell laptop. Only the dummies order off of the website's price :p Simply calling can get you free upgraded shipping, or a nice discount just for haggling. You just have to be nice, constant, and very patient. There is a sizeable thread on NBR forums specifically on ordering from Dell, lol.

Well, I got one for someone... I figured someone on this forum would want one. First one to PM me gets it and either you gift me paypal money or you paypal him yourself and I'll make ebay send to your address

This card is amazing so far. Running TF2 and WoW on max settings @ 1680x1050 with no lag at all. Love it!

This card is amazing so far. Running TF2 and WoW on max settings @ 1680x1050 with no lag at all. Love it!

Ditto. BC2 @ Maximum settings 2x AA 16x AF and I can comfortably play multiplayer.

This eBay seller needs to get an appreciation thread on [H] or something for enabling mainstream gamers to max out 16 x 10. :)

Yeah, best case scenario really.
Not worth it, even at this price.

Would you change your mind if you were able to sell the 4890 for $100 on ebay? I'm thinking I might make this purchase if the 6850 will give me better compatibility with my new 3D TV (ie HDMI 1.4).

Looks like all these sellers found the same truck that these cards fell off of. :D

Until the police come knocking on your door & arrest you for possession of stolen property.

Cause that's what happens, random guy buys something off Ebay where Millions of items are sold and it happens to be stolen and the police track that one guy down and arrest him right away.... they would have to prove that you knew it was stolen. Which unless someone knows something we don't, they are not.

The stats on them seem lower than my HIS 5830

his 6850

Core Clock
775MHz

Stream Processors
960 Stream Processing Units

vs

his 5830

Core Clock
800MHz

Stream Processors
1120 Stream Processing Units

I talked to the guy on eBay; his brother is a manager at Newegg. He buys through the employee purchase program and resells on eBay for a profit. I asked if he could get me anything else, he said no. :(

I talked to the guy on eBay; his brother is a manager at Newegg. He buys through the employee purchase program and resells on eBay for a profit. I asked if he could get me anything else, he said no. :(
I hate to say it, but how else do you expect him to respond?
"Yeah I'm buying these with stolen credit cards"?

Manager at NewEgg, eh?
A likely story, indeed.

But if he was using stolen CC/PP info, he could have got me anything they have for sale.

Well, I bought one. I don't game much anymore on PC but at 5 years old now my old ATI x1300 Pro was a dinosaur when it was released, now it's more like a relic. Now i've gotta update the rest of my PC...

I don't think I've ever seen a more doubted "Hot Deal". Not as in doubting whether the deal is good or not, but more about how legit the deal is. I don't get it. How did someone ever come up with the idea to doubt this guy? I mean, when I see a price in the Hot Deals section I don't say to myself, "Oh that's done with a stolen credit card!". Damn people, either buy it or move along. There's no need to open a nationwide investigation into it. I could understand it if someone was scamming someone by taking their money and then not shipping, but there's plenty of cases here where people have gotten their cards without problem.

I'd love to see the comparison.

Hah - I'm running a 3870...ftw? I'm debating between this and the GTX 460 768MB, but...but this one seems more future proof? Or I could get the 460 and then SLI them later when this monitor eventually dies and I get a 1920x. (It's a 1680 at the moment. Gogo Samsung 226BW!)

In any case, good deal. I'm glad it's gone so I don't have to worry about which video card I need to get. The GTX 460 @ $90 AR sounds waaaay too good as well. *sigh*

it may be gone.. but it will be back I am sure.. This isnt the 1st go around, & probably wont be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back