HIS Radeon 6850 1GB $139.50 Ebay shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah - I'm running a 3870...ftw? I'm debating between this and the GTX 460 768MB, but...but this one seems more future proof? Or I could get the 460 and then SLI them later when this monitor eventually dies and I get a 1920x. (It's a 1680 at the moment. Gogo Samsung 226BW!)

In any case, good deal. I'm glad it's gone so I don't have to worry about which video card I need to get. The GTX 460 @ $90 AR sounds waaaay too good as well. *sigh*

why would you get the 768mb version.. you should always go for the 1gb one. the 6850 is equivalent to the gtx 460 1gb version but more efficient

I don't think I've ever seen a more doubted "Hot Deal". Not as in doubting whether the deal is good or not, but more about how legit the deal is. I don't get it. How did someone ever come up with the idea to doubt this guy? I mean, when I see a price in the Hot Deals section I don't say to myself, "Oh that's done with a stolen credit card!". Damn people, either buy it or move along. There's no need to open a nationwide investigation into it. I could understand it if someone was scamming someone by taking their money and then not shipping, but there's plenty of cases here where people have gotten their cards without problem.

It is GOOD that people are concerned about buying stolen or otherwise illegitimate merchandise. Sure, some people seem to be getting a bit carried away.

Initially this deal looked to good to be true, now that some others have dropped their prices into this range it does not seem to be too good to be true.

Basic business sense will tell you there is more than meets the eye. It's a hot deal all right but not because of the low price. I can't believe how ready some people are to believe in the legitimacy of a seller, regardless of the red flags. I shouldn't have to point out all those red flags for you lot, they're numerous and obvious. Yes, they could be explained by legitimate reasons, but you don't have to ask someone hanging out on the corner of MLK Blvd at midnight if he's selling dope.

Lack of common sense (or ignorance) is not a valid excuse when you are charged with receiving stolen goods.

And FFS why would anyone take even a 0.1% risk with that sort of thing to save 30 bucks? It boggles the mind.

Basic business sense will tell you there is more than meets the eye. It's a hot deal all right but not because of the low price. I can't believe how ready some people are to believe in the legitimacy of a seller, regardless of the red flags. I shouldn't have to point out all those red flags for you lot, they're numerous and obvious. Yes, they could be explained by legitimate reasons, but you don't have to ask someone hanging out on the corner of MLK Blvd at midnight if he's selling dope.

Lack of common sense (or ignorance) is not a valid excuse when you are charged with receiving stolen goods.

And FFS why would anyone take even a 0.1% risk with that sort of thing to save 30 bucks? It boggles the mind.

Indeed.

This++. MY next card for crossfire will be from egg probably next month for $20 more or so....I see 6850's there for $159.99 after MIR.

The seller has an exemplary history on ebay, selling various electronics.( and one silverware setting) He regularly comments to buyers, His buyers all give him great reviews. His behavior is that of a legitimate seller and the only "red flag" I see is that the price is $30.00 below expected retail. I do not see that as evidence of inpropriety as I do not expect to pay retail prices when shopping ebay.

The seller has an exemplary history on ebay, selling various electronics.( and one silverware setting) He regularly comments to buyers, His buyers all give him great reviews. His behavior is that of a legitimate seller and the only "red flag" I see is that the price is $30.00 below expected retail. I do not see that as evidence of inpropriety as I do not expect to pay retail prices when shopping ebay.

Exactly!

What "many signs" has he given that this is not legit? Because his price is cheap? As said above, I don't expect to pay retail prices on eBay; that's why I go there. Unfortunately, most people on there want more than retail for new stuff. Just like when I come to the For Sale forum here, and I see someone who wants over $100 for a damn socket 939 x2 cpu. I don't care how rare the chip is; I'm not going to pay more for old tech than what I could buy a whole motherboard, cpu, ram combo that is brand new tech and better. I haven't bought a card, nor plan to, but I just don't understand the self-righteousness that I've seen on display here. The people who have bought cards are treated like they're supporting terrorism or something, and there's just no proof to support it.

Actually I think one of the guys here who got a card called newegg and found out the card was bought with a stolen CC #.

Actually I think one of the guys here who got a card called newegg and found out the card was bought with a stolen CC #.

anecdotal or can you find the thread? Not that im ordering this card, but this is the kind of FUD that if its only 'i think' can ruin a sellers rep.

anecdotal or can you find the thread? Not that im ordering this card, but this is the kind of FUD that if its only 'i think' can ruin a sellers rep.
It's in one of these threads, but yes someone did "call" Newegg, or so they say.
I don't believe Newegg would tell a random caller details about a buyer, though. Seems fake to me. ;)

It's in one of these threads, but yes someone did "call" Newegg, or so they say.
I don't believe Newegg would tell a random caller details about a buyer, though. Seems fake to me. ;)

+1 you people are worrying way too much. Even if it is stolen (which it isn't), there's no way you'd be charged with a crime. That's utterly ridiculous. Worst case is that you forfeit the item, butyou could just say you sold it or lost it. Plus no law enforcement has the resources to track all these down. They have way more important things to do.

As far as I know, another forum member bought this card, received his item and then later called Newegg to see if something was fishy. Apparently Newegg informed him that the sellers account was locked that day and would be looked into. However, this is the 3rd round (that I know of) that this seller's put stuff up, and the 1st since the supposed call-in. The thread this was mentioned is the locked one in discussions.

it was bullshit, i bought two items from the seller, one was before that "genius" decided to call newegg and supposedly "locked" his account, the second item was after that. I received both items just fine and the buyer info were the same on the newegg packing slip.

Sounds like guy charges these cards on his account at reg p0rice and sells then on ebay to make cash. Sometimes you have to have cash.

If there are so many "red flags" that are "numerous and obvious", I invite you to enlighten the less fortunate crowd, rather than spout off about ignorance and valid excuses and whatever you seem to think the truth is. As of now there are no outward signs that make this seller's means of acquisition questionable, and neither you, nor anyone else has provided evidence toward that conclusion.

If there are so many "red flags" that are "numerous and obvious", I invite you to enlighten the less fortunate crowd, rather than spout off about ignorance and valid excuses and whatever you seem to think the truth is. As of now there are no outward signs that make this seller's means of acquisition questionable, and neither you, nor anyone else has provided evidence toward that conclusion.

Not to mention the fact that "lack of common sense and ignorance" are exactly the valid type of defense needed to keep from being charged with possession of stolen property.

this is why soooo many innocent people get charged with crimes and imprisoned.

this is the mentality of many people. i'm glad i'm not this seller in question and being harrassed but all these idiots who have way way too much time on their hands!!!

to the newegg caller... your a dumba$$!! what proof did you have to try and cause this man all this grief.

don't make bullshit up, holy fucking crap, you made that up, I posted and was involved in the other thread, and you completely made that entire post up.

Some guy really did post that he called newegg and they told him they'd look into the guy's account or that it was bought with a stolen card or something like that. I read it. But like others, I can't see newegg talking to someone about somebody else's account. And like others have said, since this guy has been back up and running 2 or 3 times since the supposed phone call, it just doesn't add up.

I heard that Walmarts stuff is all stolen and thats how some of their prices are so low... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back