I-INC 25" LCD $150, 28" 250

okay, I finally fired up the 28" monitor. First off, it did come with an hdmi to dvi converter, however upon use, the monitor only allowed 800X600 or 1080 resolution. I switched over to a vga cable and everything worked fine afterwards and I could see all of the possible resolutions you'd want. Not sure what the deal is with that.
something's not right with your setup, first i've heard of that hdmi resolution issue in the hundreds of posts i've read. You either have to mess with the settings or upgrade/downgrade your video driver.

I wouldn't settle with vga especially since hdmi is noticeably sharper.

Color shift is least noticeable when you place your monitor in a way where your eyes are level with the top of the screen.

nothing wrong with the vga drivers. drivers for the monitor are not for xp so it's not an issue. It flat out wouldn't allow for any other resolutions. there's something with the going from dvi of the card to hdmi in the panel. It just wouldn't work for some reason. Any ideas?
oh yeah text is not as sharp either. I could even run vga cabling to my 2405 and it blew away the sharpness of the vga input of the inc monitor. This is just running from an 8800gtx card out via dvi to hdmi in of the monitor. I'm not doing anything wrong here.

okay, updated. I even went into the source setting and changed from vga to hdmi and still only 2 resolutions out of the monitor. I hooked up my 2405 and the inc monitors running them dual screens, the 2405 displayed the correct resolution while the inc monitor clearly is not displaying the 1920 resolution. I think I got a bum monitor. She's going back to tigerdirect.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with the vga drivers. drivers for the monitor are not for xp so it's not an issue. It flat out wouldn't allow for any other resolutions. there's something with the going from dvi of the card to hdmi in the panel. It just wouldn't work for some reason. Any ideas?
oh yeah text is not as sharp either. I could even run vga cabling to my 2405 and it blew away the sharpness of the vga input of the inc monitor. This is just running from an 8800gtx card out via dvi to hdmi in of the monitor. I'm not doing anything wrong here.

okay, updated. I even went into the source setting and changed from vga to hdmi and still only 2 resolutions out of the monitor. I hooked up my 2405 and the inc monitors running them dual screens, the 2405 displayed the correct resolution while the inc monitor clearly is not displaying the 1920 resolution. I think I got a bum monitor. She's going back to tigerdirect.

What steps did you take when setting up the monitor? I just hooked mine up with the DVI to HDMI cable that it came with. Catalyst wouldn't detect it properly but all I had to do was go into Windows and detect it, monitor auto adjusted to 1900x1200. Everything working fine now.

I plugged it into my computer. Pretty simple with the dvi to hdmi cable. tell me how you went into "windows and detect it" because it just shows up as a generic monitor. I would have to force the proper resolution which didn't work well and the screen had to scroll to see anything.

I went to properties, settings and advanced then moitor. It doesn't see the monitor as an i-inc. Any ideas?

Returned my 28" I-Inc to Tiger for a bright, stuck, yellow pixel and bad back light bleed. They paid for the return shipping, which was pretty awesome. Went for the cross ship option. Be warned that doing this will cancel your Bing CB when they refund the original purchase. $30 down the drain.

Got the new monitor last night. Backlight bleeding is improved over the first one, but this one has a stuck, blue pixel near the middle of the screen. Really on the fence about keeping it. I can't stop staring at the stuck pixel. I figured if I was losing the $30 cash back, I could live with it as long as I got a perfect panel this time, but that didn't pan out...

Thought the color and contrast on this monitor were great. One without bad pixels would truly make my day.

Last edited:
I've had my 28" Hanns G for about 4-5 months now. I like it a lot. It suffers from all of the pitfalls of a TN panel (poor viewing angle, shifting blacks, etc.). I've never had a quality problem with it and mine has no stuck pixels or backlight bleeding. The colors are great fo a TN panel, and ho hum compared to nicer displays.

Generally, if you don't like TN panels, you will hate this. If you are already using TN panels, you will love the price/performance ratio.

I plugged it into my computer. Pretty simple with the dvi to hdmi cable. tell me how you went into "windows and detect it" because it just shows up as a generic monitor. I would have to force the proper resolution which didn't work well and the screen had to scroll to see anything.

I went to properties, settings and advanced then moitor. It doesn't see the monitor as an i-inc. Any ideas?
Don't have to the time to think atm, but my I-inc shows up as a Hanns G iF281 in my Catalyst control panel. I don't remember any special steps i took to get it that way except installing the most recent video driver.

There are two places you can change the resolution in most video control panels, have you tried both of them yet? Also make sure you enable the setting that reads like "list all possible resolutions" and try again.

Otherwise if you still can't figure it out, i highly recommend starting a thread in the display forum since using HDMI over VGA is well worth the trouble, there's a good chance someone there knows what the problem is.

This is under Windows 7, right click on desktop - screen resolution - detect

Mine is also recognized as hanns.g iF281.

The only thing I'd suggest is hooking up the monitor with everything shut off...after my 4870x2 wouldn't pick up a Soyo Topaz S while powered on, I've always done that and never had any problems. If that doesn't work, the monitor (or cable, it happens) may be hosed.

As for the price tag...$260 for another 28" is a little tempting. Damn, though, no room thanks to the first one...

I have no issues with the hannsG monitor. I have the 28" and it is awesome for the price.

Works well, plays games well, and has great color. ONCE you calibrate it correctly.

Cant think of any negatives at all. So yeah, this is my mini review.

Got mine at costco as well. This is my first HannsG and will not be my last one. Especially if they continue the prices that they have been producing.

Back