Jace Hall Show Has Duke Nukem Forever Footage

HardOCP News

[H] News
Long time friend and former VP of Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment (many of you know him from his days as CEO of Monolith) Jason “Jace” Hall got hands on time with Duke Nukem Forever and video taped it for his new show. Get on over there and watch it!

Jace Hall lands an exclusive interview with George Broussard and Scott Miller of 3D Realms. He even gets to play Duke Nukem Forever, the game that’s been in development for over 12 years – and Jace has the footage to prove it! Also includes an interview with Greg Grunberg of "Heroes."

Now I'll just need footage of Nessie and Bigfoot for my life to be complete.

Are they still working on that game? I thought it was abandoned years ago.

Does anyone really care about this game any more?

Good question. I suffocated under the sheer volume of bullshit about this game years ago. I could care less about it now. Let it die.

This game is not really a game, is a news headline, every other month, we hear about. They talk about. They show screen shots. BUT THEY DON"T RELEASE THE FUCKING GAME. Its all bullshit.

What's a Duke Nukem? I vaguely remember my grandparents telling me something about it.

Looks pretty good. Maybe this will actually come out someday.

In other news, world leaders announced a dire shortage of bubblegum today. ;)

This game is not really a game, is a news headline, every other month, we hear about. They talk about. They show screen shots. BUT THEY DON"T RELEASE THE FUCKING GAME. Its all bullshit.

I'm with this guy. There's nothing tangible yet. I probably still won't believe it's going to be released even when it goes gold. They just keep dangling this carrot in front of our face every few months.

they are not using doom 3 engine but unreal 2 engine.

yes a heavy modded unreal 2 engine.

If they were going switch engine again no clue how long it will take.

I think it looks a bit out of date already

I will be blunt

12 years of Hype = a bar that no game will ever be able to live up too. Most games even really good games fall on their face with more then a couple years of hype.

I will give it a fair shake when and IF it ever comes out. But being flatly honest my expectations are extremely low. Duke Nukem is a very fond memory of the first FPS that was really targeted at Adults. I suspect the best place for it to reside is as a memory.

I hope the gameplay is good. It could look like Half Life 1 for all I care, as long as it plays well.

they are not using doom 3 engine but unreal 2 engine.

yes a heavy modded unreal 2 engine.

I never understood why they felt the need to heavily modify the engine. Dukes graphics for the time were good, but it was the content that made it a good game. The levels, the characters, and the game play. I lost track how many times they've changed engines already, but they should just use the stock engine, add their content, and release the game within a reasonable time.

every time i see something like this about the game it pisses me off, I WANNA BE PLAYING IT LIKE NOW !! JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH !!!

and lol @ the picture someone posted on here a few months ago of some dude who still has his preorder reciept from eb games from years and years ago :D

Nice

Reminds me a mix of Doom 3 and Prey. :cool:

Although, I was hoping to see some DNF ladies.

I will be blunt

12 years of Hype = a bar that no game will ever be able to live up too. Most games even really good games fall on their face with more then a couple years of hype.

I will give it a fair shake when and IF it ever comes out. But being flatly honest my expectations are extremely low. Duke Nukem is a very fond memory of the first FPS that was really targeted at Adults. I suspect the best place for it to reside is as a memory.

I wouldn't be so certain. Remember, Team Fortress 2 was in development for nearly a decade, had a couple of engine changes and design changes, and it turned out spectacularly well.

Anywho, game looked pretty sweet to me. Looked like a good ol "shoot tons of shit" shooter :D

I am hoping they will still use a config file like they did in the original duke nukem 3d..

Oh yeah... turn a rocket launcher into an atomic bomb launcher :) Shoot - Hide behind a wall and watch the nice flash of light as everything in site is obliterated! :)

Sooo fucking stoked. Seeing Jason Hall as well was awesome as well as GeorgeB and Scott Miller.
Frankly if its gonna take another 10 years I don't really care cause that way there always be one game I can look forward to while playing other great games in the meantime.

^ Dude that was Shadow Warrior. Man get your 3DR games straight...

Who want-a some wang?

Anyone else really disturbed that a sequel to a game I played in 6th grade was just shown off, even though it was announced when I was in high school. At this point, this game doesn't have to be good, as long as it's playable I'll have my expectations exceeded.

I will be blunt

I'm with you. It will probably be best remembered as one of the great originals alongside Doom...

Back