IE10 crashing on hardocp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil22

2[H]4U
Recently, out of the blue, IE10 on Win 8 Pro x64, has been crashing on the www.hardocp.com page, and also on www.pcper.com. I tried reseting the browser settings, but it did not help. Anyone else seeing this? It comes in waves, then vanishes. Since it's crashing on two separate but similar sites just recently that it has worked for months on, I'm guessing a bad (tech) ad that they both use is hosing things? I have no plug-ins installed beyond the default, I use active-x filtering on both sites so plug-ins like flash don't even load. Also using Enhanced Protected Mode. Edit: I think it's related to the TPL lists I use, will do more testing and report back.. edit #2: Nope, happens with all TPLs disabled. edit #3: At this point, I'm leaning towards it being a bug in a specific version of Process Lasso (regulates CPU and I/O priorities, etc.), updating the program *seemed* to have nixed it. Will report back again.

Last edited:
Nah, IE10 is RP on Win 7, but RTM on Win 8. I haven't messed with it since last night, so I am about to give her another try now..I'm thinking since I did absolutely nothing to this machine recently, that it may have been a uverse problem with those two sites.

OK I've narrowed it down. hardocp.com just doesn't like being run in x64 IE10 (Enhanced Protected Mode) for some reason, maybe an update to the site exposed some bug in IE10 or maybe a recent IE10 patch added a bug. As a workaround, I added hardocp.com to the trusted sites zone (those tabs get run in 32-bit mode by default), and everything seems to work. If I open hardocp.com in 10 tabs in x64 mode, two or so will crash, after adding hardocp.com to the trusted sites zone, I opened 50 hardocp.com tabs and they all worked..shrug, guess I'll have to file a bug on IE connect.

Last edited:
IE10 pretty much doesn't work properly on about 90% or more of sites.

Stuff either won't load, takes forever, or doesn't render properly.

Piece of trash in it's current form.

I am now using Chrome because of it.

I guess getting trolled asking for help with IE was inevitable..it's just plain not true that it doesn't work on 90% of sites, in fact it works on every site I have tried it on, which is probably hundreds of random sites. It worked fine on hardocp.com for months, not sure what got screwed up. Don't spread disinformation in my trouble shooting thread please.

Well isn't this ironic. I installed chrome recently, and I just tried disabling the google update IE plug-in in IE options, and opened like 100 hardocp.com tabs, and none crashed, somehow it only affects x64 tabs and only hardocp.com and one other site..wtf there is a google update plug-in in IE I guess I'll never know. I had thought I was running with no plug-ins since I used the browser reset option, but I guess the plug-ins are not affected and you have to disable/uninstall them manually... Edit: Sigh, and maybe it wasn't google update, because it happened again. I'm hoping it was my overclock, but I was sick of debugging so I just re-installed and downclocked my 3930k to 3.5ghz (from 4ghz). I seem to remember a similar issue when I OCed to 4.2ghz a few months back that I remembered after I did all this..guess I'll lock this since it's a case of PEBKAC as far as I can tell now..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back