HOT! Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 for $59.95 shipped

I'm in no hurry so I'll wait. But that's just me

Edit: Mine shipped today...I'm cheap took the free shipping option

Thanks for posting this, just a few months ago I was considering the Ballistix DDR2-667 pair at the Egg when it was about 40% more. This shatters that deal. This could be the last great one before the switchover to DDR3. Anyone know how these run in 4x config? Just have to disable CPC?

I just got the same backorderd email. WTF? I ordered this like 2 days ago.

Well that was odd, I got an email today saying the item shipped. Sure enough, fedex shows it will be here Monday. Fine with me!

I ordered mine on Monday, got the shipping confirmation on Monday, and received them today (Thursday). Not too shabby for Free shipping! Ended up being a very nice deal, minus the plastic packaging, oh well the ram looks very nice.

but do you get a 10 dollar magazine rebate at ZZF?

Mine shipped from buy.com, they'll be sitting at my friends house when I get back from new mexico :)

So would this be alright paired with a 1333MHz FSB processor and P35 board? Or should I have gotten DDR2 1066?

Christ I bought another combo

I am going to have to ban myself from this forum, otherwise I will be eating ramen noodles for the next year :cool:

If you guys missed out on this deal. here it is at Fry's for $49.95 (yes, I ordered a 2nd set.. for what i dunno :) )

Link

I also cancelled this order. I placed it last tuesday at 8 a.m. Eastern time. I finally got an email back saying it was still in fulfillment and it was back ordered, after contacting customer support due to being able to check my status online for almost a week. This was my first buy.com order experience and I can't say I am very happy about it.

I got my order in last week and they went "shipped" the next day. About my only complaint is they shipped both sets in a bubble wrap large envelope.

Now I'm not terribly worried but since I wont be installing these stix for at least 2 months I DID have a concern that they were "flexed" while in the envelope. They were in their small plastic cases but realistically someone could have bent them enough to damage the sticks through that envelope if they werent careful. A box would have been better IMHO.

And of course I wont know for a long time so good luck if I have to RMA them.

I have them but have nothing to test them in... my current home computer is "ancient" at nearly 4 years old.

Just test them when you get them, but RMAs with Crucial I believe are relatively easy.

I used to buy all of my work ram from Crucial (back when I controlled where stuff got bought)

Their RMA process is painless. I used to cross ship without issue. I highly recommend them for both the product and customer service.

Now I work in a much larger company and it's low bid on a particular spec. Still decent stuff though, I've never seen lousy RAM here. Lots of OEM Compaq- we have thousands.

does buy.com have a phone number, or another way to contact besides email, iv been emailing them for 4 days and have yet to get a response, i would like to call them

It's right on the front page at the very top, 800-800-0800. Just press 0 a few times to get an operator if you have problems navigating the menu.

It's right on the front page at the very top, 800-800-0800. Just press 0 a few times to get an operator if you have problems navigating the menu.

Is that for ordering only, or can i complain with that number also :p. Cause they charged me 3 times for 1 order.

Don't know if this is posted in another thread, and checked back up to ~post 80 here, but buy.com has a nice AR/GC price.

$90, $40 MIR, and of course the usual $10 GC rebate too, and free ship. So $40 AR, and FWIW Crucial was prompt with mine (Newegg past deal ~$110ish-$47MIR), at least notification via email that they got and were processing it...Well see how long it actually takes them before I get the $47 check in the mail.

YEah I'm curious too about rebates, usually how long it takes them?

They owe me like 140$ in rebates after my last shopping spree :(

I tried to cancel my order 2 days ago and today the damn thing ships out after deciding I didnt want them. After it shipped out, I get an email from support saying that I can return the items by refusing shipment :mad: geeezz. I guess I'll keep them

I tried to cancel my order 2 days ago and today the damn thing ships out after deciding I didnt want them. After it shipped out, I get an email from support saying that I can return the items by refusing shipment :mad: geeezz. I guess I'll keep them
Same thing happened here. I have to say, something similar happened with Monarch early last year (before it really became evident buying from them was a bad idea) and a video card. Nothing for a week, then I tell them to cancel and they ship it. Just wow.

Well, I'll be refusing it because rather than the pair from them, picked up two pair from Fry's :D Thanks WesM63

Are these the same as the Ballistix Tracers? Or do those have different D9 chips in them?

Back