Is ASUS a good video card manufacture?

Seraphic

2[H]4U
Is ASUS a good video card manufacture?
Was looking at them for a ATI 5770.

Also, is the warranty overall good?
Seems to be three years.

They seem to be pretty good for video cards. Both cards in the rig in my sig are from ASUS and I have had no trouble with them so far.

As for the warranty, 3 years is O.k., but if you want lifetime warranty on ATI cards, go with XFX.

Yeah, XFX would be nice, but don't want to pay the extra $$.
So I'll get the AUSU 5770 then. Got it for $135.09 (after cash back) and free shipping.

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=AS-EAH5770

Use Coupon: Pumpkin15 for $15 off (coupon ends tonight)
Then 5% off with cashback or $7.90

Total comes to $135.09

Yes, Asus has been making some really nice non reference gpus lately so they are definetly a top notch gpu seller.

Plus an Asus rep is a member here at [H] so you can always just pm him if you run into trouble.

Thanks, I'll keep him in mind. What is his name?
Anyway, this ASUS 5770 is based on the reference cooler (seems they all are).
Guess the only problem with it is that fan is loud.

Their cards are solid just like any other company. But Asus RMA customer service blows. XFX is much much better to deal with since XFX is a smaller company and thoroughly process and test their RMA's.

ASUS and XFX build some of the most solid ATi cards.
Sapphire is just cheap, and ATi's favorite, at the moment.

If the price premium is doable, go for it. XFX's warranty (real experience, not just paper, like VisionTek) just dominates everything else out there. (ATi, at any rate)

Sapphire =Pcpartner (=zotac ) and guess who is producing most of reference ati cards?Yes , sapphire . I guess their problem at US is customer service.
Sapphire is just cheap, and ATi's favorite, at the moment.

Their cards are solid just like any other company. But Asus RMA customer service blows. XFX is much much better to deal with since XFX is a smaller company and thoroughly process and test their RMA's.

So true. In my opinion, asus has a history of dumping support, especially in the mobo end of it.

I've had good experiences with Asus' RMA program in the past. It has been several years, but it was good nonetheless. I had to RMA a motherboard three times in two months so the board was trash, but the customer service was good.

My last two video cards have both been from Asus. My 4890 is still running strong in a second rig, and of course my 5870 is running everything beautifully. But, I've apparently have had exceptionally good luck with all things Asus, as I've been running their mobos since the Nforce(orgianal) days with no hiccups.

For the ASUS warranty do you have to register the card within 15 days of purchase?
Or is it just three years from purchase with copy of receipt?

ASUS is great until you need service from them, then you'll wish you had this 'repair kit':

asus_repair_kit.jpg

ASUS is great until you need service from them, then you'll wish you had this 'repair kit':

asus_repair_kit.jpg

seriously..

ASUS customer service is WAY FAR BETTER THAN some brand like sapphire..

which is entirely crap to begin with...

ASUS even did a upgrade for my cards for free when they are out of cards :p

seriously..

ASUS customer service is WAY FAR BETTER THAN some brand like sapphire..

which is entirely crap to begin with...

ASUS even did a upgrade for my cards for free when they are out of cards :p

I find Sapphire cards to be more reliable than ASUS, but when they need to be RMA'd then Sapphire always sends cards back that work.

If you can say that ASUS is better than Sapphire then you obviously haven't dealt with either company.

I only had experience with ASUS, and it was:

if you card starts showing signs of dying...
KILL IT OFF!

Then send it in.

Otherwise, you could spend months in RMA-hell.

I've had an old singleslot Asus 4850 for nearly a year now and aside from dust clogging causing temperature issues (that were easily resolved with a can of air) it's never given me any problems. My old Sapphire 9600XT, however, started artifacting and eventually just died after I owned it for about as long.

But that's old tech versus new tech so...

I have two sapphire cards that are still working well after two years (3870 toxics).
Never had to use sapphire rma. Hope to have no problems with this asus 5770.

For the ASUS warranty do you have to register the card within 15 days of purchase?
Or is it just three years from purchase with copy of receipt?

Back