If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

Well, can I at least install it and provide no CD key (clean install) and load up all my drivers and programs and IF it plays nice I then format and reinstall MCE2005 (clean install, wouldn't upgrade my existing install probably) and then install Vista and activate it?

I have a 3yr old AGP pc running an NVIDIA 7800GS+ Bliss so if and when i receive VISTA Premium it better bloody run ok.

The card cost me £250 on dabs.com, a small outlay until i buy a spanking new pc in September.
If the 8800GTX's are great now i can't wait to see what will come out in September, 2 Cards in SLI plus minimum QUAD CORE.
I'm starting to wish my life away already, where are my sleeping tablets gone!!

I've never saw the POP validation, but have saw the COA validation for a while. I filled out my stuff sometime late November/Early December and mailed the stuff in at the same time. I e-mailed them and asked if there was anything I needed to do and got this:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.

The Upgrade Software should begin shipping late January 2007. You will receive your Vista/Office software within 4-6 weeks from release date.

Regards,

The Upgrade Redemption Center

The Upgrade Software will ship within approximately

--- Original Message ---
Received: 02-07-2007 3:26 PM America/Denver
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Information+request

Lovely canned response. I'm not in that big of hurry to get the upgrade, but wouldn't mind knowing when they'll ship it. :p

Well I signed up for another upgrade.

Upgrade Redemption Website

Order Status

Product name Quantity Unit price Tax price Final price
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD 1 USD 0.00 USD 0.00 USD 0.00

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.86
Total USD 12.35

Order Status : COA validated
Shipping Date :
Carrier : Standard
AWB# :

Will this one go through ? Here we go again.:eek:

Have we heard of anyone getting their Vista yet let alone seen their status change to shipped?

I wonder exactly how hard it is to put a shipping lable on a package. Newegg does it hundreds if not thousands of times a day, oh wait, there is no money in putting shipping lables on free copies of Vista..... :rolleyes:

Gimme my stuff Modus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Microsoft took bids on this shipping and handling and Modus was low bidder. They save money on things like webmasters, shipping personal, phone people, etc. Probably one guy doing it all in the office and a couple of clowns with some day laborers in the wharehouse.

Have we heard of anyone getting their Vista yet let alone seen their status change to shipped?

I wonder exactly how hard it is to put a shipping lable on a package. Newegg does it hundreds if not thousands of times a day, oh wait, there is no money in putting shipping lables on free copies of Vista..... :rolleyes:

Gimme my stuff Modus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Microsoft took bids on this shipping and handling and Modus was low bidder. They save money on things like webmasters, shipping personal, phone people, etc. Probably one guy doing it all in the office and a couple of clowns with some day laborers in the wharehouse.

I was wondering the same exact thing!!! When the heck will my status change to shipped?!? Grrr... Here I thought it would be the cheapest way to legitamately purchase vista... Now it turns out to be nothing more than a hassle...

I also noted that when they first started this promo, you couldn't find out WHEN OEM software was gonna be available, OR how much it was going to cost. If I had know it was gonna be this much hassle, I would have never got involved. Also note that the 4-6 week shipping time will bring it right to the end of the promo. :rolleyes:

I could have just waited a month to buy my laptop. I am a dumbass at times, sheesh.

I bought a new PC from New Egg and did the website deal with the COA and all that and then faxed them my New Egg Receipt etc.. I got an email saying they need to see a receipt showing the PC I bought etc. I allready spent an hour faxing and stuff so I said screw it. I dont need it that bad and I want ultimate anyways not this stupid Business version.

Well, after about a month, 3 weeks ago, they dinged my credit card for the shipping and the website says Order is approved so I guess they are going to ship it out.

Last night I had to reinstall XP because of a failed HD. This was only the second time I had to reactivate that copy of XP and I had to call in to do so.

I have an Office 2003 CD which I have activated dozens of times on 10 different PC's. Id really like to know the thinking behind this Activation process. I think their hash codes should be a little more flexible. They could easily tell that a part had been swapped or a BIOS upgraded rather than treat every change like a new PC.

I bought a new PC from New Egg and did the website deal with the COA and all that and then faxed them my New Egg Receipt etc.. I got an email saying they need to see a receipt showing the PC I bought etc. I allready spent an hour faxing and stuff so I said screw it. I dont need it that bad and I want ultimate anyways not this stupid Business version.

Well, after about a month, 3 weeks ago, they dinged my credit card for the shipping and the website says Order is approved so I guess they are going to ship it out.

Last night I had to reinstall XP because of a failed HD. This was only the second time I had to reactivate that copy of XP and I had to call in to do so.

I have an Office 2003 CD which I have activated dozens of times on 10 different PC's. Id really like to know the thinking behind this Activation process. I think their hash codes should be a little more flexible. They could easily tell that a part had been swapped or a BIOS upgraded rather than treat every change like a new PC.
Well, at least this shows there may be hope for the rest of us.Did they give you an actual shipping date?

No, I figured it wasn't coming at all since I never responded to their query for a receipt I allready faxed to them. I checked the website when my Visa got dinged and it said approved or something.

WTF...they charged me $79 to get the 32-bit premium. I thought it was a free upgrade only paying shipping/handling. My total is $93 or something. What happened?

I think if you go from XP Home to Vista Business you have to pay more. The free upgrade is XP Pro OEM -> Vista Business.

WTF...they charged me $79 to get the 32-bit premium. I thought it was a free upgrade only paying shipping/handling. My total is $93 or something. What happened?
Not if you only bought XP Home XP Home>Vista Home Premium =$79 +S&H

Not if you only bought XP Home XP Home>Vista Home Premium =$79 +S&H

Now that sucks. And how come there is no RD host in Premium? How in the hell am I supposed to screw around while at work on my home PC?

Now that sucks. And how come there is no RD host in Premium? How in the hell am I supposed to screw around while at work on my home PC?
I think that's PRECISELY why it WASN'T included. :D ;) You'd have to bite the bullet, sell your software in traders, and buy a copy of Ultimate upgrade. :D ;)

Dear Customer,

We have not received a copy of your proof of purchase. Please submit a copy via the instructions listed below. In addition, please include your order confirmation number with your proof of purchase. We cannot complete your order until we have received this information.

Email: email a scanned copy of the confirmation page and a copy of your receipt to:

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
<<#644083-1489506#>>
<<#644083-1488185#>>

I have sent you proof of purchase 7 times now. GO TO HELL I will now contact my laywer and file a suit against you and MS for discrimanition against the disabled. You are not doing what you should I have sent you proof of purchase in the reciept of Zipzoomfly for the software and the hardware that I am using to make my computer. You are just ignorant.

Lynn Bobo

orer Id NO. Z3823980 and #Z3823254 Check your records You have them now many times in the form of a fax that was sent you, what you did with my materials
may be criminal or other. I will find out after this mess is straighnted out. But you are making a sham of this process.

I will now contact my laywer and file a suit against you and MS for discrimanition against the disabled.

Out of curiosity, how are you disabled and how does it fit with a lawsuit against a company for having a crappy website, being disorganized, etc.

I have sent you proof of purchase 7 times now. GO TO HELL I will now contact my laywer and file a suit against you and MS for discrimanition against the disabled. You are not doing what you should I have sent you proof of purchase in the reciept of Zipzoomfly for the software and the hardware that I am using to make my computer. You are just ignorant.

Lynn Bobo

orer Id NO. Z3823980 and #Z3823254 Check your records You have them now many times in the form of a fax that was sent you, what you did with my materials
may be criminal or other. I will find out after this mess is straighnted out. But you are making a sham of this process.

While I agree with you that this whole process has been ridiculous, I'm not quite sure why you would sue for discrimination against the disabled. That makes no sense....Anyway, I'm sure things will work out. I'm not crying foul yet. It's too early.

I think I have some good news...
we received our Office2007 upgrade today and we submitted it the same day we did the Vista upgrade.
It was mailed from Morrisville, NC by USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation.
Some folks have already got order approved status at the Moduslink site and a few are showing shipped just like our Office 2007 did last week so it looks like the checks are in the mail
:rolleyes:

I think if you go from XP Home to Vista Business you have to pay more. The free upgrade is XP Pro OEM -> Vista Business.

I tried to go from XP Home to Vista Home Premium...$79 + S/H. The XP Home to Vista Home Basic was $49 + S/H. Either way a rip off seeing as they were both 32-bit. I might as well just buy myself the upgrade to Ultimate :(.

Oh sorry abut that disabled suit. My computer is disabled and I don't have it's use.

:eek: Im just sort of mad because this is the 7th time I have faxed the info to them and they keep stating they don't have it. Not that they have the wrong info, but they don't have it at all. That is irresponsible if you ask me. MS you have dumb dumb's doing your work for you. :mad:

Oh have a nice day;)

Oh sorry abut that disabled suit. My computer is disabled and I don't have it's use.

:eek: Im just sort of mad because this is the 7th time I have faxed the info to them and they keep stating they don't have it. Not that they have the wrong info, but they don't have it at all. That is irresponsible if you ask me. MS you have dumb dumb's doing your work for you. :mad:

Oh have a nice day;)
1-800-817-5602 maybe a phone call in will help.

MORE BS from the 2 cent website. NOW they say they didn't get my papers and to send them in again! Newegg is DEFINITELY gonna hear about this. :mad:

MORE BS from the 2 cent website. NOW they say they didn't get my papers and to send them in again! Newegg is DEFINITELY gonna hear about this. :mad:

I can understand your frustration because I'm in the same boat but what is contacting Newegg going to do? I don't feel they are responsible for any of this.

NewEgg took our money so I believe they do play a part in the solution.
They can put pressure on the folks at Microsoft to get THEIR vendor to right the ship or get a new vendor to handle the express(?) upgrade program.
express my arse! :mad:

Just received email from moduslink stating my copy of Vista H.P. has shipped and should get it within 3 weeks.

Sorry I wasn't more specific but I was driving and submitting by smartphone. Anyways, I purchased XP MCE from NewEgg at end of December and submitted first week of January. I emailed all my info to them including scan of receipts. Next day got an email from them stating I had to provide proof of new PC purchase. Called NewEgg and they gave me moduslink phone number to call. Spoke to CSR at moduslink and was okayed. Here is the email I received:

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD OEM.
Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order.

I just cancelled my order through Moduslink because I didn't feel like shelling out $93 for an upgrade to Vista Home Premium 32-bit version. Here was the reply.

Moduslink E-mail said:
Dear Customer,

Upon your request to make a change in your order, it has been cancelled. Great
choice, now you'll get what you Wanted paying $199+

Regards,

Upgrade Redemption Center

What a bunch of sarcastic assholes.

Are you serious? That's completely uncalled for in my opinion. That should be reported to someone.

I just cancelled my order through Moduslink because I didn't feel like shelling out $93 for an upgrade to Vista Home Premium 32-bit version. Here was the reply.

What a bunch of sarcastic assholes.

They didnt really say that did they lol, funniest thing Ive read in a while.:D

They didnt really say that did they lol, funniest thing Ive read in a while.:D

Yes, they did...here's my response to Microsoft.

kirbyrj said:
To Whom It May Concern:
I received this response to a request to cancel my order via the Moduslink Vista upgrade customer support. The original text of both my e-mail and the response is enclosed below. This response to my request was unprofessional and uncalled for and reflects negatively on Microsoft in general even though Moduslink may or may not be directly related to the Microsoft company. I personally do not appreciate a customer service representative using sarcasm and judging my choice of software and the prices I'm willing to pay for what I want.

Also, the Moduslink website claimed that there would be no charges to my credit card until the Vista upgrade shipped, and the entire amount of my order was pending on my credit card even though I needed to submit several pieces of information prior to my order shipping. This is also unacceptable.

I'm not sure what you can do about either of these issues, but if you could look into one or both of these, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Back