HP L2335 23" 16ms... sweet

dave_graham said:
Since I'm an HP reseller, I'll tell you what i know.

The pixel defect return ratio is rather high. HP won't support me unless it's > 8 dead pixels (that may have changed to 10)...the good news is that my distributors (not HP) are really good about fronting replacements without much effort....

so, it really depends on where you buy it from.

cheers,

dave
hey dave, I live in Raynham. Do you think I can stop by and pick up one L2335 from your place?

i can order one for you (don't maintain stock) and drop it right to you. have to check on stocking situation (as a large order was supposed to come in today).

just PM me. Btw, are you a student? work for an educational facility?

cheers,

dave

ok, i've got one backordered into NJ. One day shipping via UPS Ground to your location. Email, IM, or PM me (hell, give me a call, in your PM box) if you want it and I can secure it for you.

cheers,

dave

basically, as of right now, i've put one unit on hold. However, I'd love to do more than one since I can drive the price down a bit further (i hope...)

I've been asked by one guy what my warranty (etc.) is on these units and I'm trying to put together something.

Again, for those interested, cut-off will be Thursday for ordering these panels (i'll do a weekly ordering run, if need be). I do have other HP panels...simply shoot me a model # (via email, IM, or PM) and I'll try to get a quote back...

Please understand, These monitors are currently BACKORDERED. I have been told it's a 7 - 10 day ship time. These units are coming in to NJ and are shipped to me in one business day. I then turn them around and fire them off either UPS ground (insured) or via your carrier of choice.

cheers,

dave

Happy Hopping said:
1) how are you going to dismount the original mount that comes with the LCD?

2) I don't trust the way this mount attaches to say the HP 23", what if it is not secure tighten as there is no grip area for this mount to attach itself to the screen and the screen falls eventually?

The HP L2335 is VESA compliant and the stand can be removed by unscrewing 4 screws.

Anybody experiencing backlight issues? Where is a good place to purchase this with a good return policy?

If I buy directly from HP, can I return it within 30 days if I don't like it?

dave_graham said:
i can order one for you (don't maintain stock) and drop it right to you. have to check on stocking situation (as a large order was supposed to come in today).

just PM me. Btw, are you a student? work for an educational facility?

cheers,

dave

If we are a student do we get a discount or something?

abarsami said:
Anybody experiencing backlight issues? Where is a good place to purchase this with a good return policy?

If I buy directly from HP, can I return it within 30 days if I don't like it?

I'm a good place to buy it from. :)

cheers,

dave

UltimaParadox said:
If we are a student do we get a discount or something?

EDIT: no education discount. This current pricing supercedes any other offer given by HP.

cheers,

dave

david_grahm,

Whata re you selling the L2335 for? 1500 plus shipping? How much is shipping and do we have to pay tax? Thanks.

Also, whats your return policy?

utsava said:
david_grahm,

Whata re you selling the L2335 for? 1500 plus shipping? How much is shipping and do we have to pay tax? Thanks.

Also, whats your return policy?

1500.00 + 15.00 shipping (just a note: the price will change by +30 dollar effective the 29th of this month; i'll notify on future discounts) Tax is only applied in MA. currently, 7-10 business day backorder, but an order placed now, guarantees the price.

return policy is this: greater than 8 pixels dead or DOA, return for a new unit (or refund) within the first 10 days or so (if you're local to me [i.e. in eastern MA] 5 days should suffice) should anything appear, then, let me know and I'll get you a replacement.

cheers,

dave

dave_graham said:
1500.00 + 15.00 shipping (just a note: the price will change by +30 dollar effective the 29th of this month; i'll notify on future discounts) Tax is only applied in MA. currently, 7-10 business day backorder, but an order placed now, guarantees the price.

return policy is this: greater than 8 pixels dead or DOA, return for a new unit (or refund) within the first 10 days or so (if you're local to me [i.e. in eastern MA] 5 days should suffice) should anything appear, then, let me know and I'll get you a replacement.

cheers,

dave

This all comes of course with the standard warranty through HP right? Also how are the orders handle online or through here? Since something this big I would rather pay credit card, or like a cashier's check.

Does anyone maintain a list of video cards that "officially" support 1920 x 1200 DVI 60Hz (reduced blanking interval)? The vendors like PNY generally only advertise DVI up to 1600 x 1200 60hz, even on high-end boards like the GeForce 6800 Ultra. (Is it possible a $500 video card doesn't support it?!) :confused: Do many vendors still use inferior TDMS transmitters? I see many here have been lucky. (No, we're not talking about dual-link... which is really only used for monitors above 1920 x 1200 so far.)

dave_graham said:

Dave:

HP and other vendor policy is 8 dead pixel or more for replacement. But HP also has a 30 days satisfaction replacement guarantee.

So doesn't the two conflict w/ ea. other? Say I get a dead pixel on day 1, and I am not satisfied, what then?

Happy Hopping said:
Dave:

HP and other vendor policy is 8 dead pixel or more for replacement. But HP also has a 30 days satisfaction replacement guarantee.

So doesn't the two conflict w/ ea. other? Say I get a dead pixel on day 1, and I am not satisfied, what then?

So if i'm not satisfied within 30 days can I get a refund or only exchange if I buy from hp directly?

standard HP warranty from the moment you register it, yes.

It can be handled online (via paypal or 2checkout [not preferred..2checkout suxors]), or via cashier's check.

If you do the cashier's check, providing me a tracking number will get your order started now. If a CC order, the same holds true.

cheers,

dave

Hey Dave,

I've been following this thread for awhile and appreciate the information you have been posting. I am in Toronto, Canada and was wondering if you are able to provide customers in Canada with the L2335? That is, can you order and ship it up to Toronto. If so, what would be the cost of the shipping and is there any tax charged on the item? Lastly, does the same HP 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee on the monitor apply?

Thanks for the info.

JP

jptoronto said:
Hey Dave,

I've been following this thread for awhile and appreciate the information you have been posting. I am in Toronto, Canada and was wondering if you are able to provide customers in Canada with the L2335? That is, can you order and ship it up to Toronto. If so, what would be the cost of the shipping and is there any tax charged on the item? Lastly, does the same HP 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee on the monitor apply?

Thanks for the info.

JP

Yup, can ship to Canada without a problem. We'd need to co-ordinate a way to do the shipping (i've heard through the grapevine that UPS doesn't do a good job in Canada?) and obviously, you'd be responsible for the customs stuff. *shrug*

I'll check with HP and see if cross border servicing still applies. It should, so....I'll also doublecheck on the 30 day thing. My assumption is that yes, they'll deal with you regarding that.

cheers,

dave

dave_graham said:
Yup, can ship to Canada without a problem. We'd need to co-ordinate a way to do the shipping (i've heard through the grapevine that UPS doesn't do a good job in Canada?) and obviously, you'd be responsible for the customs stuff. *shrug*

I'll check with HP and see if cross border servicing still applies. It should, so....I'll also doublecheck on the 30 day thing. My assumption is that yes, they'll deal with you regarding that.

cheers,

dave

Thanks for the prompt reply and for looking into the 30 day/servicing issues.

You're right about UPS, Purolator is usually a better option in Canada. All of the usual suspects (i.e., Dell, Apple, etc.) usually use Purolator when shipping to Canada.

Thanks,

JP

i'll have to look into them...I generally use either USPS or Fedex when shipping internationally.

EDIT: Purolator, while looking good, is not available to me as a US company. If i maintained a Canadian presence, it'd be great.

DHL has become a very popular carrier for a lot of stuff too, so, i'll look into that.

EDIT: just to let you know, the panel (in packaging) weighs a nice 32lbs or so....soooo, shipping will be a bit pricey, but, doable.

cheers,

dave

dave_graham said:
i'll have to look into them...I generally use either USPS or Fedex when shipping internationally.

EDIT: Purolator, while looking good, is not available to me as a US company. If i maintained a Canadian presence, it'd be great.

DHL has become a very popular carrier for a lot of stuff too, so, i'll look into that.

EDIT: just to let you know, the panel (in packaging) weighs a nice 32lbs or so....soooo, shipping will be a bit pricey, but, doable.

cheers,

dave

FedEx is a good option up here aswell.

Ok, thanks.

JP

jptoronto said:
FedEx is a good option up here aswell.

Ok, thanks.

JP

super...

right now, i'm looking at 1500.00 for the panel + 35.00 shipping w/ insurance. Now, that's not set in stone 'cos i still need to get the actual dimensions, etc. inputted. However, it can't be more than 50 USD. (i'll cap it at 50.00 USD, how's that sound?)

cheers,

dave

Boss_S said:
any place out there that will let me finance this monitor?

what kind of financing are you looking for?

what could you put down and what payment schedule could you fulfill?

I'd require at LEAST 50% down...payments would be determined between you and i.

cheers,

dave

jptoronto said:
Thanks for the prompt reply and for looking into the 30 day/servicing issues.

You're right about UPS, Purolator is usually a better option in Canada. All of the usual suspects (i.e., Dell, Apple, etc.) usually use Purolator when shipping to Canada.

Thanks,

JP

Let me tell you about this scum bag at UPS:

1) If your shipment is coming from US, they purposely shipped to your box to another city rather than Toronto. So you can't clear custom yourself.

2) Then they charge you a % of the amt. of the shipment as custom fee, so if it takes them 3 minutes to clear custom, and your shipment worth $5000, the % of custom clearance fee is higher than the very same 3 minutes you pay if your shipment is $200.

3) Then they add all kinds of other fees on top of the above to jack up your total.

4) If you hire your own broker as you can't clear it yourself (hey it is in another city), then you ends up paying that broker. But UPS is very defensive and pissed if you use another broker other than UPS. And they threatened you to clear custom quick or else they'll send the shipment back to the sender.

happy,

thanks for the clarification...I basically have used only DHL and Fedex internationally.

cheers,

dave

I saw that it runs 1920x1200 at 60Hz. I don't know about LCD's but on a CRT 60Hz is crap, it hurts my eyes. Will this thing running at 60Hz have a similiar effect to that of a CRT?

WuLabs said:
I saw that it runs 1920x1200 at 60Hz. I don't know about LCD's but on a CRT 60Hz is crap, it hurts my eyes. Will this thing running at 60Hz have a similiar effect to that of a CRT?

no. most LCD monitors run at 60hz

cheers,

dave

I think pretty much ALL LCDs run at 60Hz. LCD's are completely different animals that CRT's... so don't worry... you eyes will love you ;)

- Leo

Guys, FedEx is so reliable I won't consider anyone else. And I'm glad to hear they will ship to Canada.
When HP shipped my ever-luvin' 23" HP-L2335, I told FedX driver how UPS bums usually leave stuff outside my door if no one's home.
I could be shafted, if someone who was passing by saw my pkge sitting there and drove off with it.

The FedX guy said "We FedX drivers will never NEVER leave a pkge outside your door and drive off.
Not unless we have written instructions from you or the mfr who shipped it to you.
If no one's home we take your expensive pkge back to depot and leave you a card telling when we'll try again.
If you ain't there the 2nd time we come to your house we leave a card saying come to depot and pick it up.
And if you don't show up, then we give up trying to deliver it and send it back to mfr".
Bless, good ol' FedeX. :D

yeah, i definitely like 'em.

btw, one monitor has been SOLD! The lucky winner actually caught a unit i had in Memphis and should be enjoying it by Monday or Tuesday of next week. :)

EDIT: 2 units are in stock in GA. ready to ship tomorrow.

gotta love it.

cheers,

dave

Back