If they mated: CM: Stacker and Silverstone: TJ06

tonyou said:
Well, I guess that explains it! :)

However the company that originally designed the B032 chassis was Avance Technologies, not Thermaltake nor Silverstone.
I'll be damned. Of all my searching I've never come across that.

Anyways the end result is that it's not posposterous to think that TT could sell a decent case. That chassis is pretty damn functional, considerable more than the PC-60 I have previously owned (much heavier though).

Yes I know that name of company but their price is so high
Also there are many nagative comment on their cases :(

(Hello this is my first post in this forum :p)

Soldam cases are expensive, yes... but they are built like tanks.

To the person who asked where to get them earlier in this thread, they have a US web site. http://www.soldam.com. Basically, window shop the Japanese site, then email to enquire purchasing a case through the US site is probably your best bet, since they don't do updates to the US site too often.

Happy owner of a Soldam Altium RS8. :D

Drooling over this $600+ case Soldam has now: Alcadia X1. 2x 140mm fans! :eek:

uzor said:
A few things:

If someone gets me a good picture of some mesh, I'll re-skin the drive bays for y'all.

What case manufacturer would people suggest I approach with this design idea?

How would you suggest I approach them?

Assuming this goes farther than nowhere, what features/design specs would people like to see for the INSIDE of the case?
silverstone

and make it at least 4x 120mm mounts - two fro a twin rad mount, and two mmore for airflow over mobo and HDDs

Well, to date, noone has responded to my emails, so unless someone out there works for or has influence with any of the bigger-name case manufacturers (or hell, even a small one), this will have to remain a flight of fancy. Unless of course, I ever get around to trying my hand at building this myself. You can be assured, though, that in my head, this case has ample cooling. ;)

man... i thought this was real when i saw it... i want a black version though :p

that is some l33t photoshop skills though :p

i want it now :(

try and find a LiLi forum?

I would love to see chrome wire mesh on the front.

Anyways, Damn thats nice... Where can I buy one? :D

If I knew someone with a metal shop or had some skills myself, I might make a go at it alone. Alas, I have neither at the moment... :(

id say move the power button/usb/audio/firewire up to the top of the case, most people keep their high towers on the ground, so would be better accesiable to have that on the top then middle ;) very nice job none the less :)

soulsaver_8229

When I first saw that case I was sure it was going to have at least been looked at by Ss or CM, but alas no. But if you could find a small case maker to make it, I would be quite happy to pay up to £200 (about $380) to get that. Best case I have ever seen :)

Yeah, well, ID/IP (product design) is apparently a big market. Design companies probably make the case manufacturers sign exclusivity contracts so that this very thing doesn't happen. Imagine if you're getting $500 an hour to design new computer cases, and I come along and offer up a better design to your client for free/pennies. Why pay you for a case, when they can NOT pay me for a better case. Therefore, contracts. Hooray, progress!! :rolleyes:

You know, re-reading back through this thread, something else occurred to me. There were at least 5 or 6 requests for different kinds of mesh/hole patterns for the blanks. I wonder if anyone has thought about just making perforated blanks, but in every style imaginable.

For example, there is the slot pattern I used on page one, the offset hole modders mesh pattern, the haxagonal modders mesh patters, the diamond pattern from the CG render, the chrome wire cloth that bob just suggested.

Charge a couple bucks each, make them in plain aluminum, anodized (black and the other popular colors), whatever. Sell them to LiLi and CM owners looking to change the looks of their rigs. For $3 each, you could completely change the looks of your rig (or even add airflow if you have solid plates now).

Interesting...

Through my reading of all 5 pages, I think, that If there were about 4 majoir versions of this case, everyone here would own 1 of the 4.

I think its best not to put a bunch of fan holes in it. You know, every one here will be putting their own fan holes in it regardless. Might as well leave an empty canvass of sheetmetal for the case modders to mod without obsctuction.

Back