If they mated: CM: Stacker and Silverstone: TJ06

MrMitch said:
amazing how uzor was just wondering something and whipped a photoshop of a case that looks better than 95% of the cases out there. make's you wondering what the hell the designers at thermaltake are doing.

Expect us to formally CADify and begin selling this design in a few weeks. We apologize for the delay, we've developed a WoW addiction.

Mr. Miyagi said:
Actually, I got my info from some of the guys at Cooler Master. You can check here and here. Read what Bigbadbns said. He's product manager for cases and PSUs for CM.

I think maybe you should ask him how long he has been working at CM. It is obvious he wasn't there to see the event that lead to the split in 2003. From what I know, around 20 former ATCS employee are now at Silverstone. CM has probably how many? two? three?

I don't understand why CM can't just let go of this ATCS shadow. Personally, I think the new CM cases look great even if they don't look like the old ones. The Stacker 2 is the most impressive case that I've seen so far in terms of combining a great look and what appears to be excellent thermal characteristics. And for those that don't like it, just stop complaining and go get a Silverstone if having an ATCS look is that important.

And where is your information from, if you don't mind my asking?

P.S. Sent an email off to Silverstone. We'll see if I get a reply.

nice job why dont you give it to one of the two and see if they'll make a prototype and if they dont make it you could hvae the protype! that would be sweet! ^^^^^damn didnt see that post right there! my bad

badash said:
They already designed my dream case, just can't get it in the US, if anyone can let me know. It's the Soldam Altium RS10 black (the R is the model with perforated sides). They have many options for it including a side window.

That is a badass case

ya its like a pimped out pratorian case

back to topic - i like the new mesh front it looks better than i thought it would. good job man, i like it.

I propose a new series of cases, I didnt work long on this, and I dont have any 3d tools to make a vent (Apart from Maya, Im to lazy to lear how to use it)

Introducing, the second, SILVERSTONE HARD EDITION CASE!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: You could imagine that the whole dented look, could be a very fine mesh

uzor said:
And where is your information from, if you don't mind my asking?

P.S. Sent an email off to Silverstone. We'll see if I get a reply.

Let's just say I have some connections. ;)

But seriously, I've been selling cases since 2000 and was one of the first US vendors to offer those $300 ATCS cases from CM (ATC-100 and ATC-200) for sale. So naturally I get to talk to quite a few people from the industry. It is amazing how much CM has changed since those early days... From a company known only as low cost CPU cooler manufacturer to a leading case maker. :)

Excellent looking case! I would buy that as my next one of they did one in black!

tonyou said:

But seriously, I've been selling cases since 2000 and was one of the first US vendors to offer those $300 ATCS cases from CM (ATC-100 and ATC-200) for sale. So naturally I get to talk to quite a few people from the industry. It is amazing how much CM has changed since those early days... From a company known only as low cost CPU cooler manufacturer to a leading case maker. :)

Yeah, I talked to some of the guys at CM and they said it was "personal matters" about the number of members that moved. You might get a different response from SS though...

Mr. Miyagi said:
Yeah, I talked to some of the guys at CM and they said it was "personal matters" about the number of members that moved. You might get a different response from SS though...

I guess this means:

"personal matters" = no idea :D

tonyou said:

Those cases = perfection.

side%202%20good.jpg

except for only 80mm fans :(
CM should just remake the whole ATC series w/ 120mm fans, I would buy.

Side ports are just wrong. Like there's any shortage of space on the front panel?

I like being able to put my case flat against a wall if need be.

Othersider said:
Side ports are just wrong. Like there's any shortage of space on the front panel?

I like being able to put my case flat against a wall if need be.

what are you talking about?

Yeah, I know I'd rather have it look like it's vomiting cables.

/sarcasm

::edit:: got the cold shoulder from Coolermaster and Silverstone. Disappointed, but not surprised...

Maybe you would be able to take off and rotate the front panel depending on which way you want the front connection headers to be on, shouldnt be too hard, since the front panel is damn near symmetrical anyway apart from the power buttons.

uzor said:
Now, THAT would be cool.

Anyone know someone at Tt?

TT? (barf)

They don't know how to design and produce a good case. I would only trust Silverstone, Lian Li, and Coolermaster with this beauty.

Well, then LiLi is our last hope...Here goed nuthin...

::edit:: Ok, anyone have an email address for Lian Li? Can't find one anywhere on their site. :rolleyes:

uzor said:
Well, then LiLi is our last hope...Here goed nuthin...

::edit:: Ok, anyone have an email address for Lian Li? Can't find one anywhere on their site. :rolleyes:

The case has a nice design look like most have said in this thread. I would try Lian-Li. In my opinion the case looks more like Lian-Li than CM or Silverstone with that front grill right down there alley... very similar to there style.

I also agree with the comment about bringing back the old CM cases. Whoever has the right to manufacture those is stupid not to bring them back with 120mm fans in them.

Yeah, but mine's better.:D

Have you seen theirs? You have to have a 3 drive block in there just for the freakin power button?!? Give me a break.

computerpro3 said:
TT? (barf)

They don't know how to design and produce a good case. I would only trust Silverstone, Lian Li, and Coolermaster with this beauty.
Would you? Cause TT is making cases for Silverstone to repackage and sell now.

1. Not their high end models they aren't
2. Proof?
3. Those cases that TT is "designing" are probably made by Chieftech (I have 2 xasers that actually say Chieftech stamped on them) or a blatant ripoff of another company.

This case is too classy looking for TT, they wouldn't accept it anyway. They're into bling, not functionality or beauty.

redhalo said:
Would you? Cause TT is making cases for Silverstone to repackage and sell now.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.

Damn, I make a comment and then I can't find my evidence. The case I'm talking about is the Silverstone Berserker SST-B032F, there's not much info out and about on it, but I had come across a review where someone was comparing it to be part for part one of the Xaser series chassis with a different front piece. I'll keep searching and post when if i find more.

Ok, this is a round-about-way of finding this:
The Silverstone Berserker is an exact twin to the Opus MT-200 of wich is stated in this article as being a copy of ThermalTake's XaserV Daimer
It did much better than the VM3000A as well as its clone from Opus Technologies, the MT-200.
Externally they differ, internally, the same. It could be suggested that Silverstone is making it for TT instead of the otherway around, but whatever.

Back